Making ADR's Sunday Morning - Here is what I want. Need Suggestions in few Spots

12/26 - We will be arriving about 6am on 12/26 after driving all night…I want to hit Chef Mickeys for a good Breakfast - then hit a park of our choosing for about 5 hours. Go back to hotel, check-in, shower, nap and the Candleight Processional at Epcot…want Coral Reef or Le Cellier but will take the Japanese place if I have to.

12/27 - Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Toni’s Town Square (Lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Supper)

12/28 - Tusker House (Breakfast)
Lunch…I need help…we will be at AK - never really eaten there
Supper - Mama Melrose - Fantasmic Package

12/29 - Akershus (Breakfast)
Garden Grill (Lunch)
Le Cellier or Coral Reef (whichever one I don’t get for CP)

12/30 - 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
Lunch - I need help - we will be at MK
The Plaza (Dinner)

12/31 - I am thinking “Epcot” this day as ALL parks will be packed for NYE…definitely want to see some fireworks but choosing where will be hard…any suggestions for this day. Might resort hop this day.

01/01 - Same as above - last day…Suggestions please

01/02 - Last day - leaving this day - but plan to hit whatever we feel like we got robbed of little on this day

I get 21 TS credits…I think that is 14 used up. Suggestions please for the remaining.

I really like Yak & Yeti at AK, they have table service and counter service.

For lunch at MK, are you looking for a table service or a counter service? There are lots of good choices for both. We like Crystal Palace for a table service, but Cosmic Rays is a good choice for counter service.

I am sure others will come along and give you some more ideas. For Epcot, you have already mentioned the ones we prefer, but there is also Teppan Edo in Japan, or Tutto Italia in Italy. :slight_smile:

If you are going to resort hop, you could try Ohana & Kona Cafe at the Polynesian.

I think I might try Japan for the kids if nothing else. They love the entertainment factor at Hibachi type places

and I was wondering about Yak and Yeti’s…I will try it.

How about Boma for breakfast. The food is excellent, and then you can look around the resort and enjoy the animals.

Agreed - plus it will be interesting to see their christmas theme

Oh my goodness! I am always jealous of all these dining choices for deluxe meal planners!

Ok, have you thought about Beirgarten? It’s fun and interactive and your kids might really enjoy it. The food isn’t half bad either! It’s also a really good spot for lunch. In Epcot I also love Rose and Crown. I’ve never done Japan but I have heard good things.

In AK I have always wanted to try Yak and Yeti but never have. I would give that a try.

Some other places might be some of the places at the Boardwalk like the new Kouzzina or Beaches and Cream. It’s a quick walk/boat ride from Epcot.

Also, I really love Kona Cafe or Ohana’s in the Polynesian for one of your meals on an MK day. Also, we’ve done lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe and it was a nice break from the parks.

I know it is almost too many choices
Looks like I will almost have to do Ohana’s now…2 suggested already

I think if you try to get your reservation for Chef Mickey’s on 12/26 as early as possible (time wise) and as soon as you’re able, you might be able to get it.
The problem is that people are allowed to book as far as 10 days ahead (or to the end of their stay, whichever comes first). What this means is that people who arrive as early as 12/17 will be able to make reservations as late as 12/26, and Chef Mickey’s is one of the most popular places. You’d also better hurry and make that Tusker House breakfast reservation as well, because that one goes pretty fast as well.
As an alternate on 12/26, my own recommendation would be Kona Cafe. It’s also on the monorail line. Personally I don’t care for 'Ohana (yes, that’s how it’s spelled)
For that open lunch, I’d sit down at Yak and Yeti.
Instead of trying to jam 3 meals in, try a late breakfast and then do dinner at one of the signature restaurants (Narcoossee’s, California Grill, Citrico’s, Flying Fish Cafe, Yachtsman’s Steakhouse).
Garden Grill hasn’t served lunch since October of last year.
Flying Fish or Yachtsman’s would work if you’re planning Epcot for NYE.
Also, even if Magic Kingdom is “closed”, the midnight fireworks show is mirrored on Seven Seas Lagoon (it’s a double of the in park show) and the 7:30 Illuminations is the Christmas version while the midnight Illuminations is the New Year’s countdown. MK has an 8:30 showing of Holiday Wishes (inside park only).
Yes, you have 21 credits, and I suggest you try to not waste them on CS meals. You also have 14 snacks, which can be used to stave off the hungries to tide you over between breakfast and dinner should you decide to do 2 credit signature places.
I think Beaches and Cream is a waste of a deluxe TS credit, their menu isn’t much different than one of the walk up hamburger stands and they don’t have appetizers.
I would also suggest Biergarten and Tokyo Dining.
Another suggestion is Crystal Palace for either lunch or dinner. Sure they have the same caracters as breakfast, but they have a very large and varied buffet.
Oh yeah, good luck getting Le Cellier, that one is next to impossible, especially with the 10 day rule, and I personally feel that they’ve dumbed down the menu at Coral Reef so badly, that it isn’t worth it any more, unless you’re a first timer.
Check the menus for all of these places at:
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

I was actually thinking Flying Fish or Yachtmans one one night. Yeah I would rather double something like Crystal Palace than do a CS. I paid the $$$ I might as well get the benefit. I have a feeling I will be ordering alot of steak and seafood on this trip.

We are taking my mom - whenever we go out, she gets the cheapest thing on the menu - it is going to be hard to make her understand that she needs to order the more $$$ entre’s to get the money’s worth.

Some other things to keep in mind about New Year’s fireworks.
MK usually runs the NYE countdown on 12/30 and sometimes also 12/29 at midnight.
MK runs Holiday Wishes from 12/24 through 12/31 and reverts to the regular Wishes on 1/1.
DHS has an NYE midnight fireworks show.
Downtown Disney usually has an NYE midnight fireworks show.
Epcot runs the Peace on Earth version of Illuminations nightly at 9:30 from the day after Thanksgiving through 12/30, moves it to 7:30 on 12/31 and reverts to the standard version on 1/1.
There was one year on 1/1 where I was able to catch Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes all on the same night.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;995115]I think if you try to get your reservation for Chef Mickey’s on 12/26 as early as possible (time wise) and as soon as you’re able, you might be able to get it.
The problem is that people are allowed to book as far as 10 days ahead (or to the end of their stay, whichever comes first). What this means is that people who arrive as early as 12/17 will be able to make reservations as late as 12/26, and Chef Mickey’s is one of the most popular places. You’d also better hurry and make that Tusker House breakfast reservation as well, because that one goes pretty fast as well.
As an alternate on 12/26, my own recommendation would be Kona Cafe. It’s also on the monorail line. Personally I don’t care for 'Ohana (yes, that’s how it’s spelled)
For that open lunch, I’d sit down at Yak and Yeti.
Instead of trying to jam 3 meals in, try a late breakfast and then do dinner at one of the signature restaurants (Narcoossee’s, California Grill, Citrico’s, Flying Fish Cafe, Yachtsman’s Steakhouse).
Garden Grill hasn’t served lunch since October of last year.
Flying Fish or Yachtsman’s would work if you’re planning Epcot for NYE.
Also, even if Magic Kingdom is “closed”, the midnight fireworks show is mirrored on Seven Seas Lagoon (it’s a double of the in park show) and the 7:30 Illuminations is the Christmas version while the midnight Illuminations is the New Year’s countdown. MK has an 8:30 showing of Holiday Wishes (inside park only).
Yes, you have 21 credits, and I suggest you try to not waste them on CS meals. You also have 14 snacks, which can be used to stave off the hungries to tide you over between breakfast and dinner should you decide to do 2 credit signature places.
I think Beaches and Cream is a waste of a deluxe TS credit, their menu isn’t much different than one of the walk up hamburger stands and they don’t have appetizers.
I would also suggest Biergarten and Tokyo Dining.
Another suggestion is Crystal Palace for either lunch or dinner. Sure they have the same caracters as breakfast, but they have a very large and varied buffet.
Oh yeah, good luck getting Le Cellier, that one is next to impossible, especially with the 10 day rule, and I personally feel that they’ve dumbed down the menu at Coral Reef so badly, that it isn’t worth it any more, unless you’re a first timer.
Check the menus for all of these places at:
Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything Soundgod said- for some reason, I usually do!! :laugh: Do not waste those TS credit on CS. Pick a bunch of 2 credit places and enjoy. SG said you have 14 snacks, but I think you have much more than that. I think you get 2 per day per person on the Deluxe, right?

You are also forgetting the Wave, something newish- pretty good and it has a great bar!! What about the Hoop Dee Doo Review or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ? Those are both 2 credits. Everyone on here seems to love the HDDR. I think in the past you mentioned CRT and you have plenty of credits left to do it. Even though DD is young, everyone will still have a nice time.

You are going to be stuffed. Enjoy every minute of it- you can diet when you get home!!

I am cringing at the thought of using a TS for CS! :eek:

SG has great advice- hopefully you are on the phone right now getting the ADRs you need. Good luck!

Our trip is Dec 4 and I tried to book Le Cellier for the 7th at 830 on my 90 days out of the trip and did not get it. I ended up settling on a 12 pm lunch since DH and I really wanted to try this one. BEST OF LUCK with your ADRs.

Boma for dinner! I LOVE that place!

Either I’m giving good advice, or it’s something in South Florida’s water.

I thought about The Wave too, but until I eat there, I have a hard time giving a full throated recommendation. Although I’ve never eaten at Citrico’s either.
Hoop Dee Doo is just too, I don’t know what, maybe corny, for me.
I will say that unless you have some overwhelming need to eat at CRT, that is a big waste of 2 credits.

Boma is also a very good choice. And, just so you know, I have always been able to get an adr at LeCellier. It is tough, but not un-doable. :slight_smile:

For 12/31 (epcot ) how about Germany? I’m a picky eater and I like it. We are planning to try the big river beer brewing (or something like that), it’s near BW. It’s gotten a lot of bad reviews but aside from this board, I find most people will complain about a meal rather praise it. My DD is going to try it before we get there, so if she hates, I might have to fine someplace else. But if you are staying in the park all day, how about France? We were trying to get either le cellier or norway for dinner on 12/5 and couldn’t get it. So we started looking at all the menus. France looks pretty good. It has normal food for me and weirder food for DH. And my DD likes France.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;995248]Either I’m giving good advice, or it’s something in South Florida’s water.

I thought about The Wave too, but until I eat there, I have a hard time giving a full throated recommendation. Although I’ve never eaten at Citrico’s either.
Hoop Dee Doo is just too, I don’t know what, maybe corny, for me.
I will say that unless you have some overwhelming need to eat at CRT, that is a big waste of 2 credits.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t really care for HDDR when we did it in May, but I had to try it since everybody seems to rave about it. I feel if he doesn’t do a lot of signature restaurants, he will spend most of his day eating (which isn’t always a bad thing, but the kids will want park time).

We ate at the Wave once and I would go back. I wouldn’t order the same thing, but I would go back- and without kids! :laugh:

how did you do?!!!