Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party

Has anyone done this recently?

Can you simply get a spot the day of the event by walking up to City Hall and paying for it?

Any input would be appreciated.

I’d hate to say yes or no with any certainty.
My experience has been that many nights that I’ve been in MK, space has been available as little as 2 hours before.
I’ve considered doing it, but $50 for two people so close to a scheduled dinner (either before or after) for a bunch of desserts doesn’t make much sense to me. Especially because I’ve got tape of fireworks from that very location and I didn’t have to pay a premium for the privilege.
But that’s just me.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1042581]I’d hate to say yes or no with any certainty.
My experience has been that many nights that I’ve been in MK, space has been available as little as 2 hours before.
I’ve considered doing it, but $50 for two people so close to a scheduled dinner (either before or after) for a bunch of desserts doesn’t make much sense to me. Especially because I’ve got tape of fireworks from that very location and I didn’t have to pay a premium for the privilege.
But that’s just me.[/QUOTE]

I too have always been “iffy” on this event.

For one, it will likely still be hot out so huddling with a gang of people over some desserts does not sound so appealing.

Two, it seems to me that it would be a tough spot to enjoy the parade from which is less than a plus.

[QUOTE=skwak;1042588]I too have always been “iffy” on this event.

For one, it will likely still be hot out so huddling with a gang of people over some desserts does not sound so appealing.

Two, it seems to me that it would be a tough spot to enjoy the parade from which is less than a plus.[/QUOTE]

We didn’t enjoy the parade at all. We could see the top half of each float from a distance and that’s about it. I think we had an off night because they ran out of about every dessert and didn’t refill. There were several things I didn’t get to try because they were not restocked after the initial first pass through. I guess I’m glad we did it so we know we aren’t missing anything by skipping it.

You want parade viewing with a seat?
Cosmic Ray’s! There’s less foliage in the way, it’s a little more elevated, and it’s free.
There are one or two outside patios andI have watched parades from there while eating.
The spot I’ve been catching parades from lately is the main spoke from the hub into Tomorrowland. We’ve literally walked up a few minutes before the parade passes by and have gotten fairly close to the curb.

good parade spot = stockade in Libertyland. You have twice the opportunity to get good pics…once coming at you and the other as it passes. Plus it’s elevated too so you’ll be able to see over any 6+ footers that jump up to the front line:happy: