MBer's w/ kids in Fl schools

Being nosy and anxious to plan my next WDW vacation I went to our schools website to see when Spring Break is. (I’m actually thinking Spring break would be a good time this go round due to either dh or I being in school.) Well, my schools Spring break is slated for…the LAST week of April!!:mad::blink: Who the heck thought of this? School is out June 10th in our district next yr.

By the last week of April it isn’t spring here, but summer. Well there goes a Spring break getaway. sigh

I’m assuming your district has their spring break around Easter, which I believe is at the end of April. Our school district doesn’t follow that. They always have it the last week in March, so I think this coming year, spring break at Disney won’t be as bad crowd wise, because it may get spread out a lot with a late Easter. Only guessing though.

We don’t even get a spring break!

Here is the Palm Beach County School Calendar:
School District Calendar

Not sure the district up by Disney, I’m sure it’s similar, altho they got out of school later then we did. Our Spring Break is: March 14-18

That’s just not right!! :crying:

Ours in NE Florida for next year is March 25 - April 3.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1038952]That’s just not right!! :crying:

Ours in NE Florida for next year is March 25 - April 3.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so you are really different then we are.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1038952]That’s just not right!! :crying:

Ours in NE Florida for next year is March 25 - April 3.[/QUOTE]

I guess the upside is we’re usually done with school before May 25th every year. Last year we were out around May 22nd so that’s nice.

Oh, I would take getting out in mid May over having Spring break any day. It’s amazing how each school district is sooooo different.

I would too. However, I do get a little jealous when I hear about all these spring break trips. We have never had a true spring break, we get Good Friday off and some years we get the Monday after Easter off and that’s it.

We start Aug 16 and get out June 3

We usually start around the 22-25th of August and get out no later than the end of May. I can’t remember the last time we were still in school in June.

Ditto for us too, but we start mid Aug. We’re mandated to 178(180) days. Personally I wish those 178 were spread out even more going into June, which would give us longer breaks during the year. Then maybe we wouldn’t be at Disney next weekend in the heat.:blink:

This is new for us too. We have built in hurricane days, and instead of taking them off the end of the school year they give us random days off :blink: make NO sense! :laugh: We used to get out the Wed after Memorial day, now it’s the first Wed in June? I guess as long as it totals 180 days we’re good?