Low Crowd Prediction or morning EMH?

Just looked at a crowd calender for our trip in May and was pleasantly surprised to see 3, 4, and 5 crowd levels. Do I stick with our usual plan to hit the park with EMH in the am or do I stick with the park that is suggested for that day with a low crowd prediction?

We don’t have park hoppers we are taking advantage of Kids Stay and Play Free and are not upgrading.

Emh parks will be busier on those days. Personally. I’d avoid them.

Without PH’s I would usually avoid.

I think the crowd calendar is spot on. I would avoid the EMH parks without hoppers.

[QUOTE=QueenofHearts;1065225]Just looked at a crowd calender for our trip in May and was pleasantly surprised to see 3, 4, and 5 crowd levels. Do I stick with our usual plan to hit the park with EMH in the am or do I stick with the park that is suggested for that day with a low crowd prediction?

We don’t have park hoppers we are taking advantage of Kids Stay and Play Free and are not upgrading.[/QUOTE]

We are going in May too. I am so glad to see how low our crowds will be.

We most always go on EMH days, usually the a.m., and have always gotten hoppers but never felt we’ve needed to leave because of crowds. This year we’re passing on hoppers for the water parks because we really don’t use them much, but still plan to hit EMH parks as usual.

We have always done hoppers too, but this was the first year we thought the kids would really appreciate the water parks so we went with the water park option instead of PH.

We have always done the EMH in the morning, but I have to admit I never took note of crowds as the day went on.

I view park hoppers like heated seats in a car/truck…once you get them, you will never go back. I guess we have gone too many times during busy times of year to be comfortable without that insurance to be able to leave a park if the crowds are bad. But, I guess with being there in May with such low crowds, that probably is a good fiscal decision.

Our last few trips have been planned during low crowd months, and we didn’t use the park hoppers to avoid crowds but more to see more attractions. My son would be finished riding at EPCOT and say he wanted to ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster and off we were to HS. Going to try a more relaxed approach this time and try to take advantage of the hotel and water parks.

I did this my last trip and it was so much better. I had two boys with me, and I let them dictate the pace. Lots of time at the pool, lots of stopping to look at things and not rush to the next attraction. For those of us who go often, I’m finding it better do to some things well and not do all things half-#$ed.

I don’t think I could go without park hoppers, off course we usually go in the cooler months.

Agree with PH’s being mandatory. We hop throughout the world too much.

I personally always prefer to do EMH when I can simply because I get more done. Seems people are ok with getting to the parks by 9 or 10am, but not at 8am. That hours allows me to walk on at least three headliners saving me time and aggrevation.

I have always done the EMH in the am with my family. That is why I am struggling this time to decide if I stick with my usual plan and just leave the park when it fills up or go with touring plan and avoid EMH altogether. PH are not an option we really would like to do the waterparks this time, and something has to give $$$$ wise!

That’s what I do (EMH in the am, leave when it’s crowded), and it always seems to work. Then again, I have never tried the touring plans. I’ve looked over them, and they are very similar to how we tend to tour the parks, anyway.

But if you don’t have park hoppers, then this might be a good time to try the touring plans, since you wouldn’t have the option of switching parks if one is too crowded.

We’ve gone in May several times and have never used EMH in the morning. We have done the EMH in the evening and it does get crowded. Wait times during the day are not bad at all, maybe the longest is TT, Soarin and Spash Mt. They are the only ones we have ever gotten a FP for. We didn’t even have to get one for RNR or Space Mt.