Mickey's Halloween Party

We are headed to wdw for three days. Lots to do in a short time. Need to know, is Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party a must do? It’s girls only trip (my mom, me and my daughter age 9)

Thanks!

we did it once my dh and i … we plan on doing it this year. the night we went it poured all night but we still had a great time… it is not cheap but I think worth it…

I love MNSSHP. I have gone a few times. Last year however it was very crowded which can be aggravating when you pay extra to get in. The lines were long.

However the parade and the fireworks are great! I think it is a must do at least once! And you get a lot of candy. It is a fun idea and great atmosphere.

Thanks! Are most of the rides open?

[QUOTE=VickieMouse;1086968]however it was very crowded which can be aggravating when you pay extra to get in. The lines were long.
[/QUOTE]

Crowded? This will be the first time we are going, and the only way I talked my teenage boys into going is that it’s a limited ticket, so the rides won’t have lines. Is it really crowded, like summer crowded?

We love MNSSHP its a must do if its on whilst you are there. It does get busy, but as the night goes on and some of the tinier kids go home the ride lines tend to thin out alot- I know DH and DD have gone on SM several times in a loop.
The parade is fab, and its worth going just to see how the park guests are dressed up too- great fun.

For Baloo and I, MNSSHP is definitely a must do! We do it every year (in costume!). We go as early into the start of it as we can - definitely nowhere near the end of October. That’s when it starts to get crowded. We go late Sept/early Oct and the crowds are minimal to nonexistent. For us, MNSSHP is a must do. We make a weekend out of it and do the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot the next day.

We are looking at October 25. Are we crazy?

I think it will be a tiny bit crowded, but you will have so much to do, and the atmosphere is SO MUCH FUN!. I don’t think that lines are a problem, because there are more things to do. There is a dance party (more than one), candy, and lots of characters. Plus parades and fireworks, long with the regular rides. I cannot think of anything that was closed when we were there…
The atmosphere is great, and a party type feel, especially since the kids can dress up. I would highly recommend it!!!

Almost all of the rides are open and what’s closed you don’t really miss.

Plus, with the park attendance capped at around 25,000, your wait times are going to be pretty good, except for Peter Pan (that ride always has an out of control wait line).

You can enter the park as early as 4 PM, so technically you could just hang out at the resort or go to DTD during the day and not even need to spend for an extra day’s park ticket on top of the ticket for the party.

Tuesday is always a good day to go. Perhaps the best day.

WE are going 09/16… i hope the lines are good . I really hope it doesnt rain… :frown:it did the last time we went.

Worth it for sure. And since you are only there for such a short time, maybe you could make it your Magic Kingdom night - and do the other parks on your other days?

We are going to be there the 16th too! We won’t allow it rain! :wink:

I think it is well worth it. We get there around 4, have a bite to eat and wait for the party to start. I don’t think the lines are that bad, but then again we have only went during September. There is so much to do, we have done a few rides, but usually end up taking the kids around to the dance parties and trick or treating. I think you would really enjoy it!

We’ll be there the 16th also! :wink:

Never been to MNSSHP before…did they have to change anything up when it rained? That’s my biggest concern. I can deal with crowds, but will be pretty annoyed with myself for spending an extra $200 for tickets if it rains the whole time.

Are you guys dressing up?

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1087109]We’ll be there the 16th also! :wink:

Never been to MNSSHP before…did they have to change anything up when it rained? That’s my biggest concern. I can deal with crowds, but will be pretty annoyed with myself for spending an extra $200 for tickets if it rains the whole time.

Are you guys dressing up?[/QUOTE]

we got kid of stuck on a porch near liberty tree inn. it was pouring woody and jessie came out and spent the whole time with us and this singing group I cant remember their name except they were dead lol came out and did a whole mini concert for us. one had a arrow in his chest and one had a hatchet in his head… funny. we ddi not dress up except for Halloween tee shirts. im never sure what to go as… suggestion? It was fun. :laugh:we are gong to do it again.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1087109]We’ll be there the 16th also! :wink:

Are you guys dressing up?[/QUOTE]

Fortunately for us, we have never had it rain when we were at MNSSHP. (Knocking on wood as I type!) I am hoping it doesn’t rain this time either, because it will be our last night at WDW.

We are not dressing up, just wearing our Halloween shirts from previous years. My DD, however, will be Tiana this year. She doesn’t know she is going to BBB before hand to get her hair and nails done. I can’t wait to see her reaction! I am still trying to figure out what our 19 month old DS will be. I thought about a pirate, but who knows.

We’re going to be there on the 13th and I hoped that going that early in the season would mean less crowds. Looks like that was a good guess!

DD is hoping for clear skies when we are there, at least for the party. Wish I could guarantee her that :slight_smile:

Is it typical for CMs to let you in at 4 on your ticket? I was a little concerned about that because I’ve seen mixed messages on that particular issue. We are counting on that being true, as our dinner ressies are 5:45 that night at CP.

I have been so inspired that our 2012 trip will be the Halloween Party probably around the 19th(my wedding anniv). With it being nearly two weeks out do you think it will still be crowded?

I think you will be fine getting there at 4- I have seen it on 2 different occasions. I think you will be fine with the crowds… Don’t worry about it. There will be a little pandemonium until 7 (when day guests leave), but after that… it will be fun. Get your daughter to dress up if she wants-it is really fun for that age. Be prepared to stay up REALLY late that night. We have closed the place down because the kids were having so much fun.