Making room for pirates? <Rumor or REAL?>

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Jason Garcia and Scott Powers|Sentinel Staff Writers|August 4, 2008

Walt Disney World has unveiled a rendering of, and a few details about, renovations in the works for part of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, to re-theme the rooms using the company’s popular Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

Beds that look like ships. Dressers that look like old crates. Curtains that look like tattered sails.

Disney is planning the look for 384 rooms in the Trinidad South Village Area, set to be ready sometime next year. The resort has a total of 2,112 rooms.

Here is the link: Orlando Sentinel - Pirates of the Caribbean Beach Resort on Tourism Central Florida

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;860355]:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Jason Garcia and Scott Powers|Sentinel Staff Writers|August 4, 2008

Walt Disney World has unveiled a rendering of, and a few details about, renovations in the works for part of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, to re-theme the rooms using the company’s popular Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

Beds that look like ships. Dressers that look like old crates. Curtains that look like tattered sails.

Disney is planning the look for 384 rooms in the Trinidad South Village Area, set to be ready sometime next year. The resort has a total of 2,112 rooms.

Here is the link: Orlando Sentinel - Pirates of the Caribbean Beach Resort on Tourism Central Florida

[/QUOTE]

They have to do something with that area. It’s a haul to port royal. Hope they add a soda station.

There is a recent thread about this… it has photos of the other part of the refurb also, which you might enjoy. I think some rooms are Nemo themed, and some will be pirates.

Yes I remember reading about this . . . but this if the first time I saw pictures!

Looks interesting . . . :pirate:

OH sorry . . . there is a thread on here? I looked and didn’t see it . . . delete this one if its a repeat! :blush:

Hmm I don’t know if I like that idea. I really liked that resort the way it was.

I thought the resort was sort of boring and run-of-the-mill for Florida. This sounds awesome! I would so stay in a Pirate Room. Arrgh.

I totally agree!!! They disney-fied it!!! I think the pirates theme and the nemo theme are cute!!!

It looks pretty cool, I like pirates! Hope they don’t go too overboard though…I’m not sure about beds looking like ships.

Zactly! Of all the moderate resorts, I found this one the most “blah”. I’m glad they’re doing something fabulous with it! This will renew interest!

You must not be 7 years old, because I happen to know some little kids that will think that’s the ONLY way to sleep!

Oh! I actually really like it…I would actually consider staying at Caribbean Beach then.

I love that. It would make me want to stay there :happy:

Now they need a CARS themed room . . . with car beds . . . kids would like that!!

I like the curtain by the sinks . . . pretty cool! :pirate:

I guess the Nemo ones are done and the pirates rooms will be finished in early 2009. They look good, both styles! I love the wall border on the Nemo rooms that are done. TOO cute!

Where can I see a pic of the room?

I love it!! It will be great to go and be pirates. It is also great to see themes that are geared more for boys, since the princesses get all the pub now. We love the princesses, but our DS7 is really wanting to do pirate stuff.

Allears.net has the pictures of the Nemo changes posted.

These look really cool! I would love to stay there!

I think this looks really cool!! I would love to stay there, and I am sure my kids would feel the same way!