LOST in the MK?

My 24 y/o DS insists he read that Disney has plans to change the underused Tom Sawyer’s Island over to an attraction with a LOST theme. Of course, I tried to tell him that has to be a rumor because I didn’t hear anything about it.

But since Disney does own ABC and the rights to LOST, I guess it cannot be totally discounted.

Have I missed anything? Has this ever been seriously discussed?

I have not heard anything about it either… cant wait to see if anyone has

Will Disney Ditch Tom Sawyer Island for a ‘Lost’ Ride? | The Wrap

This is something I found online Ddoll. It is all rumours at the mo and there is a petition via the web to join if this is something you want. I don’t know if the Dharma initiative is involved or not? :laugh:

I think it would be quite cool actually. I think the ‘Tom Sawyer’ thing is sooooo ridiculously dated now. Now, if a different Sawyer was involved…mmmmmmmmmmmm:laugh:

Ooh Polly, you have the right idea! :laugh: Sawyer…mmmm. They’d certainly be selling a lot of ladies sized tee shirts.

Guess I should have posted this under Rumors, since it looks to be just that right now. But I was thinking it had a little more meat to it than the usual rumor.

Another thing that doesn’t seem to make sense would be putting such an attraction in the MK and not the Studios. It doesn’t seem to make much sense from a theme point of view to go in the Adventureland section of the MK.

Anyone notice them selling LOST merchandise in the ToT gift shop? I bought my son’s first LOST tee shirt in there a couple of years ago. Disney seems invested in the success of this show already.

But isn’t this the last season of Lost? Wouldn’t it be strange for Disney to invest that kind of money into an attraction that will be dated itself in a couple of years?

Hmmm…It’ll be interesting to see what comes of this. TBH, I’m going to be sad to see Tom Sawyer go. I loved the rustic feel of being on the raft and romping through the fort.

I hate to bust your bubbles, but this isn’t really a Disney/ Magic Kingdom thing, or is it?
If any park would work, it might be the Studios, IMHO. There’s nothing magical about ‘Lost’

We are big Lost fans and I would love to see it incorporated somewhere, but I do agree that it would be kind of funny to put it in the MK. So far the movies have followed the attractions, not vice versa…but you never know! (I’m talking about recent movies here not classics like Cinderella etc.)

[QUOTE=Dopey;1011671]I hate to bust your bubbles, but this isn’t really a Disney/ Magic Kingdom thing, or is it?
If any park would work, it might be the Studios, IMHO. There’s nothing magical about ‘Lost’[/QUOTE]

The only thing that is magical is Sawyer :laugh: Ddoll and I have been swooning already! hee hee.
However, although I do love Lost, There really is no place for it in the MK at all, no matter how great the TS Island location is.

I saw this on a another forum also. But I think it would be very silly to put something to do with Lost at Mk. It would be nice to see something at HS.

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1011714]The only thing that is magical is Sawyer :laugh: Ddoll and I have been swooning already! hee hee.
However, although I do love Lost, There really is no place for it in the MK at all, no matter how great the TS Island location is.[/QUOTE]

Ok Polly, go ahead and swoon. I am glad you agree with the location being wrong :pirate:

I’ll sign a petition all right.
A petition to leave it as Tom Sawyer Island!
I agree, if it’s a current TV show, it belongs in DHS, not MK. MK should be reserved for Disney kids movies and Walt’s ideas (OK, Pixar too, along with some other related things).
Lost is too much adult viewing for inclusion in the Magic Kingdom.
(I hope I make sense)

If you really want to retheme Tom Sawyer Island because kids today have no clue who or what Tom Sawyer even is (do they even teach Mark Twain and have kids read TS and Huck Finn anymore?) would be a Capt. Jack Sparrow pirates’ island.

I must be the only human being who has never seen one episode of Lost… I like Soundgod’s idea of a pirate theme (if it had to be changed).
It must be a great TV show, but I doubt a show like Lost (with a limited lifespan compared to the major long-term theming at MK) would get such an honor as to replace Tom Sawyer’s island.

[QUOTE=leslieh;1012159]I must be the only human being who has never seen one episode of Lost… I like Soundgod’s idea of a pirate theme (if it had to be changed).
It must be a great TV show, but I doubt a show like Lost (with a limited lifespan compared to the major long-term theming at MK) would get such an honor as to replace Tom Sawyer’s island.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I am very proud to announce here today that I have never seen an episode of that show either and I am not interested :ohmy:

I’ve been hearing these rumblings all around this week. As someone who has never seen Lost, I don’t really care if they develop an attraction around it, but count me in the camp of people who would be upset if they inserted an attraction inspired by a non kids TV show into the MK. DHS would be fine, though they clearly don’t have an island setup all ready to be converted! LOL

[QUOTE=ddoll;1011605]My 24 y/o DS insists he read that Disney has plans to change the underused Tom Sawyer’s Island over to an attraction with a LOST theme. Of course, I tried to tell him that has to be a rumor because I didn’t hear anything about it.

But since Disney does own ABC and the rights to LOST, I guess it cannot be totally discounted.

Have I missed anything? Has this ever been seriously discussed?[/QUOTE]

i just read this morning

After all of the buzz about “Lost” fans petitioning Disney for a “Lost” attraction in the theme parks, movieline.com is reporting a “Lost” attraction may indeed be in the works. To read more:

<http://www.movieline.com/2010/01/exclusive-disney-actually-is-developing-lost-ride.php>

[QUOTE=leslieh;1012159]I must be the only human being who has never seen one episode of Lost… I like Soundgod’s idea of a pirate theme (if it had to be changed).
It must be a great TV show, but I doubt a show like Lost (with a limited lifespan compared to the major long-term theming at MK) would get such an honor as to replace Tom Sawyer’s island.[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for the “I’ve never seen Lost” Club! I too would not like this idea, not that my opinion counts for much. :blush:

Not the only one. I too have never watched a single episode and don’t intend to.
I was just thinking, a Lost attraction might also be at home in AK, although I think a better idea might be a Land of the Lost attraction in the Dino Land section of the park.