Magical Bus from Airport to POP Resort

This is our first trip to WDW and we are flying in from Canada on Westjet. Does the Magic Bus pick up our luggage from them at the airport or do we have to take our luggage to the bus? We arrive July 22nd and leave on the 29th. We are really looking forward to the trip.

Welcome to MB!
This should answer your question. Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Welcome to MB! Disney will get your luggage and take to the resort.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Just make sure you put the luggage tags that indicates the Magic Express.
Disney sends then to you on your bags.
They are sorted as they come off the plane, and Disney brings them in a truck to the hotels.
If you are on connecting flights, I would ask your travel agent when the tags should get put on the bags.
As the airlines may take them off, then the might be a problem?

We had our bags rather quickly once we got all checked in at POP.

When you arrive at Orlando Airport, once you leave the plane you take a shuttle to the main terminal.
Once in the main terminal look for a Cast Member with a “large Mickey Mouse Glove” and they will direct you to the Magical Express check in area.
They will put on a bus that brings you to the hotel.

We clear US customs in Toronto before we even hit the gate.
Makes arrival even quicker.

If you have a later return flight, there is a secure area that your bags will be held in, you can go for one last swim, and not worry about your bags.
On the return trip your bags come back with you on the bus. And you have to check them in like normal.

Enjoy and have a great trip!

Thanks CDN Mickey

If we are getting to the resort after 3pm, we grab our bags off the plane and take them with us to the bus. If we need a change of clothes, we grab our bags. If we are getting in late, we grab our bags. I do not want someone knocking on my door a few hours later while I am trying to sleep.

Also, if your flight lands after 10:00 p.m. you have to get your own luggage. We had to do that but it wasn’t a big deal because there weren’t a bazillion people movin’ about the airport.

I called ME and was told that Westjet Vacations hadn’t sent all the proper info to them. I now have to call Westjet back. Upsets me when I paid over
$5000 for the trip.

Make sure you take what you need. Though they can be quick to deliver…WDW resorts will say it can take 4-6 hours after you arrive for your luggage to be delivered. So pack bathing suits, mickey ears, kid stuff etc for the 1st day on your carry on!
Best of luck…and welcome aboard!

[QUOTE=Grumpy_Medic;955270]Make sure you take what you need. Though they can be quick to deliver…WDW resorts will say it can take 4-6 hours after you arrive for your luggage to be delivered. So pack bathing suits, mickey ears, kid stuff etc for the 1st day on your carry on!
Best of luck…and welcome aboard![/QUOTE]

Sorry to threadjack, but

‘There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can’t.’

made me laugh!!

Personal opinion…grab your bags. I just like knowing you got 'em and that the airline/ME didn’t loose them. (That means NOT using the ME tags.)

Don’t forget to tip the driver a couple of bucks.

Sorry to revive an old thread. We are travelling from Canada on WestJet and staying at Pop in December too! Though if it makes any difference we are British living in Canada as Permanent Residents.

I’ve just read the FAQs on Disney’s official site regarding this FAQ | Complimentary Airport Service | Walt Disney World Resort and it says international guest (which would include us) need to pick up there luggage and then give it to the Cast Member at the Disney Welcome Centre. I really don’t want to wait all night for my luggage (I get paraniod about stuff like that, and won’t be able to relax until I have it). Disney’s site says nothing about being able to keep you’re baggage and asking the ME driver to store it under the bus and collect it immediately when get to the resort - Can I still do that? I’m assuming Disney don’t mention it because it’s better for them to transport it the same way as the rest, but could be wrong.

[QUOTE=IckleHelen;992755]Sorry to revive an old thread. We are travelling from Canada on WestJet and staying at Pop in December too! Though if it makes any difference we are British living in Canada as Permanent Residents.

I’ve just read the FAQs on Disney’s official site regarding this FAQ | Complimentary Airport Service | Walt Disney World Resort and it says international guest (which would include us) need to pick up there luggage and then give it to the Cast Member at the Disney Welcome Centre. I really don’t want to wait all night for my luggage (I get paraniod about stuff like that, and won’t be able to relax until I have it). Disney’s site says nothing about being able to keep you’re baggage and asking the ME driver to store it under the bus and collect it immediately when get to the resort - Can I still do that? I’m assuming Disney don’t mention it because it’s better for them to transport it the same way as the rest, but could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

ATTENTION CANADIAN TRAVELLERS***

As an international flight, toss out the ME luggage tags…you won’t need them.
Once you land at Orlando International, you are required to pick up your bags and head towards customs/security. On your way there, the airport security will take your bags from you and send them through another security check. You continue through customs youself without your bags, then through a security check, then you head out to pick up your luggage at baggage claim.

At that point you head down to the Magical Express counter where you will be directed to your appropriate bus. The Magical Express driver will store your luggage under the bus and unload it when you are dropped off at your resort. Bell services will deliver you and your luggage together to your room.

There is a lot of confusion towards Canadian/International flyers and the ME system. Even when I had called prior to our trip this Spring I was receiving different answers from different CM’s.

We flew WestJet this spring direct to Orlando, it was by far the best airline we have ever flown. Have a great trip!!

Presumably I’m fine to carry my own luggage to the room? I remember doing that last time we went (5 years ago). We are staying in POP so it’s not like it’s one of the deluxes.

Our flight is direct from Calgary. We’ve never flown with WestJet so this is good to know.

Thanks
Helen

[QUOTE=IckleHelen;992861]Presumably I’m fine to carry my own luggage to the room? I remember doing that last time we went (5 years ago). We are staying in POP so it’s not like it’s one of the deluxes.

Our flight is direct from Calgary. We’ve never flown with WestJet so this is good to know.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you prefer to carry your own luggage to your room you certainly can. (Sometimes I forget that not everyone requires as much luggage as us - 7people, 6 xlarge bags, 5 carry-ons, 3 kids, 2 strollers and one exhausted me!)

We’ve always heard great responses from West Jet travellers. Our neighbour is a pilot for them, and when we used them for the first time this spring we had the best flight that we have ever had to Orlando.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;992862]Yes, if you prefer to carry your own luggage to your room you certainly can. (Sometimes I forget that not everyone requires as much luggage as us - 7people, 6 xlarge bags, 5 carry-ons, 3 kids, 2 strollers and one exhausted me!)

We’ve always heard great responses from West Jet travellers. Our neighbour is a pilot for them, and when we used them for the first time this spring we had the best flight that we have ever had to Orlando.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. We won’t have that much, there is only two of us (me and DH). Though this is probably the first time in about 8 years that we’ve been somewhere for 2 weeks without a Washing Machine, so we are going to need a lot of clothes. Usually we don’t go places for that long, or like last time we were in WDW we stayed in a Villa for part of the trip so could do laundry then.

I have never seen this. Wish I would have cause the last time I arrived at the airport, went to the opposite side (A or B, can’t remember) of where Magic Express was, and got totally lost! Not as easy going from one side of airport to the other, as you can only cross over on a certain floor, but didn’t know that until hitting all floors!