Magic band question

With MB, do you need to carry a ticket at all? I mean theoretically, could we leave the tickets at home as long as the bands are linked? What do people do when their MB doesn’t work?

My DS and DDIL are thrilled that the MB are waterproof, so for the water parks they don’t have to carry anything around. They plan on getting a locker for their phone. Don’t you have to give them some kind of ID to rent a locker there?

Not sure about the water parks but I still carry my AP with me to get my discount on merchandise. Also need to bring DL in case a sudden urge of a tasty beverage occurs.

I’ll still carry whatever they give me. Also, if you use the MDE app, you need the cell phone to make changes or get updates… Cards and tickets don’t apply to me, but if I had them, I would definitely carry them…just in case something goes bonkers…

Definitely carry the “backup” card. We had an issue one morning at Chef Mickey’s where they were having trouble charging the meals to the magic band, but the card worked.

So the reason for the MB is…??? If we still need to carry stuff “just in case”, why have the magic band? I just purchased some new card holders for our lanyards because of needing cards for any discounts. I need to carry ID, AP, DVC, Disney Visa, and TIW cards. So glad I’m being freed of carrying that ONE extra card (room key). :tongue::pinch:

Now I wonder about DS and waterparks.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1141658]So the reason for the MB is…??? If we still need to carry stuff “just in case”, why have the magic band? I just purchased some new card holders for our lanyards because of needing cards for any discounts. I need to carry ID, AP, DVC, Disney Visa, and TIW cards. So glad I’m being freed of carrying that ONE extra card (room key). :tongue::pinch:

Now I wonder about DS and waterparks.[/QUOTE]

…we don’t need to carry those paper Fps around anymore—or find a kiosk…everything is done on the app…and you just wave it in front of the entrance to the ride… My friends 3 year old loved waving his around at every ride!!! I don’t have all those other cards, so I’ll just need my phone and MB…

I think it’s more of a benefit for kids who won’t be charging stuff and such. Probably a big advantage there. For we adults, not a big difference.

Still very convenient with the MB’s as I don’t have to dig in my purse for the ticket when entering a park. Also great to use when swimming. Don’t have to hide your cards in shoes etc.