Magic Kingdom Oct 4 2008

I got a call from WDW yesterday that our ADR for Tony’s Town Square was being cancelled on Sat, Oct 4 (the first night of our trip) because the Magic Kingdom was closing early that day. :sad:

Just a heads-up for anyone else making plans for that date.

Did they say why the MK is closing early? Is it only MK that is closing early that day?

[QUOTE=b1wife;866141]I got a call from WDW yesterday that our ADR for Tony’s Town Square was being cancelled on Sat, Oct 4 (the first night of our trip) because the Magic Kingdom was closing early that day. :sad:

Just a heads-up for anyone else making plans for that date.[/QUOTE]

wow, that’s too bad. Did they offer you anything else, as I’ll bet it will be hard to get reservations now. It still shows 9 pm on the calendar.

I wonder why??? How un-cool. Did you reschedule anywhere else?

i read on another post (site) that Miley Cyrus is having a sweet 16 birthday that day and that the park is closing early. Now, that could be an ugly rumor, but there definitely is an early closing that day. There is a lot of debate that they are filming a sweet 16 party for her, but who really knows… There could be someone else that has rented out the entire magic Kingdom for the night… Can you imagine…

He offered to make other reservations for us at that time, but I was right in the middle of teaching a scrapbooking class and had a table full of 6 ladies who wanted to get into their stamping! I told him I’d just have to call back later.

But, it was odd, because he just said at first there wouldn’t be anything else available at the MK that night, and I pushed it, asking if there were just no table service options or would there be any counter service options, and only then did he say the entire park was closing early that night.

Didn’t I just read in another thread that they’re “making room” for that one little girl…Hannah Montana (whatever her real name is :blush: )
Yup, I believe that’s right.

oops, I am late as usual :blush:

I’m sorry but I think it’s kind of sad that they will inconvenience a lot of people who have saved their money and made their plans all for one person; I don’t care who it is.

I hope that you are able to find alternate reservations somewhere.

[QUOTE=Monique;866216]I’m sorry but I think it’s kind of sad that they will inconvenience a lot of people who have saved their money and made their plans all for one person; I don’t care who it is.

I hope that you are able to find alternate reservations somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I wish that one person was me but its not.I think not only due you have to make a new ADR but you now have to change your whole evening of plans.GOOD LUCK!

[QUOTE=Monique;866216]I’m sorry but I think it’s kind of sad that they will inconvenience a lot of people who have saved their money and made their plans all for one person; I don’t care who it is.

I agree, I have always thought that this isn’t fair to the people who made plans to be there that day, spent their hard earned money. What disappointment. Not very nice at all.

I agree with this. If she wanted a special party, start it after the park is closed. Plans should have been made before others made their plans. NOT FAIR. This should be let known to the public more - not that DW would care obviously:angry:

I agree with PP, why not have the party AFTER the park has closed for the night? I don’t know about anyone else but I have a teenage daughter and she has no problem staying up late at night…LOL…Too bad they put the desires of one person over the masses so to speak. But then I’m not a huge Miley Cyrus fan to begin with, just not what I think to be a great role model after listening to her the past little while.

I have to agree. I don’t think it’s fair to change the schedule of the park to suit one person. Didn’t they just cancel the MNSSHP on the 3rd too? This event is something that sould have been preplanned for and put into the park hours when they were released. At least that way people could have planned to do something else that night instead of having to redo their plans to suit her party.

Isn’t that about the time they hold their major press event? I know it’s usually in the beginning of October. They always close down Mk for a night or two.

I agree with poular sentiment here, totally unfair to cancel a night based on one person.

Gee, where is my invite? Can you imagine having a private party at MK just for your friends and family??? I can’t even imagine the cost.

probably nothing. probably disney sponsored!

Well, I know this is not going to be a popular response, but I have to disagree with all of you who say it isn’t right for Disney to close the MK for one evening for Miley. She’s made Disney a TON of money, and, although I’d be disappointed if I had to change my plans, it’s perfectly understandable to me.:closedeye

Sorry, but, it’s the people who spend the money that make them the money. Companies and celebrities who treat their customers and fans poorly make no money.

They could have had the decency to post it at 180 days before hand like everyone who had to make their plans for this weekend tried to do.