Magic Band AP slider

We received our Magic Bands this week (yay!!). They included our DVC slider in the box - we also purchased AP’s but we didn’t receive a slider - does anyone know if we will get those when we pick up our AP’s at will-call? TIA…:mickey:

I’m not sure. Great answer I know.:blink::blink:. A few yrs ago when all this MB stuff started, we got an AP slider in the box. But when we got to the resort we asked about DVC sliders. I look at them as extra security for keeping the band on and my DS doesn’t have an AP. CM left and came back with 4 of the DVC ones.

I think you get the AP sliders when you get your magic bands for your APs. Have you gotten those yet or just the resort magic bands? We didn’t get ours until after our trip because we had to activate them first then “order” the magic bands.

We received Magic Bands in the mail which I thought would be all inclusive - our passes and resort all on this one!?!
So are you saying we will have a separate band for our AP’s (Like do we have to wear two bands or will they merge them once we go to the will call desk for our AP’s?)

Goodness - this is all new to me - we haven’t been since 2012 and so much has changed! I like some of the changes but I’m not liking the “unknown” - I hope I’ve done everything I’m supposed to lol!

[QUOTE=BDavis932;1919094731]We received Magic Bands in the mail which I thought would be all inclusive - our passes and resort all on this one!?!
So are you saying we will have a separate band for our AP’s (Like do we have to wear two bands or will they merge them once we go to the will call desk for our AP’s?)

Goodness - this is all new to me - we haven’t been since 2012 and so much has changed! I like some of the changes but I’m not liking the “unknown” - I hope I’ve done everything I’m supposed to lol![/QUOTE]

You only need to wear one band at at time. All of your bands will automatically have everything you need programmed when you get them. I guess the benefit of multiple bands is you can pick different colors and have an extra one if one breaks or gets lost. The catch is you can’t order the AP magicbands until you activate your APs. For us that meant we couldn’t order our bands until we got home from our trip. We got four MB for one trip last summer. We had three different resort reservations and an AP so we got three bands before we left home and ordered our AP bands once we got home. We’ll get three MB this summer, two resort reservations and new APs.

Right now, I’ve got something like 7 magic bands, and that’s just room keys. Of course, they’re tied to our APs, so I haven’t been in any hurry to get the two years’ worth of AP magic bands that we’re entitled to. In fact, the last time we stayed in WDW (2 weeks ago), we just brought colors of our choice from home and I told the CM at check in to just recycle the bands that were waiting for us.
Last June, I bought an R2-D2 band slider, and honestly, it looks like garbage. I didn’t know there is an AP slider, but I think I can live without it. I seem to prefer an unadorned band.