Magical Express on International Arrivals

Okay, I’m looking for all you international visitors. When flying international, you have to claim your bags and then go through customs. My question is, what do we do with our bags after that? Do we take them with us to the Magical Express counter? And, when do you put your yellow bag tags on the luggage, before your flight or after customs?

This is the first time since Magical Express that we have flown directly from Canada, ususally we cross the boarder and fly out of Detroit.

You claim your own bags and take them to the ME counter. You will take them on the bus with you to the resort. The driver will store them under the bus. Do not stick the yellow tags on them.

Okay, thanks. That is what I thought, although I read somewhere that once you pass through customs there is an area where they will take your bags and deliver them directly to your resort.

:ohmy:[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;945868]Okay, thanks. That is what I thought, although I read somewhere that once you pass through customs there is an area where they will take your bags and deliver them directly to your resort.[/QUOTE]

What you read is 100% correct. There is a “bag drop,” a conveyor on which you can place your bags to put them back into the system, and if they have the yellow DME tags, DME will get them at that point.

I’m a HUGE fan of DME, especially the luggage service. I just can’t understand why some people don’t like that part of DME or are untrusting of it or something.

HOWEVER …

If I have to get my own bags to clear Customs, then at that point I’m sure I’d choose to just keep them with me. To me, the whole advantage of the DME luggage service is the time savings in not needing to go to baggage claim. But if you have to have your hands on your own bags anyway, then you might as well just hang onto them, in my opinion.

Let me put it to you another way.

If, as a domestic flyer, I had to go to baggage claim and had to wait to claim my bags, and then had the choice of dropping the bags with DME (and waiting a few hours until they’re delivered) versus just keeping them with me, I’d keep them with me at that point.

You have the choice to hold onto your bags or let DME have them.

But as I said, as it is I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DME luggage service. For domestic flyers like me, it’s a very convenient (and very neat!) time-saver.