Magical Express Just on Return?

Here’s the deal:

When DD and I go to WDW this May, we’ll be driving my in-laws back to their home near Orlando (they’re coming to STL for DD’s college graduation). After a couple days at their house, they’re driving us to WDW. We’ll fly back home when our seven days at WDW are over…

Do you think there will be any problem using Magical Express just for our trip [U]TO[/U] the airport, since we won’t be using it when we get there? We’ve used Magical Express a few times, so we’re familiar with it, but this little quirk made me wonder if anyone thinks it would be a problem.

It shouldn’t be an issue to use it one way. We’ve booked it one way through CRO when we’ve changed resorts and booked the other half through Member Services (DVC).

We used it for a one-way trip in December and it was no problem.

On the request form online it asks you if you want to book for service to the resort and then it asks if you want to book it for service to the airport. So i don’t think it will be an issue.

No problem what so ever. I’ve done it for guest several times.

Hi everyone

Planning next trip to WDW in May and was wondering if it was a normal practice for the Magical Express driver to solicit gratuities? He was really crying the blues on our last trip there 2 years ago.

They actually ask you at check in for ME if you need the service on the way back, so I know it won’t be a big deal.

[QUOTE=49yroldkid;939217]Hi everyone

Planning next trip to WDW in May and was wondering if it was a normal practice for the Magical Express driver to solicit gratuities? He was really crying the blues on our last trip there 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]
It happens. It shouldn’t. I wouldn’t.

I’m a good tipper. I felt very badly for several drivers I observed a few weeks ago (not only my drivers, but I saw some at the airport as well as in front of my resort). It was obvious how hard they worked, scrambling on their hands and knees inside the belly of the bus grabbing bags for people, and so on, and then to see the guests just take their luggage and turn their backs on the drivers and walk away. I actually saw one driver just stare at the back of a man’s head in disbelief.

So I can imagine how frustrated some of them are … but I also know how tacky and unwelcome it is to actively solicit tips.

Disney allows the small sign on the inside of the bus.

A driver I had a few years ago did something really slick. As we pulled in to the resort, he told everyone they needed to stay seated inside the bus while he got out all the luggage, and then he would let us out. After he opened the door, he stood by the door and greeted eacg guest as they exited. It was very noticable that he was holding paper money in the hand closest to the guests, a pointer that others have tipped him and thus they should tip him, to (if he handled their bags). I didn’t have a problem with that sort of request for tips, since it was non-verbal and subtle.