Mace family 2014 2.0


We were down from Pennsylvania in April 2014 to visit Disney and Universal Studios so we didn’t expect a holiday trip. But we were lucky when we discovered our schedules were able to accommodate a vacation, and we planned this one in just two days. We flew out of Philly on Dec 8th and spent six nights at the Port Orleans Riverside resort. It was our first time there. Temps for the week were in the low to mid 60’s so it was a bit chilly, but better than snow back in PA. We did a three day hopper at Disney along with a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas night, and two days at Universal. We utilized the park shuttle service for the most part except for our Universal Days. On our arrival night we did DisneyQuest from 7:30pm to closing. We ate at T-Rex Monday night. It was very much like Rainforest Café to me with the food being on the same scale. We did Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. Got to the park early to hit the big attractions. We did Tower of Terror four times that day and the wait was never over 30 minutes. We ate at Mama Melrose’s Italian restaurant for the first time and it was really good. We’re used to the Sci Fi Dine In theater, but we decided to change it up. Great pasta and I had the fish special which was outstanding. We went to Animal Kingdom on Thursday and the lines were very manageable. Wait times were only 15-30 minutes for most attractions. We had a quick lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ which was really good. We did Mickey’s Christmas that night and ate at our usual spot, Pecos Bill’s. Good stuff. We did try getting into the Liberty Tree but all of the sit-down restaurants were closed for Mickey’s Christmas. We stayed right up until midnight and did just about every ride in the park. It’s good having the kids in their teen years and able to handle the late nights ! We finished our Disney days on Saturday with a final trip to the Magic Kingdom. The weekend crowds are quite different than the weekday crowds. We noticed about a 40% increase in crowd size. I guess the Florida residents come out then. But the park was open until 2:00am so we spent a long day enjoying the parades and attractions. We figured that it was our final day at Disney until who-knows-when so we were going to have a blast. This was our 15th trip to Disney in the past 19 yrs. Two times in that span we did two trips in one year (this year included) mainly because my job allowed us to travel to that area of the country. It never gets old, and we’re all very sad when we return home. Having a bit of a vacation hangover today.


Thanks for the TR.

We got back on Thur, and had the disney hangover on Friday. Must be that airplane air.

What day did you go to the party? Were you freezing? The last few days were there the night time temps were pretty chilly.