Man playing Jack in Pirate tutorial hurt

Just found out from a friend that a CM working the pirate tutorial at Magic Kingdom today broke his neck and had to get 55 stitches in his face. Thankfully no signs of paralysis - he is in surgery now with a Neurosurgeon.

Apparently he lost his footing and fell into a brick wall. He has a broken neck, 55 stitches in his head, broken wrist, and dislocated finger. I don’t believe he was “Jack” but the other pirate that assists with the tutorial.

He is reportedly in good spirits which is a good sign…

Please keep this CM in your prayers.

oh my, I hope he continues to be okay.

Goodness. We will keep him in our prayers. We wish him a speedy recovery

Wow! How the heck did he do that? Hope he will have full recovery! :heart:

I’m trying to picture where the brick wall would be. I’m thinking to the left of the acting, when you are facing them. Dh just had to get 6 stitches for turning into a wall while wrestling with his cousin, so wondering what he was doing and at what angle to get 55 stitches.

OUCH.

i’m guessing plastic surgery with high number of stiches strying to minimize scaring.

Oh no! I hope he’s ok.

I hope he’s OK. Sending him lots of Pixie dust for a full recovery.

That now makes three terrible accidents at or near MK this year that I’ve read in MB Forums, hopefully this will be the last and the accident black cloud that’s hanging over MK will move on it’s way.

How awful for him, I hope he’s ok.

Oh how awful. Lots of pixie dust his way! That poor guy.

How luck are you to have a CM friend. I would probably ruin our friendship by asking so many questions.lol

What a terrible accident. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Relax,gang. With the proper application of rum, he will be fine.

How horrible! I hope he makes a full recovery. We love the Tutorial!

Holy smokes, that’s terrible. Here’s to a full recovery

Rum couldn’t hurt.

We’ll keep him in our prayers!

Wow, I hope he’s okay. If he was Mack (and not Jack), I wonder how he lost his footing. At least with Jack walking around like he’s had one too many swigs of rum and having to jump up and down on the cart you could understand. I love the show and hope whoever got hurt heals quickly and without lasting problems.

Eek! The Captain Jack in the pirate tutorial is great! What a terrible incident - I hope he recovers! :heart:

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;983270]I hope he’s OK. Sending him lots of Pixie dust for a full recovery.

That now makes three terrible accidents at or near MK this year that I’ve read in MB Forums, hopefully this will be the last and the accident black cloud that’s hanging over MK will move on it’s way.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly!!! Best wishes to the CM for a speedy recovery!

I hope he is OK. When we saw the tutorial, during the original PPP, I though they did it in the “street” in front of/to the side of POC. Where do they do it now that has a brick wall?