MickeyMotto's Belated, but Photo & Food Packed TR

First, I want to apologize for this being sooooooo belated of a TR.:blush:

Our trip was in February, but when we got back…well, life took over again.:pinch: After 2 bouts with the flu :blow:, a big annual fundraiser :angel:, kids :wacko: and work :glare:…the TR is finally about to begin. :biggrin:

And I might add, its a good thing cause we are leaving in about 40 days for another trip!:laugh::laugh::laugh: If I didn’t have this one done before we leave, I know I would never get the darn thing ever posted.:blink: So, for those who may still be interested, here we go…

No need to apologize. TR’s are always accepted late. :smile:

Cast & Characters
Me ~ MickeyMotto
DH ~ Andy
DS2 ~ Tyler

DS3 ~ Sean (to join us later when he arrives with the band)

DS1 ~ JJ (absent from photos, as he is away at college)
:john:

This trip was yet another band trip to the World. Last band trip was the “Freezing in February TR” this trip was thankfully a much better trip because Mother Nature was on our side this time.

We were able to swim and enjoy 70+ degree sun filled days for almost the entire trip.

This journey begins with the arrival to one of our favorite resorts where we enjoyed our stay. The Wilderness Lodge…

Why, thank you.:happy:

I just got back from your neck of the woods last week. We were at the Borgata for the weekend.

While enjoying the pool each day, we swam with some new friends and loved wandering around the lodge…

Borgata…I live near there too! So Jersey is so filled with Dis Luvers!

Some more sights around the lovely lodge…

We indulged in the Deluxe Dining Plan this trip, so prepare to see a lot of food this TR. Our first stop on the dining tour was in DTD at one of our new favorites, Ragland Road.

This is will be our rating theme:

Loved:wub:
Liked:happy:
Ehh::mellow:
Yuk:blow:

We enjoyed these appetizers:

Drunk Chicken - a whiskey glazed chicken kebab served with lime cilantro dipping sauce :happy:

Dalkey Duo - Dalkey-battered cocktail sausages with a Dalkey mustard dipping sauce :happy:

Scallop Forest - forks of scallops served with a lime dipping sauce :wub:

Beer flight :happy: (But we had Guinness later):wub:

Our entrees and desserts:

Serious Sirloin Steak :happy:

It’s Not Bleedin’ Chowder:wub::wub:

Ger’s Bread Pudding:wub::wub:

Toffee Cake:happy:

Raspberry something?:mellow:

Our first morning starts out with an Ohana Breakfast.

Since we are big Steeler Fans and this was the week after the Super Bowl, DH brought the Terrible Towel everywhere.:rolleyes: So this TR will be like finding the Hidden Mickeys, but with the Terrible Towel. :laugh:

As you can see, Mickey & Stitch are Steeler Fans too!!!:biggrin:

The breakfast and characters were great! This one is always on our list every trip!

Yeah, so happy to read your TR! Buncha handsome guys you got there!

We will not mark your TR down a grade for being late!

After breakfast, we headed off to Blizzard Beach! We would have preferred Typhoon Lagoon since we had just left cold, cold, Pittsburrrrrrgh, but since it was being refurbished, we settled for a relaxing morning at BB.

Then after a refreshing swim, some slides and a few laps around the lazy river, we were off to DTD and Disney Quest…

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;958290]Yeah, so happy to read your TR! Buncha handsome guys you got there!

We will not mark your TR down a grade for being late![/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks! I am just glad I can finally share this everyone now.:happy:

After some game time at DQ, we had a quick lunch at Wolfgang Pucks Express on the Westside.

Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper:happy:

Lasagna:happy:

Carrot Cake:happy:

After lunch we headed back to WL for a walk around the resort and late afternoon nap. After our nap, we showered and got ready for dinner at Jiko. This was our first time at Jiko and we were excited about trying it. We had heard so many good reviews…they were spot on!

I started out with a Melon Martini in the lounge while waiting for our table.
Tyler was still a bit tired from the day, but then the yummy bread came…

The appetizers & entrees:

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread:happy:

Curried Samosas:mellow:

Spiced Ostrich Filet:happy:

Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon:mellow:

Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Short Ribs:wub::wub:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;958259]Why, thank you.:happy:

I just got back from your neck of the woods last week. We were at the Borgata for the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Nice! It’s sad that I live 15 minutes away from AC and only go there like twice a year.:pinch:

How does one get to post. I have tried to find out but have had not luck. I have no problem with replying, but just don’t see where you can post a question.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;958286]Our first morning starts out with an Ohana Breakfast.

Since we are big Steeler Fans and this was the week after the Super Bowl, DH brought the Terrible Towel everywhere.:rolleyes: So this TR will be like finding the Hidden Mickeys, but with the Terrible Towel. :laugh:

As you can see, Mickey & Stitch are Steeler Fans too!!!:biggrin:

[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mickey? Rooting for the Steelers? This will not do!