Maurice Sendak hates Mickey Mouse, more

interesting article here…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/oct/20/maurice-sendak-wild-things-****

Darn the link wouldn’t work!

Try this.

Maurice Sendak tells parents worried by Wild Things to ‘go to hell’ | Books | guardian.co.uk

It’s actually a bit amuzing.

Everyone REALLY is entitled to their opinion.
He makes a good point, doesn’t he?

:laugh::laugh: Honestly, how did all us Baby Boomers grow up without all these regulations!! Seriously, how did we cope!!

Ha! I love it when people are not afraid to speak their minds.

LOVE that book. LOVE it. I am hesitant to see the movie only because of how much I love that book.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1000819]Ha! I love it when people are not afraid to speak their minds.

LOVE that book. LOVE it. I am hesitant to see the movie only because of how much I love that book.[/QUOTE]

exactly! :cool:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1000819]Ha! I love it when people are not afraid to speak their minds.

LOVE that book. LOVE it. I am hesitant to see the movie only because of how much I love that book.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I would check that book out of the school library over and over and over…then pester my mom to take me to the public library over the summer:happy:

Me too! My dad taught at our local college when I was a preschooler, and he would check that book out of the college’s library and bring it home and read it to me several times a year when I was little. I always loved it, and I would ask him all the time when he was going to bring Where the Wild Things Are home again. I have very fond memories of snuggling on my daddy’s lap reading that story. I think it’s a wonderful book, and I love knowing where Maurice Sendak’s inspiration for the Wild Things came from. They’re his FAMILY!:laugh:

haha, that was awesome. I have to say, no offense to anyone, I think I’d tell parents who are concerned about the movie to “Go To :fork_off:” too!! :laugh:
There are a lot scarier things in the world to guard your children from.

Aye aye aye.

And ironically, I don’t know who copied who but his quote about Mickey Mouse is almost EXACTLY the same as Warren Spector’s words when talking about his early obsession with Mickey Mouse. Like almost EXACTLY the same, so I’d love to know who inspired who. Interesting.

I, sadly, heard the movie was not very good! :crying:

It’s one that I love and one that I love to teach to Early Childhood students. I’ll have to rent the DVD when it comes out and see for myself.

I heard the movie wasn’t very great either.

Valid points or no… I honestly don’t care… he sounds like someone who seriously needs to get over himself.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;1000888]I, sadly, heard the movie was not very good! :crying:

It’s one that I love and one that I love to teach to Early Childhood students. I’ll have to rent the DVD when it comes out and see for myself.[/QUOTE]
It’s a very short book. I could never imagine that they can make a decent movie out of it. Who wants to hear growling for 2 hours? :ph34r:

I don’t think kids books translate very well to movies…I remember The Polar Express was terrible (at least I thought so) and it was SOOOO long for a book that had about 3 words if that.

You gotta love the fact that he has to bring up “Mickey Mouse” !!!
Here is his moment for “Wild Things” and he’s talking Disney.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Maurice … move on now you had your 15.
Blah Blah Blah … Mickey Mouse is a sellout. Go take your extra income and disappear for another 30 years …
Allright I’m off my soap box!!! (Dont talk about my Mickey!!!) :laugh:

Alright then…

AAGGH!!:ohmy:

That movie is a family favorite here, all of us love it. We watch it frequently, and we have gone to see it at the IMAX theater at Christmas the last two years in a row. :slight_smile: