Lots of SSR Questions!

Hi everyone,
It finally sunk in that we are staying at SSR! But now all of these logistics questions are popping in my head. So please check back often :slight_smile: I believe I will be updating this list!

1. Can I still send packages to the resort from the parks?

2. How much of a tip for Mousekeeping per night is acceptable? (2 adults 2 kids)

3. I heard that coffee is provided in the Villa, how much is available? We will have 2 adults that are big coffee drinkers.

4. What do we do with the pull-out bed? Do they make it for us or do we do that? Do we put it back in the morning?

5. They carry H20 but do they have my FAVORITE H20 body butter from DCL?
    If not in the room- in the spa for sale?

6. Are there towel animals ? Can we request them?

7. Do they have the turkey foccacia sandwich at the Artists Palate? ( MMMMM! )

Okay that’s all for now folks!
As always, thanks to MBrs for all the great advice!
~Zoey

1. Can I still send packages to the resort from the parks?
    Yes, absolutely! You’ll just have to pick your package up in the resort store by Artist Palette

2. How much of a tip for Mousekeeping per night is acceptable? (2 adults 2 kids) Even though SSR is a DVC resort & generally when you are staying on a DVC reservation Mousekeeping doesn’t come every night. Although, I am pretty sure when you book a DVC Villa through a ‘normal cash reservation’ via Disney you’ll get Mousekeeping every night like any other hotel booking. If it were me I’d leave $5 per night.

3. I heard that coffee is provided in the Villa, how much is available? We will have 2 adults that are big coffee drinkers. In your villa you’ll have the coffee maker, toaster, microwave, fridge, & if you are staying in a 1-bedroom or villa you’ll have a washer/dryer also. They do provide a minimal amount of coffee supplies in the Villa BUT the resort store is stocked with supplies if need be; milk, cream, coffee, etc… You’ll be able to get anything extra you need there.

4. What do we do with the pull-out bed? Do they make it for us or do we do that? Do we put it back in the morning? If you are receiving Mousekeeping services they’ll take care of everything if you leave it open. Naturally, you could always fold the linens & push in the sleeper yourself (I fold it right away in the morning 'cause I like the space), it’s a REALLY easy one, slips right in & out. Not the most comfortable thing I’ve ever slept on but it’s alright.

5. They carry H20 but do they have my FAVORITE H20 body butter from DCL?
    SSR has a really BIG spa area. I can’t confirm all the products available there but their spa is probably one of your best bets. If you have the time/cash try a spa service in there, check out the awesome gym too.

6. Are there towel animals ? Can we request them?
    Yup, I’ve had towel animals at SSR.

7. Do they have the turkey foccacia sandwich at the Artists Palate? ( MMMMM! )
    Artist Palette is DELICIOUS, everything I’ve had there has NOT dissapointed but I’ve never had the turkey foccacia. I URGE you to have dinner at Turf Club also!

#3 - they do not provide enough coffee if you are a big coffee drinker. We always pack extra. And they NEVER leave enough beer.

Dang, no beer? I thought this was a Deluxe! Us “Northerners” really like our beer when it is hot and muggy!

I heard there is a pool bar so I’ll just have to check that out :slight_smile: Speaking of which-
Are you allowed to drink an adult beverage by the pool and hot tubs (preferably in the hot tub) or do you have to sit right at the bar? Or is the area all together?

I am SO happy they have towel animals~ DD LOVES them!

Anyone who has not tried the Turkey Foccacia seriously needs to go to ASMu and get one. We could not believe how delicious it was. Especially as a food court item! DD says we have to get one again so it may be a bus ride over to get one if SSR does not have them!

Thanks again…and again…and again to all of you!

Yep you can cruise the area w/your beverages. They frown upon alcohol at the hot tub. That’s due to chances of one’s passing out. I have done it w/out being sanctioned, but the sign said: ‘Long haired, freaky people need not apply.’

and “no alcoholic beverages.”

tell them you’re with me - it’s cool.

LOL!
We have a hot tub and I am pretty sure I never get in w/out a beverage. Wait, maybe once or twice over the years… :slight_smile: But, I understand the concern. I am sure someone that over-indulged wrecked that fun for the rest of us.

“tell them you’re with me - it’s cool”
Umm…I think I’ll reserve that for an absolute emergency. By the sounds of it, it could get me in more trouble! ROFL!

I don’t know if you want to get too excited with the towel animals. The only one I ever got at SSR is the classic Mickey head made from the hand towel and two wash cloths that was left there when I checked in. And I got that the second time I stayed there. Nothing was left (even at check in) the first time nor ever when the maids came during clean-up days. So just be prepared, you may or may not get one or more and it may not be the creative kind.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;981479]

1. I heard that coffee is provided in the Villa, how much is available? We will have 2 adults that are big coffee drinkers. In your villa you’ll have the coffee maker, toaster, microwave, fridge, & if you are staying in a 1-bedroom or villa you’ll have a washer/dryer also. They do provide a minimal amount of coffee supplies in the Villa BUT the resort store is stocked with supplies if need be; milk, cream, coffee, etc… You’ll be able to get anything extra you need there.

I don’t know the answer, but because they get daily house keeping, do you think they get restocked every day? More coffee, more laundry soap, etc. I’d still take a trip over and get some real creamer for the coffee though. The powder stuff is not my first choice.:laugh:

My favorite resort! WishUponAStar covered it well, just remember, you are not a DVC member and you should be treated like a normal resort paying customer as far as housekeeping goes. Wish we were staying their this time, but no.

Have I mentioned We are staying in a Trees house Villa this trip?

today - Have I mentioned it today?

You will want more coffee! A grovery stop is a must when staying at DVC units. Studio has mini fridge so don’t go overboard on big stuff for that but other units have full size.

I left two in 6314 for you. Good stuff, a nice dark irish stout. :rolleyes: Your name on stickey note.

What about a refillable mug?

Ok, I have to ask- Do you mean for beer or soda? ROFL!

Yes, they have the soda kind. The only beer ones I have found are on Disney Cruise Line!

if DVC member then an intial supply of coffe …after thyat you will provide it your self …all the other questions were answered admirably by another poster …tip for mouse keeping is adjusted again if you are meber or not …have good time

Ok, a couple more… :slight_smile:

I read that SSR has the H2O brand … but while I was looking through pictures of the resort rooms it appears that the shower has little black and red Mickey bottles in it just like the shampoo and conditioner at Values.

Can we bring a floaty or beach ball to the pools at SSR?

Thoughts?
Thanks again!
~Zoey

I want some more info about the food court at SSR. What type of breakfast food do they offer? We always eat a quick breakfast at the food court at the hotel.

Bump :slight_smile:
I really wanna know about that h20 shampoo!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;983730]Bump :slight_smile:
I really wanna know about that h20 shampoo![/QUOTE]

SSR should have the H2O products, the picture must be old.

You can bring a beach ball and probably pool noodles.

Well, the Artist’s Palate is a little different from most food courts…they don’t have a lot of stations where you can pick and choose. There are cold options which you can take for yourself. For hot options there is a blackboard menu from which you can order. There is only one station to order at and it can get really crowded. They have a breakfast sandwich, a breakfast platter, waffles and sausage… In the take-it-yourself section there is cereal, fruit, croissants, bagels, cinnamon buns.

A lot of people don’t like the AP because of the set-up. The food is quite good - however it does take quite a long time between ordering and getting your food and there’s only one cashier. That gets a little frustrating, especially at busy times, like breakfast.

If you haven’t done a grocery run, I think a better idea is to pick up breakfast items the night before and eat in your suite.

I am just bursting with excitement~
Off to WDW bright and early tomorrow. With any luck, we will get checked in quick and still have time to make Wishes!

I will try to get online as soon as I get back to update on FD crowds, SSR upgrades, online ADRs and online check-in! (Provided that I don’t have a bad case of PDD :slight_smile:

Hi ho…Hi ho…