MagicBands - offi site

Does anyone know the estimated date of release of magicbands by those staying off site? We are planning an October 2014 trip and may stay off property. . .just wondering if we will have access to magicbands and fastpass+ planning? Thanks!

I’m not sure if off site guests will ever get magicbands. I’m under the impression, on-site and annual passholders. I could be wrong, but that’s what I believe right now. Anyone else have more info?

I have NO IDEA if this is a VALID website, but it’s not the only one where I read that there are no plans to roll out the new system to non-resort guests at this time…

No My Disney Experience nor magic bands in the works as of right now…you can get FP+ at the kiosk as you enter the park each day…

Since my daughter will be taking her choral groups every 4 years or so, this interests me—since they tend to stay offsite in less expensive hotels due to cost. However, from the other side of the coin, as a Disney Guest who stays onsite, I can appreciate Disney keeping this as an onsite benefit.

just got back, and while i don’t know the answer to the original question, i do know you don’t want to deal with the kiosk. had to one time at DHS and it was not something i would do again. ended up in that ordeal longer than it would have taken me to just jump into the standby line rather than fix the fast pass problem. i felt sorry for all those teens waiting in that line for fast pass, right next to the rides they wanted to get on. i figured the reason the line was so long was because of offsite guests looking to get fastpass.

I kept saying the same thing to myself. It looked like half the kiosk lines were longer than the standby lines. Of course, the ones at the front of the parks seemed busier. Hopefully after getting familiar with things, people will know that they are spread out all over the parks, and will go to a less busy one.

They have a kiosk in the line at Haunted Mansion. I didn’t notice them in any other lines. I thought that was very interesting. But yeah, the kiosks further into the parks were not busy at all last week.

Offsite guest will not be receiving magic bands, but have no fear your hard card ticket can be used at the fast pass+ kiosks. You can set up you 3 fast pass items there and just put your card up to the sensors at the fast pass line

Yep, it’s onsite and AP holders that will have the Magic Bands.

I’ve used them twice and frankly, I’m not all that impressed with the MBs. They are one size fits all and plastic. Not all that comfortable IMHO.

Only thing that drives me a little nuts with them is that I’m constantly looking at my MB to see what time it is! My mind thinks I’m wearing a watch. Maybe in the future they can add that as an accessory, slipping on a watch segment to it.

I wear a fitbit tracker on my right wrist and a watch on my left…where am I going to put the MB??? lol

On the plus side, the fitbit tracker is neoprene, soft and loose on my arm—and I don’t know that it’s even there. I am hoping that the MB will feel the same way. I may just have to go without a watch at all while there!!! I definitely want to see how many steps I take daily while at WDW… :slight_smile:

I have always worn my watch on my left wrist.
I wear my magic band on my right wrist.
I never look at my magic band to see what time it is.

I will say that it is a big pain having the band on your right wrist when you drive in to your resort and need to either contort yourself or take off the band to open the gate. That’s the drawback to putting your room key on your magic band and not giving you an actual key.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1141444]I have always worn my watch on my left wrist.
I wear my magic band on my right wrist.
I never look at my magic band to see what time it is.

I will say that it is a big pain having the band on your right wrist when you drive in to your resort and need to either contort yourself or take off the band to open the gate. That’s the drawback to putting your room key on your magic band and not giving you an actual key.[/QUOTE]

…I had forgotten about that part—we don’t have a car there but…I have heard that opening the resort door can take a bit of getting used to… I too would prefer the card key for that but…it is what it is…I think they will still give you a card key if you ask them…

Yes- I had a similar thought because I have the same problem with thinking I must have a watch on! I was thinking that with an upcharge they could offer the MB with a watch built in.

It is a little contorting holding your wrist up to the reader plate on the room door too.
I preferred the short lived RFID room keys over the bands. I guess after a period of time has passed, we’ll be used to the bands.

Just read on another board that they are now making available fastpass+ for off site guests, being able to reserve them 30 days out instead of 60, and can purchase a magicband if they want to. Not sure how true, but it says effective at the end of the month.

i cant wait to work with a MB. my last trip 2 yrs ago they werent available, but i am not a fan of 3 fast passes ahead of time…if i have 3 fp for MK and decide to go to epcot that is 3 fp wasted and i heard i could stand in line that day at at epcot kiosk to get e epcot fp IF AVAILABLE…and i have lucked out in the past with the old system and have done more than 3 fast passes in one day…so i think this is going to slow down my days