Magic bands and My Disney experience

I found out a few days ago on my Disney experience that we will be testing the magic bands on our upcoming trip. I am very excited to use them.
Has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I would love to hear how it went for you.

I signed up for fastpass+ but we are traveling with family that are staying at the Swan and they won’t have fastpass+ so my plan is to sign up for fastpass+ ahead of time and when we get there I will find try to get passes for them at the same time. If not we will just decide at the time if we will cancel the pre passes and get new ones to ride with them or just take the opportunity to ride that ride with our fastpass+ and meet up with them after.

I was also wondering if anyone else was having trouble linking passes to my Disney experience. I have stumped the tech support and they are getting back to me after they figure it out. I entered 2 park passes (one bought from Disney website and the other from Undercover Tourist) One of the passes linked correctly to my account and the other linked to my husband doesn’t show up anywhere and no one can find it. :frowning: We still have 43 days before we leave but I want to make sure everything is set before we go.

I really love all the MDE has to offer and I hope the wifi works well while we are in the parks to be able to access all our info.

Are tickets purchased from UT lumped into a package? Seems like I read somewhere that right now the bands work for those whose have a package.
I’m still not sure how all this is going to work.

They said the UT tickets should work. We are DVC members so we can’t choose a package.

I don’t know if you’ve ever checked out the “dark side,” but a few weeks ago, DIS did a great article on testing out FP+. MyMagic+ Review: MagicBands & FastPass+ | DIS Blog

I found out a few days ago on my Disney experience that we will be testing the magic bands on our upcoming trip. I am very excited to use them.
Has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I would love to hear how it went for you. I used them last weekend and LOVED them!!

I signed up for fastpass+ but we are traveling with family that are staying at the Swan and they won’t have fastpass+ so my plan is to sign up for fastpass+ ahead of time and when we get there I will find try to get passes for them at the same time. If not we will just decide at the time if we will cancel the pre passes and get new ones to ride with them or just take the opportunity to ride that ride with our fastpass+ and meet up with them after. I was told by a cast member to enter the park with my actual ticket- not the band. That was I could use the actual ticket for more fastpasses in addition to the FP+ selections on my band. It worked perfectly! I am sure this isn’t going to work in the future, but right now it worked.

I was also wondering if anyone else was having trouble linking passes to my Disney experience. I have stumped the tech support and they are getting back to me after they figure it out. I entered 2 park passes (one bought from Disney website and the other from Undercover Tourist) One of the passes linked correctly to my account and the other linked to my husband doesn’t show up anywhere and no one can find it. :frowning: We still have 43 days before we leave but I want to make sure everything is set before we go. I had the same issue with my sons AP- it was there, but not active. Tech support tried, but couldn’t do it. The CM at Epcot was able to handle it, but it did take a while. Tech support told me to make the FP+ selections for the rest of the family and then they were able to add DS once his pass was officially there.

I really love all the MDE has to offer and I hope the wifi works well while we are in the parks to be able to access all our info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info

Can’t wait to try them myself. I like the idea of using the card and the bands. Do they send the cards with the bands?

Would they be able to fix the missing linked tickets at the resort or only at the parks? I don’t want to hold up the family entering the parks if possible. Did you need to have the purchased ticket, magic bands and key to the world card with you all the time? I am really hoping the resolve this issue before we leave so I don’t need to worry about it.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1137450]Thanks for all the info

Can’t wait to try them myself. I like the idea of using the card and the bands. Do they send the cards with the bands? Not sure bc we have AP’s

Would they be able to fix the missing linked tickets at the resort or only at the parks? I don’t want to hold up the family entering the parks if possible. Did you need to have the purchased ticket, magic bands and key to the world card with you all the time? I am really hoping the resolve this issue before we leave so I don’t need to worry about it.[/QUOTE]Everything, when hooked up properly should all be in your band. The resort was unable to link my sons AP so we did it at Epcot. It took a good 15 minutes.

Thank you I’ll check this out

Id like to try them out

Not sure if this will help or not…

My husband and I have 2 accounts with different emails and logon. I had a terrible time with what I believe you are explaining. We both had to go into our own accounts and allow each other to share or edit our plans. Once we did that, we were able to link all the reservations under my husband’s name with what I had in my reservation list, and visa versa. Now everything is showing up. Funny thing was Disney I.T. dept could not figure it out. After calling several times through the DVC 800# (since we are DVC), I called the regular Disney line and the gentleman on the line spit out in less than 20 seconds what I needed to do. He stayed on the line while I did it and low and behold it worked. Everything is working fine now, except we do not appear to be part of the test program yet with the Magic Bands :angry:

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1137483]Not sure if this will help or not…

My husband and I have 2 accounts with different emails and logon. I had a terrible time with what I believe you are explaining. We both had to go into our own accounts and allow each other to share or edit our plans. Once we did that, we were able to link all the reservations under my husband’s name with what I had in my reservation list, and visa versa. Now everything is showing up. Funny thing was Disney I.T. dept could not figure it out. After calling several times through the DVC 800# (since we are DVC), I called the regular Disney line and the gentleman on the line spit out in less than 20 seconds what I needed to do. He stayed on the line while I did it and low and behold it worked. Everything is working fine now, except we do not appear to be part of the test program yet with the Magic Bands :angry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just tried this but we can see all reservations except my husbands park tickets. :frowning: I will have to call them in the am

My pass is active and is the new pass type. I’ve used it as recently as two weeks ago. Still can’t enter it. Guess it a call to WONDERFUL it support tomorrow.

Is there any reason to link our tickets if we are not part of FP+?

I don’t think so?? This whole thing is so confusing for me…I’m so glad for once that I am NOT going to WDW right now…

I just want to make my room reservation, plane transportation and then GO! …hate the idea of all this Pre visit stuff…

…someone else will have to answer this but in theory, I don’t see the point of linking tickets if you aren’t doing FPs or ADRs???

IT tells me there is a known issue with SOME of the pass numbers SO I still can’t book Fastpass+.

Personally, I’m not thinking I like the whole idea. Too much planning, and ties up too many fast passes. I see fastpass as being all but useless once EVERYBODY gets to pick TSM tickets.

Under the current system you actually HAVE to be in the part to get a FP.

What if I pick 6 passes for the 2 days we’ll be there (12 FPs total) and we just don’t hit those parks that day. That’s 12 wasted FPs.

I’m reserving judgement on the whole idea.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1137625]IT tells me there is a known issue with SOME of the pass numbers SO I still can’t book Fastpass+.

Personally, I’m not thinking I like the whole idea. Too much planning, and ties up too many fast passes. I see fastpass as being all but useless once EVERYBODY gets to pick TSM tickets.

Under the current system you actually HAVE to be in the part to get a FP.

What if I pick 6 passes for the 2 days we’ll be there (12 FPs total) and we just don’t hit those parks that day. That’s 12 wasted FPs.

I’m reserving judgement on the whole idea.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I have been saying—too much planning ahead of time—too much committment to being someone at a specific time…and yes—what happens if people just don’t show up to use the reservations (FPs) they have reserved—and the rest of us who don’t want to be tied down can’t get anything when we show up that morning…

Still not a fan—it will take a lot to convince me that this is all better for ME—and my just get up and hit the parks style of touring…

I am looking forward to everyone’s experience posted here…and wish you all good luck! :happy:

It’s really not too much planning… whether you admit it or not, we all plan to some extent. We usually know what park we are going to which day depending on park hours and EMH. Go on the site or app, match the park to the day and poof- You can now have 3 or 4 FP for that day. If you want to plan more, pick the rides and adjust the times. It’s really easy and I think it is lovely not to have to run in at rope drop if you aren’t feeling up to it. The 1st FP window is from 9-10am and if you do this early, you know you have a FP and will not have to rush. The app is easy to use if you need to change or cancel.

I don’t know how many times I’ve put to paper, mon- MK, tues -EP, etc, but once we get there almost nothing goes as planned. The only thing that stays the same, it where we have ADRs planned.

Many people talk right now how great it is with double dipping FPs and being able to change on the spur of the moment. I’d waiting to see how easy it is once there are 50 thousand people trying for fast passes.

I have to admit it would be nice to be able to have a pass for later in the day.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137651]I don’t know how many times I’ve put to paper, mon- MK, tues -EP, etc, but once we get there almost nothing goes as planned. The only thing that stays the same, it where we have ADRs planned.

Many people talk right now how great it is with double dipping FPs and being able to change on the spur of the moment. I’d waiting to see how easy it is once there are 50 thousand people trying for fast passes.

I have to admit it would be nice to be able to have a pass for later in the day.[/QUOTE]

…yes…this is just a Beta testing time…I am waiting to see how it all goes once everyone and their brother is reserving FP times…

…We don’t know what park we are going to…never make ADRs…not before I get there…mostly decide the night before…crowd levels change …we go to the parks without the EMHs and sometimes switch off mid day…you can’t reserve FPs months ahead and tour that way…it won’t work for us…we may have to plan on a FP months ahead just to get on a ride we like with this new system…it’s forcing us to change…