Matching T-Shirt Help?

For our upcoming May trip it is my mom’s birthday. During our last Disney trip we all decided that we would do matching t-shirts and we figured we would do the seven dwarfs (although there are only 6 of us :P). My question is where would I design this. I did some searching around but couldn’t really find a good website and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Thanks

• Justin

P.s: Sorry if this is in the wrong place I didn’t know where to put it. :whistling

Disney Store offers it online. The link is huge to get directly to the page. I hope it works.

Disney Personalized Gifts

We have an MBer that does awesome designs. Maybe she will check in?!? I have never made any shirts but I THINK that you can print out the design and iron it on a shirt?? I would love to know the process!

It’s iron-on. You can print the designs out and iron them on your shirts. 6 is a reasonable number to do iron-ons for… there are some that do 30 or so shirts so they have one for every day of their vacation! :laugh: It amazes me. I just do the designing, not the shirt making! I can give you some links on how-to, though.

What is your mom’s name?

See I told you we had a great designer : )

Victoria, Do you just print them out on your regular printer? I presume you need special ink? I have seen the transfer (is that correct?) paper that you need?

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1069541]See I told you we had a great designer : )

Victoria, Do you just print them out on your regular printer? I presume you need special ink? I have seen the transfer (is that correct?) paper that you need?[/QUOTE]

You need an inkjet printer - laser doesn’t work (it “fries” the paper).

There are two different types of transfers, white opaque and a clear kind. I like the appearance of the white transfer better. The clear kind is shiny and doesn’t look as professional IMO, but people like it because you don’t have to cut around the edges (but it’s shiny, so they really should :laugh:).

I’ll find you some examples…

People say that the transfer paper from WalMart works well. I have used transfer paper from PrintOnIt.com and I was happy with how it worked… here are the tee-shirts I made a year ago:

See, I had to cut out along the outside of all of those letters!!! It took a long time, but I was happy with how it came out.

Those are very cute! I prefer the shirts that don’t just have a rectangle with printing ironed on!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1069544]You need an inkjet printer - laser doesn’t work (it “fries” the paper).

There are two different types of transfers, white opaque and a clear kind. I like the appearance of the white transfer better. The clear kind is shiny and doesn’t look as professional IMO, but people like it because you don’t have to cut around the edges (but it’s shiny, so they really should :laugh:).

I’ll find you some examples…

People say that the transfer paper from WalMart works well. I have used transfer paper from PrintOnIt.com and I was happy with how it worked… here are the tee-shirts I made a year ago:

See, I had to cut out along the outside of all of those letters!!! It took a long time, but I was happy with how it came out.[/QUOTE]

Here is everything you need to know about making your own tee-shirts: The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - How to Ask for DISigns, Tips, FAQ’s & Guidelines

If I remember correctly someone made tie dyed tee shirts on here with mickey mouse heads a few years ago.

Here is a Mickey Tie-Dye how-to thread: The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - How to Ask for DISigns, Tips, FAQ’s & Guidelines

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1069539]It’s iron-on. You can print the designs out and iron them on your shirts. 6 is a reasonable number to do iron-ons for… there are some that do 30 or so shirts so they have one for every day of their vacation! :laugh: It amazes me. I just do the designing, not the shirt making! I can give you some links on how-to, though.

What is your mom’s name?[/QUOTE]

Her name is Michele. As long as it’s not complicated I may consider it! I don’t want to waste your time though and we need them for May. I’ll let you know thanks everyone!

Thanks for the links LMM : )

No problem! Here’s the link to my design photobucket: DISigns pictures by VicShing - Photobucket

To see my different types of designs, navigate through the “Sub-Albums” on the right hand side of the page. You might have to scroll down a little.

If you’d like a design customized, PM me! :happy: