McDonalds closing?

Just read on wdwmagic.com that the McDonalds in DTD is closing April 30th and a Pollo Campero chicken is taking it’s place. Never heard of Pollo Campero, but some said it’s very good.

I was sort of expecting that during this last trip, when we went in there and fed a family of four for about $20, including free refills on sodas.

Why would it close? It is always so busy! Is this a decision made by Disney or McDonald’s or both?

I remember hearing thin a while back. I love chicken so im looking foward tot he change.

I think the change will be good too. There’s a McDonald’s on practically every street corner at home, so why would I waste my money eating at one at DTD; especially when there’s an Earl of Sandwich that has a much healthier, better menu to choose from.

I agree that McDonald’s is not necessarily the place I choose to eat when I am on vacation. I am just curious why this change is taking place. It just seems like an interesting move. I thought Disney and McDonald’s had a tight relationship, and, again, the DTD McD’s is always so busy. Anyone know why?

I’d bet that Disney recognized an opportunity to put something in that place that would generate more revenue.

There used to be two places to get McDonald’s french fries and drinks in DL and a Mini-McDonald’s in CA Adventure where there was a limited menu but they are all gone.

It’s a real bummer because it was nice to stop and get a MD’s fry to hold over hungry DK’s until dinner.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;1016846]There used to be two places to get McDonald’s french fries and drinks in DL and a Mini-McDonald’s in CA Adventure where there was a limited menu but they are all gone.

It’s a real bummer because it was nice to stop and get a MD’s fry to hold over hungry DK’s until dinner.[/QUOTE]

Animal Kingdom & Epcot World Showcase kiosk by Canada had it too…
But they changed those over …:crying:

I agree, even with 3 kids in tow, we’ve never ventured into McD’s at Disney. Too many other great choices to try. We can get McD’s at home, don’t need it on a vacation.

It still makes me “McSad” … :crying:sniff sniff

Crap!! This is part of what is “mommy-son” time when we go down!! My son is a French Fry addict, so we go down check out the Lego’s, grab a fry and hang out…He looks forward to his Mickey D’s time… Guess we’ll be trying something new in September!

That’s what we do! We usually get a fry to hold us over till our next “real” meal and let our DD play with the legos. It’s the smell of the food when you walk by, it just sucks you in :laugh:
I’m sure the other rest. will have easy options also…hopefully!

My son was sad to hear about the closing, he loves McDonald’s, even on vacation.

I’m guessing a lot of people will be sad. That place was always packed when we went by on the way to the Westside.

You’re right, it was always packed. It was just a nice break for our son while on vacation and something to look forward to.

it makes sense… I mean they have pulled all the McDonalds french fries places out of theparks. My family was very disappointed when we were there in January, that was one of our favorite snacks.

this is not official but the disney,Mcdonalds relationship has been frayed for quite some time…but my next post sheds a different light on it…I pulled my last post because a friend of mine who owns several mcdonalds …said to me it was bound to happen…

Pollo Campero grows from Big D to Disney - Orlando Business Journal: upon further review…this article seems to be very interesting…

Oh no! I know that we can get Mickey D’s anywhere, but even at 15 and 17 my DS’s looked forward to fries after building legos racers with the little tykes (it is always amazing when your child/young man takes time to show a little stranger how to put together a lego car). We will be sad to see it go.