Meet the Mouse and Celebrate the Season!

Roadway Report-Day #1
Well, at 6:30pm, our “cabin on wheels” left for our road trip down to the magic. Temp in truck reads 22 degrees right now and the bouncing of the cab is making this TR twice as hard to punch out on my little phone keyboard. Just wanted to thank everyone again for the well wishes and kind words.
Looking forward to a fun time!

Have a safe and fun trip. it is warmer in Georgia than it has been all week. I hope it is warmer for you down there.

Have a safe trip! Thanks so much for keeping us updated. I was thinking about you this morning about you heading out to my favorite place in the world!

Roadway Report - Day #1 (cont) Sorry to bombard you with pre-Dis chatter, but the drive is pretty dull in the dark through OH. Just enjoyed roll-up sandwiches and Doritos for our first pit stop in Lima. My 15yr old DS joined me in the camper to prep our meal in the dark and freezing cabin of our. Hopped back in the cozy truck, munched and crunched, and back on the road again! Happy car ride so far...loving it! Charlie Browns Christmas tunes playing in the background…Nice!

Be safe. What is your planned route to FL? Will you be hitting I-95 at all?

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1059248]Roadway Report - Day #1 (cont) Sorry to bombard you with pre-Dis chatter, but the drive is pretty dull in the dark through OH. Just enjoyed roll-up sandwiches and Doritos for our first pit stop in Lima. My 15yr old DS joined me in the camper to prep our meal in the dark and freezing cabin of our. Hopped back in the cozy truck, munched and crunched, and back on the road again! Happy car ride so far...loving it! Charlie Browns Christmas tunes playing in the background…Nice![/QUOTE]

Wait, wait, this you have to explain to me. Are you like in a thing that is hanging on for dear life to a truck? If so, is it legal to be back there when the thing is moving? And how come it’s so darn cold in there?

Dopey/Rich,
Hey! Glad you two followed me over to this thread. Now you can get in on the play by play action of traveling and campin` our way to the World!

First, we travel straight down to FL on I75. (We have, on other trips, taken a alternate route along the shore but not this trip)

Now,as for this rolling cabin I mentioned…

On our trips, my DH is very good at taling needed breaks. Dont want a drowsy driver of a camper toting truck on the expressway! So, we make it a point to take advantage of Flyin Js along the way. (Its s truck stop where tired drivers are welcome to park and snooze)

Last night (around midnight), we pulled in, parked, and crawled into our “cabin” for a snooze. Mind you, there isn`t hook up for electricity, so that meant kicking on the furnace in the dark. (We do have a generator but decided it was too much effort for a short break) Well, about an hour in to our nap and the battery died on the camper.

We decided to stick it out and bundle up…

At 5am, our ice-tipped noses and toes had enough! So, back on the road we are!

Next stop?

Breakfast!

Sounds like a fun time! Travel safely!

Thanks Missy! We`re in the moutains of KY right now. Eigjht more miles until we reach Cracker Barrel…

It`s almost 8am and I need my morning cup of joe!

Cracker Barrel…always a great place for breakfast. Safe travels to you and your family.

BRRRRRRRRRR! Try not to freeze!

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1059259]Dopey/Rich,
Hey! Glad you two followed me over to this thread. Now you can get in on the play by play action of traveling and campin` our way to the World!

Well, about an hour in to our nap and the battery died on the camper.
We decided to stick it out and bundle up…
At 5am, our ice-tipped noses and toes had enough! So, back on the road we are!
Next stop?
Breakfast![/QUOTE]

Looking forward to the play by play.

Sorry to hear you had to ‘rough’ it. Brings back memories of my years in the service. I always slept farthest from the fire if we could build one. Hence I was the first to realize it had gone out. Even though I was the corpsman, most times I was senior man on the team. Not a good way for one of the junior fire watches to begin their day.

Hope CB recharged the batteries. And again, be safe. Looks like wet weather here in the southeast along the coast. I don’t know how faar inland it extends.

Its already getting warmer! 27 degrees in lovely London KY this beautiful saturday morning. (Thats a whole 10 degrees higher than last night!):wub:

Be careful! Take i-75 straight through Atlanta… there are less cars, and no big trucks… Just my advice, but I hate the bypass around here-way too chaotic for me. You should not have any trouble today with rush hour, etc…

Thanks for the advice. Well be stopping in Ringgold for a good campout this afternoon/tonight. Its 43 degrees right now, so it looks like a campfire might be happening too this afternoon! (maybe I can juice up the lap top, get on line and post some pics):cool:

PS- No military-like sleep tonight! Woooppeee!! Warmth!

I should be studying for my final tomorrow morning (yes Sunday Morning) but here I am on MB getting caught up. You paint such a picture with words. Can’t wait for the nex update. Be safe and stay warm!

I don’t have anything to add, just wanted you to know you have another follower.

Be safe.

Okey dokey, this Happy Camper is REALLY a happy one! Guess what can be found only 300 yards from our campsite? Just as we turned to enter KOA grounds here in Ringgold, we saw a large sign “Welcome to Georgia Winery”. :eek: — :wub: After a cold start to our trip, what could be a better way to unwind and warm up a bit? Not that we’re huge drinkers, but a nice glass of mulled wine just sounded wonderful. So, a quick check-in, set up, and off for a nice stroll for some taste testing. Have you ever tried muscadine wine? Wow! I’m not a big white wine fan, but this was delicious. :wub: DH and I returned with a total of six bottles. A few are for gifts. (Like the neighbor who was given the privelage of taking care of our kitty and son’s beloved, pet turtle) As for the other three…Well, Christmas Eve and a glass of spiced muscadine wine just sounds delightful, doesn’t it? And, of course, we’ll need the other two for when we decide to revisit our fond memories of this trip…:blush:

Anyway, we just finished cooking hotdogs over the campfire and nibbling on some raspberries. DS(10) is still outside swinging on the swings, DS(15) is Facebooking friends from home, and DH is off to take a shower to wash off the road grime. :laugh:

Here are some pics of our Cracker Barrel stop, road way views, and tonight’s accommodations. (I hope I can attach them)

See you in the morning!

I grew up in Chattanooga, about 20 miles from where you are… Have fun!

arghh! I can’t seem to load any more pictures. I’ll try again later. :pirate: