ME reservations

Is ME tied into a WDW reservation?
I thought I knew this but i’ve been reading other places (yea, I know, I strayed:blush:) where guests had a ressie at a non-WDW resort and paid a sm fee to be transported on ME to a WDW Resort. From there they walked or took a cab to the resort they were staying at. I didn’t think you could do that.
We always drive but when DSIL joins us she flys into MCO and has to arrange a transport if it’s not a WDW resort.

Magical Express is tied into a WDW resort reservation. It is a perk for staying on WDW property and you must show a boarding pass or be listed in the computer (cas you don’t have your boarding pass) to board the buses. I have never heard of anyone being able to get on the buses without the proper paperwork or being in the computer, but people always find a way to beat the system…unfortunately.

I do not think you have the option to pay to take ME, but I could be wrong I suppose…never heard of it though.

I’ve never heard of it either until I read it on Dis the other day. Guest of SoG had asked about transportation from MCO since ME doesn’t go to that resort, and another guest suggested what they had done which was pay extra to ride ME to Poly then take a cab across the street. I was surprised since I had always thought it was tied into your (WDW) resort ressie.

It’s just not possible. DME is not a fee-for-service operation. There is no mechanism by which you could possibly pay.

DME is a function of resort reservations. It is impossible to get a DME reservation without a reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort.

In something like the message board posting you refer to, it always works out that there is a little detail they are leaving out or a little detail they are confused about.

Mears is the subcontractor that provides the buses and drivers. If you walk up to the Mears counter (NOT the Disney’s Magical Express counter) and buy a ticket for a ride to a Disney resort (there are people who do it, such as someone who isn’t named on the resort reservation), Mears has the option of putting those paying customers on a DME bus rather than a regular Mears shuttle bus or van.

But there is no way that someone staying at Shades of Green can pay DME for a ride to anywhere. It just doesn’t work that way. :flowers:

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1094051]It’s just not possible. DME is not a fee-for-service operation. There is no mechanism by which you could possibly pay.

DME is a function of resort reservations. It is impossible to get a DME reservation without a reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort.

In something like the message board posting you refer to, it always works out that there is a little detail they are leaving out or a little detail they are confused about.

Mears is the subcontractor that provides the buses and drivers. If you walk up to the Mears counter (NOT the Disney’s Magical Express counter) and buy a ticket for a ride to a Disney resort (there are people who do it, such as someone who isn’t named on the resort reservation), Mears has the option of putting those paying customers on a DME bus rather than a regular Mears shuttle bus or van.
But there is no way that someone staying at Shades of Green can pay DME for a ride to anywhere. It just doesn’t work that way. :flowers:[/QUOTE]

I figured it was tied in with a ressie and I could see something like that happening where it would not be the norm. Someone must’ve had some Pixie Dust sprinkled on them that day. This is yet another reason why I like MB so much better than DIS. If there’s ever a question someone will come along with the CORRECT info rather than leading those that had isolated incidents to believe it’s the norm, when it’s not. If I could remember my password there i’d log in and set it straight, but I hardly ever go there and forgot it :rolleyes:.