March 16th Princess & The Frog

The movie will be available for purchase this day!!!

I have not seen it, but I hear that it is very good. I will look for it on netflix

Clutch my pearls:eek: You haven’t seen it? Put it on your to do list before I catch the vapors!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray Combo from Amazon. I’m going to keep the Blu-Ray and give the DVD to my little brother. If the price drops they will bill me for the cheaper price.

This is going to sound crazy, but I still don’t know what Blu-Ray is.

It’s a Hi def dvd…Blu-ray.com - What is Blu-ray? (Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, not Blue-ray or Blu-ray DVD)

I can’t believe it will be out to buy so soon!!! I am so excited!!! I have been buying all the Disney new releases in the Blue-ray / DVD combo pack even though we only have a DVDF player I figure this way when we finally get around to updating then we already have the blue-ray and the kids can still have the DVD for their portable dvd players, and it is such a great deal to get the combo

I haven’t seen it either and I heard it was good too!

my youngest loves it. we meant her in Disney the first week she was there and both the girls could not wait to see he movie we went the opening night. and as a matter of fact she just spent part of her birthday money on Princess tiana and her best friend doll so she could have it. OH an we had to do her birthday party in princess and the frog theme this year. I will definately be buying her this one.

It seems to me that they’ve changed the slant of their advertising for the P&F DVD?

The original ads, at least from my POV, focused not so much on the Princess, but a lot on the secondary characters, and for me I found them “meh” to “unappealing”.

The ads I’m seeing now for the DVD have images that remind me of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and make me think, “That’s for me!”

P&F didn’t do all that well originally at the box office. So is it just me or did they change their approach?

[QUOTE=Andrea;1020499]It seems to me that they’ve changed the slant of their advertising for the P&F DVD?

The original ads, at least from my POV, focused not so much on the Princess, but a lot on the secondary characters, and for me I found them “meh” to “unappealing”.

The ads I’m seeing now for the DVD have images that remind me of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and make me think, “That’s for me!”

P&F didn’t do all that well originally at the box office. So is it just me or did they change their approach?[/QUOTE]Box office
On its limited day release, the film grossed $263,890 at only two theaters and grossed $786,190 its opening weekend.[30][31] On its opening day in wide release, the film grossed $7,020,000 at 3,434 theaters.[32] It went on to gross $24,208,916 over the opening weekend averaging $7,050 per theater,[33] marking it the highest-grossing start to date for an animated movie in December, while being less auspicious than the animated movies from Walt Disney Pictures’ 1990s traditional animation heyday.[34] After 89 days of being released the film has grossed $102,673,293 in the United States and Canada, and $131,500,000 in other markets, making a worldwide gross of $234,173,293.[2]

It was only released in limited theaters, then nationally and it did great at the box office

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (coffee out my nose)

Yes m’am, it IS on the list now :redface:

Yes m’am, it IS on the list now :redface:[/QUOTE]
Good! I almost needed my smelling salts.:laugh:

ewwwwww… that’s such violent stuff :pirate:

I will difinity put this on my netflix list!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Kidani & Me;1020524]Box office
On its limited day release, the film grossed $263,890 at only two theaters and grossed $786,190 its opening weekend.[30][31] On its opening day in wide release, the film grossed $7,020,000 at 3,434 theaters.[32] It went on to gross $24,208,916 over the opening weekend averaging $7,050 per theater,[33] marking it the highest-grossing start to date for an animated movie in December, while being less auspicious than the animated movies from Walt Disney Pictures’ 1990s traditional animation heyday.[34] After 89 days of being released the film has grossed $102,673,293 in the United States and Canada, and $131,500,000 in other markets, making a worldwide gross of $234,173,293.[2]

It was only released in limited theaters, then nationally and it did great at the box office[/QUOTE]

Well, my goodness, I’ll just go out and flagellate myself for being wrong. I recalled reading that it had fallen off dramatically after opening weekend and wasn’t performing as they’d hoped. Thanks for correcting me in such a pleasant manner.

Hope you didn’t take that the wrong way. The problem with message boards are that you don’t know the people who are posting nor their intentions. I am not starting a post it war. I just love The Princess and the Frog :heart:
No flagellation needed :laugh:

[QUOTE=Kidani & Me;1020524]Box office

It was only released in limited theaters, then nationally and it did great at the box office[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I had been looking for the numbers on how the movie did a few months after it came out but couldn’t find anything.

No problem The Princess is my new best friend LOL:laugh:

Don’t feel bad… I haven’t seen it either! :ph34r: DD is to young to go to movies and I never had a chance to get to the theater to see it. But I’ll be lined up to get it when it comes out!