MagicBand - handcuff or free?

Hi everyone,

quick small question from a MagicBand newbie…

Can it be easily removed anytime? :angel:
or
are we stuck with it like at a tropical resorts with those non removable color bracelet? :frostyang

Easily removed- it snaps on and off. Also, its adjustable, and I used it when it was summertime and hot. I could easily remove it if I got sweaty- but it never bothered me… No worries- and I wore my child’s too.

I got so used to mine last summer I actually missed it when I got home!!! It was not a problem wearing it at all…and it does snap on and off if you do decide to take it off… I only took mine off to change the cover in it while I was there…and it was 98 degrees when we were there!!! :slight_smile:

This is very informative; our magic bands arrived today.

I think they are uncomfortable. Not horrible, but they are not flat behind the mickey sensor. I wear mine loose as a result.

My other complaint about them is they send them out like candy. I REALLY don’t need a dozen of these things floating around when they are tied to my credit card, APs etc. Disney IT really needs to have a check box to opt out of more bands. They are spending a fortune shipping them too.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1919094343]I think they are uncomfortable. Not horrible, but they are not flat behind the mickey sensor. I wear mine loose as a result.

My other complaint about them is they send them out like candy. I REALLY don’t need a dozen of these things floating around when they are tied to my credit card, APs etc. Disney IT really needs to have a check box to opt out of more bands. They are spending a fortune shipping them too.[/QUOTE]

I don’t tie mine to my credit card…but…you could wait to add your CC after they arrive…that way at least the cc info isn’t out there… :blush:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1919094343]I think they are uncomfortable.

My other complaint about them is they send them out like candy. Disney IT really needs to have a check box to opt out of more bands. They are spending a fortune shipping them too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the first time, cool box, great packaging, sixth time…no big thrill.

A few weeks ago I got the mickey flash drive for a trip 10 months away. Cool box and a booklet with details of trip. A few days later I got just the info booklet for the second part of the trip, no flash drive. So it seems like they are doing something right.

When we were there in December, it was ok. I noticed a lot of people not wearing them on their wrists, but instead attaching to a belt loop, chain, etc.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919094349]Yes, the first time, cool box, great packaging, sixth time…no big thrill.

A few weeks ago I got the mickey flash drive for a trip 10 months away. Cool box and a booklet with details of trip. A few days later I got just the info booklet for the second part of the trip, no flash drive. So it seems like they are doing something right.[/QUOTE]

I’ve read the flash drives are hit or miss. We have two different reservations and haven’t gotten one.

You don’t even have to wear the Magic Band if you don’t want to. The ticket card works just the same to allow you into the park and in FP+ lines. You can even leave it in your wallet and just tap your wallet to the sensor, and it will work.

I agree about the waste of excess magic bands! I’m kind of a stickler about unnecessary waste, so I cringe every time they have another box of bands waiting for us at check-in. We’ve still got the first ones we received and we just keep linking our new tickets to them. I asked at check-in on our last trip about how to let Disney know we don’t need more bands, but the CM didn’t seem to know. If anyone finds out how to tell Disney we’re good and we don’t need more, please share! :slight_smile:

…the life of the battery in the MB is about a year…so I guess Disney feels that each set sent gets you that much longer…too bad they can’t come up with a replaceable battery MB…