MBT sneakers...yay or nay?

As much as I’d love to wear flipflops to WDW next week, I don’t think it’s that great an idea. My mom thinks I should bring two pairs of sneakers. I have a Saucony pair but not another pair (I basically wear out the pair I have and then go buy another. My mom has a pair to match every color in the rainbow). So I did some research online and MBT’s came up as good for people with back and joint problems (a car accident has done some serious damage to my back and SI joint). I know the MBT’s are expensive but if they really do help then it’s worth it. From the reviews I’ve seen online alot of people like them…anyone here use them?

I have a pair of MBT’s that I wear for work, after hurting my back. I love them! I do not think I would take them to WDW next week though, as it could take a week to get use to them (if you are not wearing then already). The curved base makes you rock on the front of your foot, and it can take a little time to get used to. Once you get use to them, you would not want to wear anything else. I have a hard time walking after getting out of them at work. Unless you get a closeout model, they are not an inexpensive shoe.

Yeah, I know they’re not cheap, but there’s a store in town that carries them. So I figure I could get them today and where them this week to see if I can get use to them. They’d be my alternative sneaker for the WDW trip. In the past I’ve used Tevas and while the sandals are great, they’re not the greatest for my back.

Check out the on-line store also. They have discontinued models that are very reasonable (if you are not making a fashion statement). It took me about a week of wearing them around the house on and off, building up the time, before I would wear them to work. I will not wear anything else now with my back. It has made such a difference.

I always wear sandals to WDW. I’ve got bad knees and it never bothers me. I just hate shoes. Not sure why. Wait…that doesn’t answer your question at all, does it?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:ph34r:

:ph34r:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:

Sorry.

I have to be honest, the thought of breaking in a new pair of sneakers at WDW leaves me in pain! Brin the ones that you have that are all broken in and another type of comfy (already broken in) shoe!

Me too! (Of course, I’m a guy…)

I always said that if Crocs came with a leather top I would wear them to work, they are the only comfortable “shoe” that I know of. This may be because I hate socks too, but I’ve never found a pair of sandals that I like. However, WDW is too much for Croc-only walking so I resort to tennis shoes.

I’ll have to check out these MBT shoes, might help my bad back…

dh wore crocs all week loves them they are the only shoes that doesnt hurt his backand legs.

I hate shoes and socks. If I could I would walk around barefeet all the time but while in WDW I cant get away with just flip flops because my feet would fall off by the end of the night so Im going to wear my Coach sneakers. They are so light weight and feel like dance shoes.

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;984198]Me too! (Of course, I’m a guy…)

I always said that if Crocs came with a leather top I would wear them to work, they are the only comfortable “shoe” that I know of. This may be because I hate socks too, but I’ve never found a pair of sandals that I like. However, WDW is too much for Croc-only walking so I resort to tennis shoes.

I’ll have to check out these MBT shoes, might help my bad back…[/QUOTE]

I’ve got a pair of Rockford sandals and a pair of Dockers that are really comfortable. I can’t deal with the things between the toes and I like a thick sole on my sandals.