Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion

So, does anyone know where the new viewing areas and walkways will be!:mickey:

There really aren’t any new viewing areas, and not much change to any walkways that we noticed…I don’t think there is a whole lot of difference…

The new walkways and viewing areas are largely where the water was that separates the Hub from Main Street.
Basically, right now and for much of the last year, there have been construction walls up blocking much of this former green space from view. I was told that this is being done in order to take the pressure off of the existing viewing walkways. Sadly, until the walls come down, there are fewer viewing areas because of all of the obstruction. Plus, during parades and fireworks, they are not allowing guests to stand on the bridge between Main St and the Hub in order to keep foot traffic moving.

Standing on the porch in front of Crystal Palace or at the entrance to the Castle’s breezeway, as well as from the bridges between Tomorrowland and the Hub and from parts of Cosmic Ray’s you can get a glimpse of how many new walkways they’re putting in. What they are doing is pretty similar to what they did in California Adventure to create viewing areas around the lake when they put in World of Color.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094284]The new walkways and viewing areas are largely where the water was that separates the Hub from Main Street.
Basically, right now and for much of the last year, there have been construction walls up blocking much of this former green space from view. I was told that this is being done in order to take the pressure off of the existing viewing walkways. Sadly, until the walls come down, there are fewer viewing areas because of all of the obstruction. Plus, during parades and fireworks, they are not allowing guests to stand on the bridge between Main St and the Hub in order to keep foot traffic moving.

Standing on the porch in front of Crystal Palace or at the entrance to the Castle’s breezeway, as well as from the bridges between Tomorrowland and the Hub and from parts of Cosmic Ray’s you can get a glimpse of how many new walkways they’re putting in. What they are doing is pretty similar to what they did in California Adventure to create viewing areas around the lake when they put in World of Color.[/QUOTE]

The drawings I have seen, haven’t given me that impression…just looks like nice landscaping to me…but I’ll wait for a critique until it’s all done…

I know what I saw with my own eyes last month and what I saw was new walkway/standing areas, new lights, new speakers, and even a second bridge to the Hub.
Check out these pictures:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094291]I know what I saw with my own eyes last month and what I saw was new walkway/standing areas, new lights, new speakers, and even a second bridge to the Hub.
Check out these pictures:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/12/magic-kingdom-hub-update-new-speakers.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link…I haven’t seen those…but it’s hard for me to tell anything from the construction…

This is what I was going by…http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/main-street-usa/gallery/25feb2014-magic-kingdom-hub-modification-plans/20414.htm

and I don’t see how an outer ring will help “view” the parades or fireworks…walking during other times yes…and maybe if trees are coming down but as for viewing…I still don’t see how the new hub will help that. I sit on the curb two hours ahead of time for a good spot so it realky doesn’t matter to me anyway…just hard to picture…

As I said…I may love or may not…but it’s not up to me anyway! Lol

…hope that link works…

I don’t think parade viewing will be enhanced, but putting in even two more pathways where people can stand in the former green space will ease congestion during fireworks. Plus there is going to be one more bridge into the hub, perhaps two and all of that will work to ease congestion on the Main Street Bridge. Remember when they started opening up that little backstage route between Town Square and the Plaza Restaurant? Even that little bypass helps to get extra bodies off Main Street and allows quicker access to Tomorrowland without having to fight through a wall of people on the sidewalks of Main Street.

Yes…I guess you are right…the walkways will be improved…we always take that walkway down through the old Noodle restaurant…and use that restroom there as well…it’s never busy through there.

I sure wish they would reopen that eating venue there with something…

The Tomorrowland Terrace is still used. It’s just that for as long as I can remember now, it’s been open seasonally. I think mostly in the summer.

…The “Noodle” restaurant is open sometimes? I didn’t know that…it’s always closed when we are there in August so perhaps it’s only open at the height of the summer? Interesting…and I don’t know why they can’t keep it open when crowds are predicted to be high…it would give an extra location for food…but…I’m not in charge. Do you remember what it was called the last time it was open all the time? I can’t remember…(before it was Noodles…)

I don’t remember the name before “Noodle Terrace”.
I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, on somebody’s “Gone Disney World” site.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094303]I don’t remember the name before “Noodle Terrace”.
I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, on somebody’s “Gone Disney World” site.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been doing some google research…and the only info on that restaurant that I can find, is that it appears that it has always been called the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. The menu has changed—but I can’t find anything that tells me any other name used there…

Lois