Marriott Grande Vista or Cypress Harbour

We just made last minute plans to come to Disney for Mother’s Day. We are thinking of staying at one of these hotels and wonder if anyone has any opinions as to which is better.

We had a week at the Marriott Grande Vista last January. It was a beautiful resort. (My husband was golfing there with some friends). We had a one bedroom suite - it was very large, comfortable,the kitchen was well equipped and it was spotless - as was the whole resort. My favourite part was the screened verandah off the bedroom. We spent a lot of time just relaxing there. We didn’t use the pools, but they seemed very nice. There’s one good restaurant on the grounds, and several “take-out” places, like Pizza Hut. The grounds and golf course were first rate.

We’re DVC members and moved to OKW for the second week of our holiday. I don’t think that anything can compare to staying on-site - but I do have to admit that the Grande Vista was a very, very nice resort.

Thanks for your message. We usually stay on-site, but the rates for Beach Club have been sky high lately. Sounds like we won’t be disappointed with the Vista, although it won’t be the same as walking over to Epcot from the International Gateway!

I have stayed at Grand Vista, and been through Cypress Harbor. Both are nice resorts, though I agree, not like staying on site. Grand Vista used to have movie nights in the pool, and other fun stuff, and it was a fun place to stay. We ended up with a 3 bedroom, which was nice. Oh, and ask for a top floor room, the floors are kind of thin.

Thanks, Mickey. Would you recommend one over the other. Pool time is important to us, so how would you rate the pools at each resort?

If I had to choose, I think I would go with Grand Cypress, but it is very close. There isn’t much difference between the two, but GC is a bit newer.