Madalynn's Fairy Cake

I baked a Fairy cake for my DGD’s 3rd birthday and thought I would share. :flowers:

That is amazing!!! I don’t think that I would want to cut it, but then again it is cake so I would want to eat it!!!

How did you make the second layer if you don’t mind my asking?

Oh, I bet she loved it! :happy: :heart:

Oh my goodness, that is so beautiful- well done to you, very talented and I am sure DGD absolutely loved it.

Awww it is beautiful!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Madalynn wanted a “Pink flower with Tinker Bell sitting on it cake” LOL! So I did the best I could to make what she wanted :slight_smile:
MomBee I’m not sure what you mean by the second layer? The flower was baked in a NordicWare Sunflower bundt pan. I only filled the pan about 1/4 because I used a white cake and feared that it would overbake the edges if I filled it. Then I used various large tips to decorate. The large petals I used a large rose tip. The bottom is two layers of a 12x2 inch round pan with chocolate icing (which I hadn’t made before but it was yummy). It is supposed to look like a stump LOL :slight_smile:

You did a wonderful job. I was a cake decorater so I know the work that goes into that. Beautiful!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks mousemom, please don’t look very closely LOL

That is a beautiful cake. I am so jealous, so many talented people on MB and I’m not one of them.

Both and cake and the GD are beautiful!

Gorgeous! Cute granddaughter too!

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1065968]Thanks everyone for the compliments! Madalynn wanted a “Pink flower with Tinker Bell sitting on it cake” LOL! So I did the best I could to make what she wanted :slight_smile:
MomBee I’m not sure what you mean by the second layer? The flower was baked in a NordicWare Sunflower bundt pan. I only filled the pan about 1/4 because I used a white cake and feared that it would overbake the edges if I filled it. Then I used various large tips to decorate. The large petals I used a large rose tip. The bottom is two layers of a 12x2 inch round pan with chocolate icing (which I hadn’t made before but it was yummy). It is supposed to look like a log LOL :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry it was the flower layer I was wondering about so you answered my question so thankyou and once again it turned out beautiful!!!

Thanks Richard & Jen - I think she is beautiful too : )

I love it! Saw the pics on facebook but I feel weird commentin on tagged pics

What a perfect little tinkerbell cake:mickey:

How adorable!!! She must have loved it!

Thanks for all of the kind words! There is still a big hunk of cake left if you want a piece! LOL

Great cake!!! I wish I had talent to make cakes like this!

Looks delicious! Great job!

You know I’m not that far from you …? It would go good with a big ol’ glass of milk!!!
( Or perhaps a golden beverage??? :laugh:)

AWESOME CAKE !!!