Mickeyears and DH = No kids at WDW!

August 25th Day One- the much anticipated, long awaited departure date of our “No Kids” trip to WDW had finally arrived. We woke up at a very early 4:00 a.m. and were out the door at 5:00 a.m. and headed to the airport to catch our flight to WDW. We arrived on time and even though the ME line was long it moved quickly and we were soon boarding the bus to AllStar Sports. We checked in, our room was ready, grabbed a quick bite to eat, changed into our swim suits and headed off to Typhoon Lagoon for some fun in the water. After our day at Typhoon Lagoon, we headed back to the resort to shower, change and then off to dinner we went. On the way to dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Cafe, it started to RAIN AND RAIN AND RAIN. We walked from the DTD bus stop to Wolf Gang Puck Cafe in the RAIN, luckily we had our rain ponchos but the RAIN was no match for them, we were a little wet when we arrived for dinner. Although we were wet and a little miserable, we had a fantastic meal, I had Mahi Mahi with coucous and DH had Almond Crusted Chicken with mashed potatoes. Both were very yummy. After dinner we headed back to the resort for some much needed sleep.

Great start. Cant wait to read more TR and see some pic.I wish I could get my DH to do a no kids trip but heck I cant even get him to WDW with the kids :laugh:

MickeyEars Yay!!!
and you posted a picture already, fantastic. ok, on with the story and the pics :biggrin:

August 26th Day Two - We headed out the door early to get to Epcot for our Segway Tour. What an AWESOME time we had on this tour, DH now wants to be a Segway Tour guide when we retire. I was a little nervous when I first stepped foot on the Segway, for anyone who’s never rode one, it’s a very sensitive machine, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a BLAST to ride. The tour consisted of one hour of indoor instruction and one hour touring out in the World Showcase. I HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone whose interested, it’s totally worth the cost. After our tour, we grabbed lunch at Sunshines Seasons, it was very tasty. After lunch we headed out and rode Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Nemo, then walked around World Showcase until dinner at Marreskesh, one of our favorite dining spots…it did not disappoint everything was delicious. We even found a hidden Mickey or two.

Awesome, another ‘couples’ TR! :smile: You guys are so cute & I love your pics so far! Can’t wait to hear the rest of your report.

Two thoughts, mickeyears – first, look at how relaxed you are in the first photo, and you haven’t even left yet! And then check you guys out ont he Segways… ah! – isn’t getting away from the kids GREAT? LOL

And second, I totally love the very artistic pick of the storm drain – I am stealing it for my desktop wallpaper, if that is OK!

After our day at Epcot we headed to DTD to see the 9:00 pm Cirque De Soleil La Nouba show, I bought the cheapest seats available…they were GREAT seats. We were three rows down from the last row on the curve of the auditorium. We both really enjoyed the show, I wasn’t sure if I’d like it when it first started, but it grew on me as I watched. Words cannot describe this show, it was FANTASTIC! After the show we headed back to the resort for some much needed rest after our long day. I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Here are a few more pics from our long day at Epcot.

I’m loving your report!! Great pictures!!

Thanks Wishy, it’s my first time posting pics, finally you Mousebuzzer’s can put a face to the name.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;875929]Two thoughts, mickeyears – first, look at how relaxed you are in the first photo, and you haven’t even left yet! And then check you guys out ont he Segways… ah! – isn’t getting away from the kids GREAT? LOL

And second, I totally love the very artistic pick of the storm drain – I am stealing it for my desktop wallpaper, if that is OK![/QUOTE]

No kidding about being so relaxed, I enjoyed every moment of this trip. We had such a good time.

August 27th Day Three - This was our MK day. We were out the door very early once again, this day was our Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We throughly enjoyed this tour, it was packed with alot of information. We went backstage to see the floats, saw a parade rehearsal and got to ride the Jungle Cruise and The Haunted Mansion as part of the tour…there’s a hidden Mickey on the dining room table - look for the last place setting on the left hand side. We had lunch at the Columbia Harbour House, it was included with the tour. After lunch we headed back out into MK with our tour guide Mark (who was fabulous, he’s worked for WDW for 18 yrs and seemed to really LOVE his job) until we finally went into the Utilidor…Mark made us sware to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, EVER reveal or talk about what we saw. Sorry, I swore I’d never, so that’s all I can say about that.

After the tour we rode a few more rides, did some shopping, had a Dole Whip, took some pictures then were off the LTT for dinner. After a bathroom stop at the front of the park, we parked ourselves on a bench and watched the parade. After the the parade I got extremely tired from going non-stop for three days and both of us had sore feet so we headed back to the resort for the rest of the evening and to pack, the next day would be our last day. Once we were done packing it was off to dream land.

Here are a few photos we took at MK: MK was already getting decked out in it’s Halloween costume and the crane was in use putting Christmas lights on the Castle.

August 28th Our final day - We woke up early, checked out, had a quick breakfast and were headed to Typhoon Lagoon. We had such a great time our first day at Typhoon Lagoon we decided to end our trip there as well. We headed to Shark Reef, one of our favorite areas, took our time floating across the reef and enjoying the underwater adventure. We Rode all the slides, our favorite is Crushin Gusher. Stopped by the wave pool for a bit, had an AWESOME photo taken of us with the wave crashing over top of us (can’t share, we didn’t get the photopass CD) had lunch, changed and were headed back to the resort to catch the ME back to the airport. On the way to the airport it started to RAIN and RAIN and RAIN again. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to the weather, but we were soon in the air and headed home.

This trip was simply WONDERFUL and much needed!

One more thing, this is for my DH; cause I know he’ll read this, “Honey, I LOVE YOU!!”:wub: Thanks for taking this wonderful trip with me. You’re the BEST baby!:heart: Can’t wait till December. It’ll be here before we know it.:tinytree:

I love when we can do that! :happy:

Great trip. I can’t wait for mine :biggrin:

Ummmm, what were you drinking in the Epcot photo? something delicious?

AWW! I love the pic of you guys with Woody & Jessie!!! So cute!

[QUOTE=Dopey;875994]Great trip. I can’t wait for mine :biggrin:

Ummmm, what were you drinking in the Epcot photo? something delicious?[/QUOTE]

Very delicious; it was a Grand Marnier frozen concoction!

My bet is on the Gran Marnier Orange Slush!!!

ohhhhhhhhh, the drink that Samantha Brown always has, I must have one of those or two or three :happy:

Congrats on your trip, glad you had a good time. I will have to try one of those tours one day.

What a nice trip for you and your DH. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: