Ltt

[B]LTT doesn’t have characters anymore![/B]

I wasn’t aware of this.:angry::angry: We went Saturday and thought we would try to book a dinner with the characters and were told that they stopped at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know WHY??? To me this was the best one to meet Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale and Pluto. Now that leaves CP and CRT for character meals inside the MK. That is kinda crazy to me.

Another victim of budget cuts. We liked LTT but we won’t go back with no characters.

We will miss going to LTT but go for the characters not the food.

The food is good, but the character interactions what really made the place. There was a petition floating around here earlier (December / January) to keep the characters. With the cutbacks, I think it was inevitable that they go, just like the P&P party which is being discontinued.

Yes, we are bummed. LTT has become a tradition for us, usually near the end of the trip so we can eat the “comfort” food there after 7 days or so of really rich stuff. The characters were part of the tradition. LTT fills it’s ADRs even when we go in Sept. so I can’t see why they have to cut back.

I hate that they took the characters away. Even a write-in and petition didn’t make them budge. The characters were the best thing about LTT dinner. [sigh]

I am still so disappointed…

It is disappointing that they took away the characters…BUT I will still keep going back because the food is great! Like Gingles said it is nice to get a break from all the rich food and eat some good comfort food…mmmmm!

I wrote letters and protested but this the only response I received:

Thank you for contacting us regarding character dining at Liberty Tree Tavern located at the Magic Kingdom® Park.

As you know, character dining at this location is being discontinued.
We regret any disappointment this may cause you. However, please know that we believe Disney Characters are an integral part of the Disney experience. As a company, we have the great fortune of presenting Characters and their stories from films, the Disney Channel, home video, and much more. Evaluating and refining our operations are also an important part of our business, which includes periodically updating our assortment of entertainment offerings, including adjustments to the presentation location and schedules of our Character greetings and other appearances in stage shows, parades and spectaculars. This also assists us in ensuring their relevance to the multi-generational mix of Guests
who visit the Walt Disney World Resort.

Our Guests’ impressions are very important to us and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. Please know that we are continually focused on providing the best possible entertainment experiences for our Guests. We hope that our array of entertainment, shows and character offerings at the Walt Disney World Resort provide the most memorable and magical experiences for everyone and that they will delight you in the future as they have in years past.

We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort

So I guess we will have to live with the decision.

Honestly, we were only ready to try LTT this past trip, but I found out ahead of time that it’s a Stouffer’s meal. We took a pass because I can buy that at the grocery store.

OK, let’s get a sturdy crew together. We hit the parks, bind and gag at least 4-5 characters (guys we can’t be picky), get them on the monorail, through the gate (I’m still working this out), and insert them into LTT. I think we should go for the smaller characters–say Donald and Daisy for example. We may can get them into a sack.

we enjoyed LTT so much we are going to go back even w/o the characters there.

it’s just good, comfort food.

my 5yo. DD enjoyed the selections alot…she’s not a hotdog/chick.nugget girl.

she liked the pork, turkey and greens, (& of coarse the mac&cheese). it’s really a good meal for little kids.

They had Characters?:confused::blink:

[QUOTE=chottsy;934547]we enjoyed LTT so much we are going to go back even w/o the characters there.

it’s just good, comfort food.

my 5yo. DD enjoyed the selections alot…she’s not a hotdog/chick.nugget girl.

she liked the pork, turkey and greens, (& of coarse the mac&cheese). it’s really a good meal for little kids.[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, we will go back. The sad part is that I dislike “getting” something and then have it taken away. Like the DP. It was a great deal with an appetizer and tip included. I truly understand budget cut backs. But knowing they pay the CM’s little, how much could it possibly cost them. They have the costumes, and the fact that it was an “American” theme in Liberty Square made it extra special, even educational.