Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

I have been waiting to buy our tickets for MNSSHP because I can’t decide if we should go or not.

Without juggling our ADR’s, Friday, Sept. 26 would be the best date for our itinerary. My only concern is that this is a Friday night. Has anyone had any experience with the crowds for MNSSHP on Friday nights?

My other concern is that most likely we will not be able to reschedule the Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau ADR that we have for Fri., Sept. 26. I know it hasn’t had the best reviews but it is one of the only things that DH said he really wanted to do on this trip. I’m thinking we might be able to get in closer to Sept., but right now all the dinner shows are completely booked.

Any advice?

I haven’t been to the Luau, but I have been to MNSSHP many times–including on Friday nights. I’ve never seen it MORE crowded on a Friday night than on a Sunday or any other night. Plus, you’re still in September, when crowds are minimal and the local Halloween rush hasn’t yet begun. I think you’ll be fine on a Friday in September.

About the Luau, see if you can reschedule before purchasing your MNSSHP tickets. If you can, great! If you can’t, maybe check in with DH to see what his preference is…if it’s the one thing he wanted to do, that’s rough to cut it out of the plan.

In terms of if MHSSHP is worth it, I think absolutely it is. It’s a lot of fun for kids and adults, the parade is one of the best in the business, and the whole park is decked out. I’d try to go if you can… :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Will the party be another day that you are there?
Typically Fridays are busier than other nights of the week however you are going pretty earlier and they tend to sell out the closer to Halloween.

Oh! But you should totally go to the party it’s amazing. The ride lines are small and there is free candy! Oh and Hallowishes is amazing!

I say it’s a must go as it’s a special ticked event and the crowds are smaller and the waits for rides aren’t bad.

The only other nights that it is scheduled during our trip is the evening we are going to Cirque Du Soleil and the evening we planned on seeing Fantasmic. We could shuffle around Fantasmic. Hmmmm.

I would shuffle around Fantasmic if you can. Besides, imagine if Fantasmic got rained out and you’d not gone to the party! The horror! :wink:

Go to the MNNSP! It’s the best . . . even SOLD OUT, the crowds aren’t bad. The parade, fireworks and treats are so fun. All the characters are in costumes. I would go to that . . . IMHO, it beats out Fantasmic and Luau for entertainment value.

I think you should go for the MNSSHP, especially if you’ve never done it before. That’s not a holiday weekend, right? Kids are in school that Friday so hopefully it won’t be too busy! I don’t think you’ll regret it.

We are going to be @ DW during the first Friday it opens…

Is this really worth the price of admission for two adults who are leaving the “kid” at home (for a nice relaxing vaca LOL)?

YES!!!

Anyone have costume pics?

:laugh:

The Party has to be one of the BEST times we’ve had in WDW.

Cool parade with a catchy tune. Boo-to-you

Candy - so much so we had to leave some behind when we came home. :blow:

Fireworks are second only behind the P&P Party.

We saw no lines the night we were there.

Characters were fun, though Goofy wasn’t exactly a hit…

MNSSHP is my favorite of all the special ticketed events. It is a must do, especially if you have kids old enough to enjoy trick or treating! Everyone gets candy and I mean a lot of candy- the good stuff too!! I went to the Luau in 2005 and was not impressed and wished we saved the money for something else. If I were you, I would skip the Luau and just do the party. We did the party last September around the 20th and the park the was dead!
It was wonderful!! We walked on every ride. Also, please know that MK lets you in the park at 4pm even though the party starts at 7pm with the special ticket.

Normally, I would say you should be fine for that Friday. Disney’s free dining ends on the 20th. But, then they opened up some awesome hotel deals through the 27th and that booked very quickly. I would also say that if it is sold out, you may not want to go. I love the MNSSHP, but, I have never gone when it has been sold out. Having been to quite a few of them when there hasn’t been a crowd, the time that you will be able to go has historically been a slower time, so, if you call in the beginning of September and find that there are still tickets available, it would be worth it to pencil it in to your planner.

We went last year on a weekend night late in October. It wasn’t that crowded at all. They sell a limited amount of tickets so that helps with the crowd issue. I think you’d be OK.