Magical Gathering Safari cancelled

Just received a call from the Magical gatherings group to let me know that our already paid for Magical Gathering private safari tour with dinner at the Tusker House has to be changed. They offered the option to switch nights, but we have something planned each night based on the park, or we could select another Magical Gathering event. Any suggestions? What fun thing would you recommend. Group is 8 people - ages 4, 9, 2 - 30somethings, 2 - 40 somethings, 2 - 70 somethings - reason for visit parents 50th wedding anniversary - 1st time visit for 2 kids and 1 adult.

Also if we cancel this and just take the group safari at Animal Kingdom, we would do a dinner somewhere else. We are going to be eating at Castle, Liberty Tavern, 50’s Cafe, Ohana’s, Hollywood & Vine (with Fanstasmic). Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Has anyone done a private boat tour to watch Epcot’s Illuminations? thoughts?

Why not take your group to the hoop de doo review show instead. It is wonderful fun for all ages. I can guarantee that the 70 somethings will enjoy it as much as the kids. You get all you can eat fried chicken and ribs, homemade bread, salad, corn and baked beans. Strawberry shortcake for dessert and all beverages included(including wine and beer) They even let anniversary couples dance to a special dance and will introduce them to the audience! The show is funny, full of song and dance and corny jokes. There is good audience participation. This is a must do for us on every trip! Try it, you’ll love it!!

Sorry your safari got cancelled…that stinks. It sounds like so much fun. I don’t have any suggestions for another event though…never did the magical gathering.

Because I always like to “know the rest of the story”, I thought I’d let you know that we spoke with WDW and we were able to book this adventure for Sunday evening. The CM we spoke with did this adventure for her daughter’s 9th birthday party with 6 girls and was deemed the coolest mom ever! How’s that for a great review.

We then were able to rearrange the rest of our week, so we are doing everything we wanted just on different days. I’m really grateful that Disney notified us early so we had options and did not have us arrive to let us know there was a change.

Is there such a thing as a 50 day countdown - i’m ready for this trip!

Thanks for letting us know how this came out! We’ll be expecting a great trip report.