MAJOR changes coming to the Electrical Parade!

Disney’s Electrical Parade will undergo some changes when it returns later this year at California Adventure. For instance:

– The Blue Fairy will be replaced by an entirely new unit with Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow friends (which has been mentioned earlier).

– Dumbo will be no more, as [B][I][U]ALL[/U][/I][/B] units will be dropped from the parade.

– A brand new Snow White float, with Snow White and her Dwarfs (who currently are walk-arounds).

– Last but not least, the classic theme music, [I]Baroque Hoedown[/I], will be replaced by variation of the theme song from Tokyo Disneyland’s Dreamlights. Here is a YouTube link, in case you’re not familiar with this music: YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Pt. 1 of 5

More about these changes to the Electrical Parade can be found at this link:

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Electrifiying Changes…

I read about this in the last cast member news letter, sounded pretty interesting, its time they changed the parade a bit, I however will miss the Blue Fairy unit from the parade.

Sounds great. Can’t wait to see it!

Wow interesting news. I noticed a slight change to the parage in WDW. The masks the guards used to wear are gone; you can see their painted faces now. :sad: I used to really love those masks.

This is horrifying. I love the music and the Dwarves walking. Different music is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

The only thing I wanted was for it to be what it is in my heart- The MAIN STREET Electrical Parade!

BOOOO! I loved those masks too! Now I’m upset. :crying:

UGGGG!!! Disney needs to stop changing my favorite things!

ELP is definitely the best parade Disney has ever produced (errr… IMO). It’s classic. You don’t mess with the classics (okay, refurb and slight improvements are good, but there is no need to add those little fairy friends - who knows how long they’ll be popular? They do not belong in a classic parade!).

And WTH??? Baroque Hoedown is the best! My all-time favorite parade music!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I am greatly upset.

I’m not against innovation or anything… just innovate the boring stuff. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :angry:

[QUOTE=Andrea;931988]This is horrifying. I love the music and the Dwarves walking. Different music is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

The only thing I wanted was for it to be what it is in my heart- The MAIN STREET Electrical Parade![/QUOTE]

We are in complete agreement once again! What the heck?!!:angry:
The music is a big part of what makes it the Electrical Parade!!! ARRRGGH!!!

Replacing the Blue Fairy with Tink and her friends…really? REALLY???:angry:

Okay, I’m listening to the Tokyo version, and it’s not that different from the original version.

But I’m still mad about the Blue Fairy. She had the CUTEST boys holding her train. :wub:

I will miss them. :crying:

I want to go to Disneyland right now.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;932117]Okay, I’m listening to the Tokyo version, and it’s not that different from the original version.

But I’m still mad about the Blue Fairy. She had the CUTEST boys holding her train. :wub:

I will miss them. :crying:

I want to go to Disneyland right now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm…you are right about the music…it’s not exactly the same, but very similar. I did notice that they have a HUGE Cheshire cat the Doughnut would love!:cheshire:

I’m still not happy about loosing the Blue Fairy though…and I’m a Tink fan!:glare:

The music and the Blue Fairy are probably the only things in the entire ELP that should NEVER, EVER BE CHANGED!!! :fork_off:

I’m not happy about these changes at all.

[QUOTE=Andrea;931988]This is horrifying. I love the music and the Dwarves walking. Different music is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

The only thing I wanted was for it to be what it is in my heart- The MAIN STREET Electrical Parade![/QUOTE]

Dont worry too much, although the music we know to the parade is great the new music being transfered from Tokyos “Dream Lights” is amazingly well done, Ive seen the show and its very well done as are most things over in the Tokyo Parks. I think a new take on this parade will be great for DCA and will be good for the parade. However only time will tell, But I think all in time it will be an amazing addition to the new Disney’s California Adventure Park.

I wonder if they are going to updateing ALL the EP units to look like the Dreamlights units? However I am not sure that would be possible due to the old technology. Would be awesome if that is their plan though :-).

From what I have read, a lot is going to be updated and replaced in all of the units. So Im assuming everything will be updated to match the new units that are being brought in.

Oh cool! Yeah I kind of figured they would have to update everything to match the new units. Will be very interested and exciting to see how it all turns out in the end :slight_smile: