Magic Band?

Hello fellow Buzzers…has anyone heard of this new system called “Magic bands”? If you stay on property you get somesort of bracelet that is coded with all of your info, tickets, DDP, ect?

Yes, have heard of it… MyMagic+… and I want it!!!

PHOTOS - MyMagic+ RFID turnstile construction underway at all 4 parks

There’s all the scoop… I want to know how to GET ONE!

I saw “Magic Band” and thought “who’s a fan of Captain Beefheart?”.

(And who else even knows who Captain Beefheart is?)

Seriously though, how does this benefit AP holders?
We have paper tickets that are not attached to our rooms.
I’m still going to have to deal with the finger tag readers and ticket scanners.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1128656]Seriously though, how does this benefit AP holders?
I’m still going to have to deal with the finger tag readers and ticket scanners.[/QUOTE]

And how do APholders get Fastpasses for TSM and others?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1128656]Seriously though, how does this benefit AP holders?
I’m still going to have to deal with the finger tag readers and ticket scanners.[/QUOTE]

Good question, are they following the Universal model where you have to stay on property or buy the Magic +? I hope not.

‘MyMagic+’ frequently asked questions

OK, this article answers a few mre questions, but I still have two.

I want to know what it means when it says “Disney will contact some AP holders…” Just how do they do that, and whom do they choose?

Also, will they limit the number of FP+ so that there is even a remote chance that others can participate in attractions, I don’t know, by showing up at a park?

And most important, did anyone at Disney give consideration to the freaky-deaky tan line everyone is going to get from that stupid huge bracelet?

OK, that was three questions. So sue me. LOL

People will get 3 fastpass+ fastpasses per day, which can be used for certain fastpass attractions, shows and parades. Of course, there’s no way to tell until it rolls out how much this will impact the “in park” fastpass sytem. Certainly the most popular attractions, along with the parades and fireworks, will be impacted to a degree, many attractions should be only slightly affected, if at all, and with cancellations also being a factor, hopefully the impact will be less than some might fear. Only time will tell.

Well…in reading those FAQs…it says this will be open to everyone…so what’s the point? I don’t get it? There is no benefit to this…only the opposite if you don’t participate…

I just have sooooo many questions about these bands…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128667]‘MyMagic+’ frequently asked questions

OK, this article answers a few mre questions, but I still have two.

I want to know what it means when it says “Disney will contact some AP holders…” Just how do they do that, and whom do they choose?

Also, will they limit the number of FP+ so that there is even a remote chance that others can participate in attractions, I don’t know, by showing up at a park?

And most important, did anyone at Disney give consideration to the freaky-deaky tan line everyone is going to get from that stupid huge bracelet?

OK, that was three questions. So sue me. LOL[/QUOTE]

I can answer one of those…I am a very white redhead. No worries about tan lines here. lol

Pssst, everyone in Florida already has a white band on their wrists from their watches and many women have tan lines caused by their gaudily huge bracelets.

Plus, I guess you’ve never heard of “trucker’s arm”.:laugh:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128672]Well…in reading those FAQs…it says this will be open to everyone…so what’s the point? I don’t get it? There is no benefit to this…only the opposite if you don’t participate…

I just have sooooo many questions about these bands…[/QUOTE]

Jury is still out for me too. In the end it will probably be a good thing, especially since the plan is to be optional. It’s just the uncertainties of it at this time still make me skeptical.

Fast passes for fireworks are a complete non starter in my book!
Fast passes for fireworks means more blocked off areas that the general crowd can’t get to beyond the current special packages (dessert party, Fantasmic dining, various Epcot tours). For parades, I can only imagine the hurt feelings this could cause.
Some preferred viewing sections are OK, but I can only envision some of my favorite photo spots becoming off limits unless I’ve planned far far in advance, regardless of weather.
I already don’t like Tomorrowland Terrace being totally off limits unless you’ve paid the extra $25 per person for dessert. The more I hear about this, the less I want it!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1128679]Fast passes for fireworks are a complete non starter in my book!
Fast passes for fireworks means more blocked off areas that the general crowd can’t get to beyond the current special packages (dessert party, Fantasmic dining, various Epcot tours). For parades, I can only imagine the hurt feelings this could cause.
Some preferred viewing sections are OK, but I can only envision some of my favorite photo spots becoming off limits unless I’ve planned far far in advance, regardless of weather.
I already don’t like Tomorrowland Terrace being totally off limits unless you’ve paid the extra $25 per person for dessert. The more I hear about this, the less I want it![/QUOTE]

yup…agreed…and as I posted somewhere on here earlier…I would bet money that uptop at the train station will be one area that is off limits unless you pay and reserve it 180 days in advance of parades and fireworks. Those of us willing to sit and wait out a good spot will just be out of luck…makes me sad and mad…but—perhaps all this won’t work out…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1128677]Pssst, everyone in Florida already has a white band on their wrists from their watches and many women have tan lines caused by their gaudily huge bracelets.

Plus, I guess you’ve never heard of “trucker’s arm”.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooo! :ohmy: