March Crowd Levels

Hey Everybody,

We just received an offer through the mail for a 5 night, 6 day stay at Disney World with a $500 Gift Card. It’s for stays 3/1-4/16. We’re having trouble deciding when would be the best time to stay during that span.

I have been to the World twice during Mid-March, right during Spring Break for most and it was ****. I’m not looking to do that again, but does anyone have any past experience at the parks during that span? When would you go? We really want to take this deal, but only if we can enjoy the moderate crowds.

Thanks!

March crowd levels always depend on when spring breaks and Easter vacations happen.
March/April are probably the most variable when it comes to crowds because the vacations are never the same time, year to year.
Early-mid March this year might not be too bad.

go early March- the crowds are great then! We have been the last few years during this week, and it is great. The crowds start at the end of the week. we could tell because the level of street entertainment increased dramatically then.

The weather is great then too. We would wear sweatshirts in the morning, with shorts and t-shirts. Then the sweatshirt would come off. The kids could wear jeans and a windbreaker too…

You will have a fabulous trip!

[QUOTE=hanwill;932938]go early March- the crowds are great then! We have been the last few years during this week, and it is great. The crowds start at the end of the week. we could tell because the level of street entertainment increased dramatically then.

The weather is great then too. We would wear sweatshirts in the morning, with shorts and t-shirts. Then the sweatshirt would come off. The kids could wear jeans and a windbreaker too…

You will have a fabulous trip![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’m relieved to hear that. We were kind of leaning towards early March…but that’s a few weeks away! We’d better get going with our ADR’s!

I was concerned slightly about crowd levels in march as we are going at the end of March in 2010. However, I figure if I can can do 2 x WDW on July 4th and the August summer break there I can do March! I am looking forward to going during this time as I’m hoping the flower and garden festival will be on which I have been to previously. I know the weather will be lovely too so that is always a bonus. The only thing that worries me slightly is the breaks for the schools at this time.

go early march when late march and april come people take alot of vacations or drive there for the weekend but make sure to plan ahead in case of a huge crowd because it is DW