Marti Goes to Disneyland -- LIVE! (or at least semi-live)

Here it is, Buzzers, the moment you’ve been waiting for*: the Marti-in-DL, on-location TR!

*or not – you may have been busy leading your life and not have been waiting in the slightest; that’s okay too :blush:

I drove up to Anaheim from San Diego late this afternoon, having gotten my teeth fixed, tracked down auto parts to send home, and upgraded part of my wardrobe. All of these were necessary, especially the teeth, but nothing that happened in SD is particularly TR material so it’ll not be mentioned further (although there will be some random photos :cool:). You’re welcome.

I arrived at The Crowne Plaza right around 6 p.m. Having checked in on Facebook this morning, I knew that a certain famous feline had already arrived and would be waiting for me when I showed up. Upon reaching the room, it was time to turn her loose. >^…^<

I must admit, she was [B][U]not[/U][/B] particularly pleased about having spent the day in her mode of transport (not that I can blame her for that) and started to let me know it in no uncertain terms. But then she saw the bed. :ohmy:

A very big, very comfy bed. :happy: This was enough to distract her from her Diva Moment and get her calm enough to begin her introduction to The Way of the Delicate Fluffy Paw of Lightning Death. I set her up with some essential reading and some lovely aromatherapy candles – Marti was now officially in :ph34r: Ninja Camp :ph34r:.

While she studied, I took some pics around the room.

See how engrossed she is? This bodes well; a ninja needs concentration.

A closer view of Marti’s reading material:

Dopey included supplies for Marti’s use. :laugh: She also packed some cookies :wub:, which were deeply appreciated but won’t be touched until I get home because I’ve given up sugar for Lent. :pinch: I’m sure 6-2-6 will be happy to make short work of them. :pirate: (I’m going to tuck a couple away in the freezer to have on Easter, though. :blush:)

And once around the room – you’ve already been introduced to the sleeping quarters…

the reading chair in the corner by the window, which looks nice but should be comfier than it is…

The Nerve Center of the room (aka where the computer is). :laugh:

The roomy-enough-to-prevent-claustrophobia bathroom (which was spotless, always a plus).

Finishing our tour, the view of Harbor Blvd. from the window. Behold the Target.

There’s also a Joe’s Crab Shack.

The room securely buttoned up, I let Marti lounge and went off to grab dinner at DTD. This consisted of a cheeseburger combo and a side of coleslaw from Jazz Kitchen Express, as seen here…

Having boosted my blood sugar level, it was off to Sephora to return some eye shadow I’d purchased the week before while in SD (beware the Kat Von D palettes, contact lens wearers). On the way, I walked by one of my favorite stores, Illuminations…join with me if you will, home fragrance fans, in a moment of silence for yet another business that’s biting the dust. The entire chain is closing, and all their stock is clearance priced. It was sad: what had been such a lovely space six months ago now has stripped walls, no demo display candles burning, and boxes of stock stacked in corners and in front of shelves. I’ve been an Illuminations fan for a long time and will be very sorry to see them go, especially this location.

Having finished my business in DTD and mostly just being too tired to do much by way of entertainment, I returned to the hotel to find Marti zonked out and burbling with her paws twitching. I wonder what she was dreaming about.

On that note, I’ll close for the night, with this final nod to my fellow members of the Little White Light Appreciation Society…

[QUOTE=Voldemort;943671]
On that note, I’ll close for the night, with this final nod to my fellow members of the Little White Light Appreciation Society…[/QUOTE]

Oooh! Oooh! I’m a fan! Thanks for the pic!

I am a fan!

Great start there Miss Kem. I can’t wait to read about the ninja training- good luck with that :pirate:

More Marti!!! :wub:

Oh good, Marti arrived safely. She sure does travel well doesn’t she? Enjoy your vacation with Kem Marti. :wub:

I think I’ve missed the whole story behind Marti… :huh:

That cat’s travelled more than I have.:glare:

I’m glad to see that she’s earnestly begun her training - heaven knows, she needs it! (grill the cat) Thank you for beginning Ninja Mistress.

I hate to hear about stores closing like that.:crying: I shall be awaiting more of your (and Marti’s) adventures with bated breath.

No one else being around, I’ll fill you in Kip. Last summer dhoughton and Honeybear took a road trip up to Northern Michigan to visit the Dopester. While on the road they happened upon Marti (I think she was hanging around a gas station quickie mart and the owner was really eager to get rid of her. “What a nice present for Dopey thought donut” Well, the donut thought she’d gotten a real deal on the little kitty until they reached Dopey’s and that cat’s real nature came out! HAVOC! All over Frau Dopey’s spotless Lodge! And that cat decided she was there to stay.

Dopey put her to work at the front desk and for spite she whited-out all the reservations. She climbs trees, she lays around the cabins. Let’s just say, Dopey has her hands full. Not only that - the cat thinks she should go wherever Dopey goes - so she’s been to WDW (albeit she had to come down a day late:glare:) and when she heard that Voldy was going to DL, nothing would do but she had to meet up with her there. Dopey gave in and sent her hoping Ninja training would beat some discipline into her…

[QUOTE=llama;943732]No one else being around, I’ll fill you in Kip. Last summer dhoughton and Honeybear took a road trip up to Northern Michigan to visit the Dopester. While on the road they happened upon Marti (I think she was hanging around a gas station quickie mart and the owner was really eager to get rid of her. “What a nice present for Dopey thought donut” Well, the donut thought she’d gotten a real deal on the little kitty until they reached Dopey’s and that cat’s real nature came out! HAVOC! All over Frau Dopey’s spotless Lodge! And that cat decided she was there to stay.

Dopey put her to work at the front desk and for spite she whited-out all the reservations. She climbs trees, she lays around the cabins. Let’s just say, Dopey has her hands full. Not only that - the cat thinks she should go wherever Dopey goes - so she’s been to WDW (albeit she had to come down a day late:glare:) and when she heard that Voldy was going to DL, nothing would do but she had to meet up with her there. Dopey gave in and sent her hoping Ninja training would beat some discipline into her…[/QUOTE]
A beautiful synopsis, darlinkkkk :happy:

Why, llama! One could almost get the impression that you don’t like the little dear! (She’s feeling a bit maligned and is making noises about calling her lawyer… :pirate:)

Not to mention the fact that you didn’t tell Kip what a quick study Marti is. Just a few short minutes ago, I woke up to this. She had apparently been working on her stealth and stalking skills. MEOW. :ph34r: