Mickey waffle maker?

I am so excited…I just got back from my friends house, she is having a yard sale tomorrow but called me to tell me she has tonsss of Disney things and before she sells them to anyone she wanted to know if i wanted to come look at them so i did… i just bought the waffle maker from her for 5.00
i bought a mickey head pumpkin you put the bulb in and plug it in, and i bought 5 glasses they are colored but see through and there were mickey minnie pluto goofy and donald, paid 5.00 for that to, those glasses must have been old, she is a Disney fan to, but not as much as me now, she said when she got married and was younger she was like me…she said her whole living room was mickey.

she had the mickey toaster but realistically i don’t use a toaster so i didn’t want to take up space kwim? and she had a mickey and minnie sandwich maker its a plug in, never saw that one before but i just googled it and now i am thinking i should have bought it, but i didn’t get it for the same reason I didn’t get the toaster, i think if she doesn’t sell it tomorrow i’ll buy it.

[B]but now here comes the questions: does anyone own the waffle maker? and the sandwich maker?
if so how long do you cook the waffles/pancake mix she didn’t have the instructions…
and does anyone have any recipes they can share?[/B] TIA
Danielle

Well, I have a regular waffle maker, and it’s so easy. Just mix up some pancake mix, make sure you spray both the top and bottom insides of the maker with cooking spray (oil) so nothing sticks (you will always remember this process after the first time you forget, because boy is that fun trying to get the waffles out when they are sticking!). There should be a light somewhere that goes on telling you they are done. If you are wondering about brand of pancake mix, I like the Aldi’s brand best, and then Meijer’s brand. Somehow tastes more authentic than the name brands. Happy cooking!

ok cool, there is a light on it…so when the light goes on you’re saying they should be done?

Yes, that’s how mine works. It doesn’t take long at all to cook once you pour the batter in and close it. I’d say maybe a minute or two? Also, don’t fill it 100% with batter, because when you close it, a lot will come sqooshing out the sides. Maybe fill it 3/4 of the way.

awesome, thank you so much!
gonna run to stop and shop tomorrow and buy the bisquick mix

I have a Mickey Waffle Iron and it works like a dream! Makes great waffles. I always use my Aunty’s Rose’s recipe and people rave about them. If you’d like the recipe let me know. At Christmas my daughter brings over her Cinderella Waffle Iron and we use both of them for our Christmas brunch.

With mine I preheat it until the light goes on. I use a little melted butter to grease both the bottom and top of the iron. The surface is non-stick and I’ve never had a problem with the waffles sticking. I do re-grease after each waffle - fill the “Mickey” forms quite full. I’ve found that it works better that way. I usually leave them for about 3 minutes - just lift the top and see if they’re golden brown, if not quite golden enough, leave for about another minute.

if your willing to share your recipe, absolutely, thank you so much! :mickey:

Can you still buy the Just Mickey one anywhere other than yard sales? I can only ever find the 5 in one

i found this link for you…

VillaWare Mickey’s Waffle Iron 6 in. at Cooking.com

that’s the only one I found to but they don’t sell it. They are just teasing me with it!!!

omgoodness, sorry, I didn’t notice that.
you’re right thou, i only see the Fab 5 maker one.
I wonder if you call Disney’s merchandise dept. they might be able to help you.

i found a few on Ebay for you:

mickey waffle maker items - Get great deals on Home Garden, Collectibles items on eBay.com!

Sure! These are the best waffles you’ll ever taste! This makes a huge batch - so you can easily half it - Aunty Rose was a Saskatchewan farm girl who use to cook for threshing crews!:laugh:

4 eggs
3 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. melted shortening (I use butter), but margarine or crisco is fine.
3 cups of flour
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs well and add the milk and melted shortening to them. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Add vanilla. Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Makes LOTS!

Hmmm - I think we’ll have a waffle supper tonight!:whistling

[QUOTE=llama;1048792]Sure! These are the best waffles you’ll ever taste! This makes a huge batch - so you can easily half it - Aunty Rose was a Saskatchewan farm girl who use to cook for threshing crews!:laugh:

4 eggs
3 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. melted shortening (I use butter), but margarine or crisco is fine.
3 cups of flour
4 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs well and add the milk and melted shortening to them. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Add vanilla. Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Makes LOTS!

Hmmm - I think we’ll have a waffle supper tonight!:whistling[/QUOTE]

awesome, thanks so much!
will be trying it out tomorrow morning for breakfast

I so want shop that garage sale. I never find that good of stuff at sales. :frowning:

Thanks Llama for the recipe. This looks like a mix my Grandma use to make, so looking forward to trying it.

The kids loved it!!! :wub:
Thanks everyone!

pics below :happy:

Wow, yours makes big waffles. YUM! I have one that makes little ones like the size you see at WDW… but theirs are thicker.

Your Waffles came out great! Now I’m in the mood for waffles, I wish I was lucky enough to find a Mickey Waffle Maker or you had invited me for breakfast!

yes it was the big ones…i think these came out pretty thick to, prob. not has thick as in WDW thou…

awww sorry, next time!
Inmho i think they were a tad dry, but the kids loved it, next time i might throw in some cinnamon when i mix the batter…the kids had syrup on them and didn’t complain.