Mangino's restaurant

Hi all! We are going to be getting the DDP, but we saw the menu for Mangino’s at The Shades of Green resort and thought it looked spectacular. We are aware that they do not take the dining plan, but we figured we may check it out, maybe use 2 tables service credits for another restaurant and pay for Mangino’s.

Has anyone been? Even though it is at Shades of Green, anyone can attend the restaurant right?

Technically, no. According to their website, use of the entire resort is restricted to several categories. I think this is partially because they have a tax exemption because it is considered a “federal facility”. Here is the link:
Shades of Green® Resort on WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort offical website is the only Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) located in the continental U.S. Shades of Green® on WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort is a military resort serving the U.S. Army, Navy, Air

That being said, when we stayed there in 2006, I don’t recall ever getting our room keys or IDs checked.
Here is some info about Mangino’s from the SoG website:
Shades of Green® Resort on WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort offical website is the only Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) located in the continental U.S. Shades of Green® on WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort is a military resort serving the U.S. Army, Navy, Air

We did not eat at Manginos because of our 3 young kids, but we walked past several times. It looked really nice, but smaller than I expected, through the windows. We ate mostly at the Garden Gallery. The food was pretty good there as I recall.

Prezcatz Paul

We stayed at SoG in 2004 and we were never asked for proof that we were guests at the resort. We were also never asked for proof to enter the resort. It’s an easy walk from the Poly, maybe 5 minutes if I remember correctly.

That’s the way I would recommend (and the way we usually traveled). It is about a 10 minute walk from the Poly main building. Go out the door nearest the arcade, walk past the small boat dock, and look to the left for signs to cross the road and go down the SoG main drive. The path is all paved and pretty well lit at night. The other ‘best way’ is the bus from the TTC that runs every 15 minutes.

Prezcatz Paul

We walked from the Poly to SoG after MK closed and never felt unsafe. And I think Prezcatz is right, it’s about a 10 minute walk.

Franco has eaten there. I hope he sees this thread.

You beat me to it. As I recall, he really enjoys this restaurant.

I have heard this restaurant is really good, but have never been.

Hmm! It would be great to eat there. The menu looks terrific, I hope that Franco does see this thread, I would love to know what he thought! Maybe I will PM him! We are renting a car, with 3 kids, one an infant, it is much easier than waiting for the busses, etc… so we can just drive on over there! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I hope you get to try it but don’t be surprised if you are turned away for the parking. I know there’s a parking garage but I can’t remember how we got in it and if we had to show ID to park. You might call and see if non-resorts guests are allowed to dine at the restaurants so you’ll know before you go.

good idea DT, thanks for the tip!