Making ADR's June 1st & need help deciding

I think I’ve got most of our reservations decided but [B][I]I’m torn between Flying Fish Cafe and Via Napoli.[/I][/B] I know, 2 totally different restaurants so they aren’t comparable. We will be at HS during the day but have no plans for the evening so dinner could be anywhere, though I want to stay close to our resort (BCV) and both of those would be within walking distance. This will be the 3rd night of our 7 night stay. Also, both of these restaurants would be new for us.

Other places we’re planning to eat include:

Narcoossee’s
La Hacienda de San Angel
Tony’s Town Square (simply because we’ll be seeing MSEP that night)
Beaches and Cream
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Portebello
Restaurant Akershus
Les Chefs de France
Le Cellier

TIA for your thoughts and opinions!

I’ve never eaten at Flying Fish, but it’s one I have on my list to try eventually. I have eaten at Via Napoli, and it’s, hands down, my favorite sit down at WDW. DH and I have both said that we could eat there at least once per day during our trips. We are going next month and using the quick service plan, but we scheduled one ADR to pay out of pocket- Via Napoli! :happy:

I too have not eaten at Flying Fish but Via Napoli is amazing! That would be my vote!

Tara,

We just returned from our Anniversary Trip to the World and have a wonderful addition to add to your list to think about. Try Sanaa at AKL! The food there was AMAZING! The service was over the top! Hisham, our waiter, surprised us with a champaigne toast to start the meal. He then took the time to talk with us about Morocco, the cuisine, the culture. He even wrote each of our names in Arabic on our pins. Towards the end of the meal, he went in to the kitchen and brought out samples of his favorite menu items to taste. He also gave us recipes to try recreating our meals at home…AND a website to use to purchase the spices used! By the end of a beautiful yummy meal with superior service and nice atmosphere, we (and the couple we were with) decided that it out-did our experience at LeCellier! (Which speaks volumes for how wonderful it was!) If you go, look for Hisham. Best waiter we have ever had…anywhere!

Check it out…:heart:

OH yeah, the cuisine is African-Indian. Soooooo tasty! I had the chicken dish with butternut sauce, cherries, and turnips. Dessert was a trio of yummies - including a chai-cream that was heaven on a spoon! :wub:

We just got back from WDW and got to eat at Via Napoli. It had awesome pizza. It would definitley go with that. I have not eaten at Flying Fish cause we are not big seafood eaters. I have heard some good reviews on that. We also went to the new restaurant on the BW,Kouzzina(sp.) and LOVED IT!!.

Watch Illuminations from the bridge between England and France and then have dinner at Flying Fish after.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1078140]Tara,

We just returned from our Anniversary Trip to the World and have a wonderful addition to add to your list to think about. Try Sanaa at AKL! The food there was AMAZING! The service was over the top! Hisham, our waiter, surprised us with a champaigne toast to start the meal. He then took the time to talk with us about Morocco, the cuisine, the culture. He even wrote each of our names in Arabic on our pins. Towards the end of the meal, he went in to the kitchen and brought out samples of his favorite menu items to taste. He also gave us recipes to try recreating our meals at home…AND a website to use to purchase the spices used! By the end of a beautiful yummy meal with superior service and nice atmosphere, we (and the couple we were with) decided that it out-did our experience at LeCellier! (Which speaks volumes for how wonderful it was!) If you go, look for Hisham. Best waiter we have ever had…anywhere!

Check it out…:heart:

OH yeah, the cuisine is African-Indian. Soooooo tasty! I had the chicken dish with butternut sauce, cherries, and turnips. Dessert was a trio of yummies - including a chai-cream that was heaven on a spoon! :wub:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We actually ate there at our last trip. It was just ok for us. I really enjoyed my meal but I was left hungry even after dessert (granted, I was nursing a child full time so that sucks my calories!). DH wasn’t thrilled with it as it’s not his style.

We did Kouzzina on our last trip as well and really enjoyed it! We’ll definitely be going back there on another trip!

We will have seen Illuminations the night before from La Hacienda de San Angel and with 2 really young kids, that show just won’t happen twice in a trip for us. :wink:

Well, it sounds like Via Napoli is the winner! We’ll get the opportunity to eat seafood at other restaurants on our trip so I’m not worried about going to a seafood restaurant. DH is a pizza nut so I think this will really excite him! His parents own a pizza joint in his hometown and he of course worked there for years. I think pizza was his first love. :laugh:

ETA: sorry for all the quoted posts…multi-quote isn’t working for me. :glare:

Via Napoli from me too- great choice!

I am going to agree with Dixie and pick Via Napoli…that’s exactly what I picked for my August trip and can’t wait to try it. A friend of mine tried it on his last trip and LOVED it. Him and his wife are big foodies and if they give it the thumbs up, I know it’s a safe pick.

Great choice! Via Napoli is the better of the two IMO…

i loved cape may for breakfast. Beaches & Cream has amazing milkshakes. I’m trying Akershus for breakfast this upcoming trip.

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;1078127]

Other places we’re planning to eat include:

Narcoossee’s
La Hacienda de San Angel
Tony’s Town Square (simply because we’ll be seeing MSEP that night)
Beaches and Cream
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Portebello
Restaurant Akershus
Les Chefs de France
Le Cellier

TIA for your thoughts and opinions![/QUOTE]

You have some of my favorites on your list, especially Narcoossees. As for Flying Fish, my meal was great but my DH’s was not so good :pinch: so many people enjoy it, though. I’d like to try Vila Napoli.

With the restaurants you have chosen, it might make sense for you to get the dining plan. Allears has the current menus and prices.

ADR’s done and all for my preferred times! No need to congratulate, I didn’t do anything special! Just thought I’d share our selections.

I did them all online. We had a rather eventful early morning spent in the ER with labored breathing from my 8mo old. He just has croup so it’s no big deal but I was wide awake after that adventure at 5am. I decided to try making my ressies online before the phone lines were open. It worked! I had no idea I could make reservations using the online system at, what looks like, anytime as soon as your 180 window opens up. :happy: Could I have done this at midnight when I was still awake?!

Anyway, here’s the lineup!

Day 1: Narcoossee’s 7:05pm
Day 2: La Hacienda de San Angel 8:30pm
Day 3: Via Napoli 7pm
Day 4: Tony’s Town Square 5pm
Day 5: Cape May Cafe 9:25am
Day 6: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall 6:55pm
Day 7: Les Chefs de France 5:50pm
Day 8: Le Cellier 11:35am

Leslie, we decided not to do the DDP this year since we wanted to open up our options and not worry about credits or anything. We think we’ll end up breaking about even and if not, then whatev, no biggie. Also, my daughter will be newly 3 when we go and she has a pretty sophisticated palate so the children’s price would be a complete waste of money. She eats what we eat…crab cakes, steak, hummus, etc. Haha! She’ll just share with us most of the time I’m sure.

On the WDW ADR site you can add all of you confirmation numbers and they will list them all on one page. You have to do some work flipping between call in ADR’s and the computer booked ressies, but everything will be on one nice print out page.

Excellent choices! That’s darn near perfect!

I’m pretty excited! The only meal I don’t have high hopes for is Tony’s and we’re only eating there so we’re already there and it’s more convenient to see MSEP and Wishes. As long as it’s at least of Olive Garden quality then I’ll be satisfied.

The only places that DH has been to in our list are Le Cellier & Les Chefs de France so I’m really excited for him to try lots of new places. I’ve only been to 3 of our choices, extra exciting! So many awesome places to experience.