Magical Express

Okay, so i leave 2 weeks from today and we have not received our Magical Express info yet. At what point should i call them? I guess i need to call just to make sure they really have us down for the service, i don’t care really if i have to get my luggage at the airport if i don’t have the ME Tags.

It seems that scheduling ME service as a DVC member is hit or miss on whether we get the tags.

Last April we had two room reservations under our DVC and our ME tags showed up 3 days before we left but the other rooms ME tags showed up like 5 weeks before we left.

And then in September i received the tags in plenty of time for my trip, but that time i didn’t need the tags because we were carrying on only and not checking luggage.

So should i go ahead and call?

It doesn’t hurt to go ahead and call. We usually get our ME tags well in advance of our reservation info and luggage tags. However, worst case scenerio, you can claim your bags at the airport and walk up to the ME counter and show them your reservation. One time they left my son off our reservation and they told me that you don’t need the ME package, just show up with your reservations. It took a little longer at the counter but it worked out fine.

I would call. We have always had our DME information and tags at least four weeks in advance. I do understand that they have become a little slower with a lot of communications (like confirmation letters, DME info, etc.) If you call, they should send them out immediately and you will have them in plenty of time.

My friend is using my DVC points and has ME scheduled. She is leaving in 2 weeks and hasn’t received anything yet! A Travel Agent friend gave me the following info:

Thanks Kim. I am going to call and make sure they received my reservation and i will proceed from there.

CALL CALL CALL!!! It took me 2 calls to member services and 4 calls directly to ME before I finally got my tags!! (a week ago!!!)

I called and they said it went to the printer last night.

I think this is because i re-registered earlier this week since i hadn’t received anything.

I read the attachment and, in all honesty, that would not be acceptable to me. The biggest luxury of DME to me is not having to pick up my own luggage at baggage claims.
Being able to just leave the plane and head straight for the bus is the lure of ME. While I have always had my tags and vouchers well in advance, I know now to call at 30 days out and start nagging them.

[QUOTE=M5ward;956596]I read the attachment and, in all honesty, that would not be acceptable to me. The biggest luxury of DME to me is not having to pick up my own luggage at baggage claims.
Being able to just leave the plane and head straight for the bus is the lure of ME. While I have always had my tags and vouchers well in advance, I know now to call at 30 days out and start nagging them.[/QUOTE]

It also says in that attachment that if you don’t want to claim your bags you can give ME all your luggage tag numbers (they usually attach them to your ticket jacket at checkin) and ME will collect your bags and deliver to your resort.

We finally received our ME package today…

nothing like cutting it close, huh? Glad you got them…are they different this year??? I love getting my luggage tags; and love that they send them regardless of ME or not!

well since i am a DVC member we don’t get the luggage tags :sad:

The ME stuff is still the same.

[QUOTE=bransworld;957066]well since i am a DVC member we don’t get the luggage tags :sad:

The ME stuff is still the same.[/QUOTE]

Sure you get the tags. I’m DVC as well, and we always get the tags; we’re talking about the yellow tags you put on your luggage so that the Disney people know which bags to pull.
Have I missed something here?

[QUOTE=M5ward;957079]Sure you get the tags. I’m DVC as well, and we always get the tags; we’re talking about the yellow tags you put on your luggage so that the Disney people know which bags to pull.
Have I missed something here?[/QUOTE]

Before i was a DVC member i got some luggage tags, you know ID tags for the luggage, you filled them out they were Disney Themed. I thought that was what they were referring to. Because they said that they like getting the luggage tags even if you don’t use ME. Well you wouldn’t get the yellow ME tags if you weren’t using ME, right?

When my kids booked a package with disney they got disney luggage tags. The type you fill in and leave on your luggage forever. But whenever we or they travel using ME, the get the yellow ME sticky tags that just stay on for the trip down. (or back)

At the risk of thread-jacking, how reliable has ME been lately?

IF we go in October, we won’t be checking bags. Typically, we use Quicksilver to get from and to the airport, but if ME is reliable… Just something to consider.

We’ll be staying in CBR, so what kind of wait would we expect?

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;957173]At the risk of thread-jacking, how reliable has ME been lately?

IF we go in October, we won’t be checking bags. Typically, we use Quicksilver to get from and to the airport, but if ME is reliable… Just something to consider.

We’ll be staying in CBR, so what kind of wait would we expect?[/QUOTE]

Hey there stranger… Long time

It is a free ride. We always grab our bags so that we don’t have to wait several hours to get them at the resort. Since you won’t have bags it should be a snap. From the time you land to the time you check in at CBR it will be about an hour. The trip back you will have to leave the resort a little earlier than you would if you did QS. Also, there is no stop at the grocery with ME. Somthing else to consider.

All in all not bad for a free service, but you do get what you pay for.

:mickey: That’s pretty much what I expected.

Yeah, I’ve been a stranger. We’ve had a few non-Disney trips lately and then a layoff. But, I’m optimistic for the week. It’s always good to check beck here. :smile: