McDonalds in Downtown Disney Closing

It is going to be replaced by Pollo Campero. A Latin American chicken concept. No affect to the other McDonalds on property.

I bet a lot of parents of picky eaters are going to be disappointed.

This is surprising.
Wonder why it won’t be Pollo Tropical?
They are pretty popular in South Florida.
Never heard of Pollo Campero.
Then again, I’d kill for Popeye’s!!

I’m disappointed… no more golden arches :angry::crying:

I kind of thought it odd to. I went to the restaurant’s website and it is only a chicken place. I wonder if they may add a burger to the Downtown Disney store. None of the other counter service places in DD has a hamburger option. You would have to go to a sitdown to get a bigger.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1017075]This is surprising.
Wonder why it won’t be Pollo Tropical?
They are pretty popular in South Florida.
Never heard of Pollo Campero.
Then again, I’d kill for Popeye’s!![/QUOTE]

I knew I liked you for some reason.:tongue: Popeye’s is the best most awesome fast food chicken chain ever!!!

oh well…I mean it’s just Mcdonalds and they already have one on property.

I will miss that Mr. Pibb machine…

Yeah, but I’d kill for an Egg Bo Biscuit at breakfast. (Bojangle’s)
There is no side dish better than Popeye’s red beans and rice at any fast food joint! Side dish? It’s a meal in itself. And now they have langostinos (crawfish) too.
Speaking of breakfast biscuits, or biscuits in general, some people in the Carolinas have a heavenly place called Biscuitville.

Back to the topic at hand, I still find it curious that the DTD McDonald’s is closing.

But unless you have a car, you can’t get to the All Stars/AK McDonald’s.

I wonder if they want to lure more people into the T-Rex Restaurant. Kids that’ll only eat at McDonalds could probably be coaxed in there if it was the only other choice.

Where is there another McDonald’s on property??

Near AK and All Star Resorts.

As I posted above, it’s out where Buena Vista Drive and Osceola Parkway cross near AK and the All Stars, but unless you’ve got your own car, you can’t get there, period.
Well, you could take a taxi, but do you really need McDonald’s that bad that you have to add $40 for a round trip taxi to a $15 breakfast for 3?

I think in all the trips we’ve taken to the world, we’ve only ever eaten there once. So I guess it’s not real loss for us but I know quote a few parents who will be dissapointed!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1017145]Yeah, but I’d kill for an Egg Bo Biscuit at breakfast. (Bojangle’s)
There is no side dish better than Popeye’s red beans and rice at any fast food joint! Side dish? It’s a meal in itself. And now they have langostinos (crawfish) too.
Speaking of breakfast biscuits, or biscuits in general, some people in the Carolinas have a heavenly place called Biscuitville.[/QUOTE]

I won’t eat at McDonald’s here at home, or anywhere for that matter :blow::eek: so no loss for me if they took all of them out.

SG I completely agree with you on Bo’s smoked sausage bisquits or anything from Zaxby’s and Popeye’s Red Beans an Rice, esp dipping the biscuits in the juice. Nuff said… I know what’s for lunch today now.

I just like McDonald’s breakfast. Otherwise, nationwide, they’re a last resort choice for me too. So, personally, the loss of the DTD McDonald’s isn’t important to me at all, but I feel bad for everyone else who does enjoy the place.

Regarding someone’s suggestion that closing McD’s will help drive business to T-Rex, they don’t need any help generating business and I feel McDonald’s diners generally don’t want to spend the extra cash involved in any sit down at that moment. Six or seven bucks per person versus (at least) $15 can add up too fast for most guests.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1017145]Speaking of breakfast biscuits, or biscuits in general, some people in the Carolinas have a heavenly place called Biscuitville.

.[/QUOTE]

That’s funny- we just got a Biscuitville here and I thought “what’s the deal?” I guess I’ll have to try it out!

As for McD’s leaving DtD, I’d feel silly eating at McD’s with the Earl of Sandwich so close by! :laugh:

Leslie H, you really should give Biscuitville a try, especially for breakfast.
I’d feel silly eating at the DTD McD’s because it’s next to Fulton’s and House of Blues is walking distance and they’ve got better burgers at HoB.
Yes, given a choice of the Earl or “the clown”, it’s the Earl hands down.

Actually you can get to the other McDonalds without using a taxi. You can take a bus to All Star Sports. You can then walk to the McDonalds. There are walkways and a crosswalk on Buena Vista Way. The distance doesn’t look too bad.