Marvel Superheros

Does anyone know what will happen in the future at IOA since Disney owns Marvel? I really enjoy Marvel Superhero Island, but would be neat to see some Marvel attractions at WDW and not just Marvel merchandise.

Just curious if anyone knows the future of Disney/Marvel and IOA’s Marvel Island?

I believe Soundgod is the one that knows all about this topic, so hopefully he’ll respond.

I’m pretty sure that IoA is just going to continue to pay licensing fees for the Marvel Superheroes. With two of their major attractions (Spiderman and Incredible Hulk) being Marvel, I think it is worth it for them to keep Marvel. The Incredible Hulk could be easily rethemed, but Spiderman not so much. And I believe they recently just updated the technology on the Spiderman attraction.

As for what Disney is using Marvel for, I’m not sure. I think mostly movies. Captain America is a Marvel Superhero, and a movie just came out on him.

Well there is no such announcement about the Marvel. Disney has so many characters I guess they will never let us down in case of Island.

I have no idea but dream of a big expansion at Hollywood studios that would create a superhero section with a couple of cool coasters - and also expand pixar…

I dream big some nights:cool:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1088285]I have no idea but dream of a big expansion at Hollywood studios that would create a superhero section with a couple of cool coasters - and also expand pixar…

I dream big some nights:cool:[/QUOTE]

I dream the same thing some nights. If we both dream really hard on it, maybe it will actually happen one day :frostyang

That sounds like a plan :heart:

Man, I hope Disney gets some Marvel stuff in the parks. Meet and greets with characters (I think the Studios would be best for that, too), rides, and such.

According to Joe Quesada at D23 this year,

there were talks about incorporating Marvel into the Disney theme parks, but for the time being the Marvel-themed rides at Universal would remain in where they are, unaffected by the Disney purchase.

So here’s hoping those talks will bear fruit down the line…

PS: Don’t know how many people have seen the wonderful Marvel/Disney mashup one person did, but here it is.