Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Well it’s official. My girlfriend and I are heading out to MNSSHP tonight and I’m kind of excited about it!

In all the years that I have been a passholder, I have always opted out of the extracurricular events that Disney charges extra $ for. But I figured, why the heck not, lets give it a shot. In fact, we’re doing this in lieu of HHN @ Universal as well as HOS @ Busch Gardens, mainly because both have been kind of LAME over the past few years. So instead of being disappointed due to the lack of “screams”, we’re going to see what Disney has to offer (knowing that it will present a more festive “Halloween” environment).

Is there anything that is a “Must See” (just two big kids, no little ones)?

I know that they turn Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion into the “Jack” show for Halloween, but do they do anything special at WDW’s HM (btw HM has always been my fav)?

Anything we should skip?

[QUOTE=papa bear;1051475]Well it’s official. My girlfriend and I are heading out to MNSSHP tonight and I’m kind of excited about it!

In all the years that I have been a passholder, I have always opted out of the extracurricular events that Disney charges extra $ for. But I figured, why the heck not, lets give it a shot. In fact, we’re doing this in lieu of HHN @ Universal as well as HOS @ Busch Gardens, mainly because both have been kind of LAME over the past few years. So instead of being disappointed due to the lack of “screams”, we’re going to see what Disney has to offer (knowing that it will present a more festive “Halloween” environment).

Is there anything that is a “Must See” (just two big kids, no little ones)?

I know that they turn Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion into the “Jack” show for Halloween, but do they do anything special at WDW’s HM (btw HM has always been my fav)?

Anything we should skip?[/QUOTE]

Oh I hope you enjoy it- we personally love it, but in comparison to Universal’s HHN I think you might find it very tame. Overall the atmosphere is just good Halloween fun with a great parade, and spectacular costumes ( and thats just the guests!)
We found the CMs at HM were a little more interactive than they are normally but as a ride it stays the same.
I do hope you have fun, let us know what you think.

Been to several. Lots of fun with both kids and adults dressed up.

The parade is a don’t miss.

the fireworks are great too!!!

the parade and fireworks are MUST DOS!!!

Overall, this was a fun event. We both had a great time! The parade & the fireworks were both fantastic but I have to admit, even though the “villians” are my favorite part of “Disney” (it’s a family thing that my Mom started), the “Villian” show was less than spectacular. The choreographers could have done a much better job with what they have to work with in my opinion. But outside of that, the meet and greets were cool.

Man, the actor that played “Jafar” did a bang up job! That guy exuded “evilness”… But the best actor had to be the one portraying “Dr. Facilier”. 3rd place goes to “Cruella De Vil”. She was a lot of fun…

We ended up with about 8 lbs of candy as well so we’re donating it to my girlfriends kindergarten class (when Halloween arrives)…

Last but not least, the Haunted Mansion looked awesome! And the cast members should dress that way year round!

Thanks for the head up everyone!

[QUOTE=papa bear;1052209]Overall, this was a fun event. We both had a great time! The parade & the fireworks were both fantastic but I have to admit, even though the “villians” are my favorite part of “Disney” (it’s a family thing that my Mom started), the “Villian” show was less than spectacular. The choreographers could have done a much better job with what they have to work with in my opinion. But outside of that, the meet and greets were cool.

Man, the actor that played “Jafar” did a bang up job! That guy exuded “evilness”… But the best actor had to be the one portraying “Dr. Facilier”. 3rd place goes to “Cruella De Vil”. She was a lot of fun…

We ended up with about 8 lbs of candy as well so we’re donating it to my girlfriends kindergarten class (when Halloween arrives)…

Last but not least, the Haunted Mansion looked awesome! And the cast members should dress that way year round!

Thanks for the head up everyone![/QUOTE]

Do you have pictures? If so, please post.:happy:

I was actually going to get to them tonight… I’ll post a few later on.

Yay, I am excited about going this year. Now if the rain will just stay away :slight_smile:

Well, taking pictures at night can be quite the challenge as we all know, but I came up with a few that should work… Actually, more than a few lol.

Should I include the details or post some random pictures? What do you think?

Definitely post the details! I can’t wait to hear about it!

Give us all ya got, Papa Bear :laugh:

Details, details, details!! :happy:

Haha, right on. Details it is! :cool:

The REAL reason we decided to go to MNSSHP is because we wanted to do something “different”. So I designed a photo scavenger hunt for us (specifically for this event but it’s something we have started recently, you know, to replace the “hidden mickeys” game :mickey:) and our goal was to try to take photos with all of the villains and some additional “Rare” characters that you don’t see every day at the parks. We definitely wanted to take out some time to catch the parade, the fireworks show and ride a ride or two as well, but the main goal for the evening was to complete the scavenger hunt.

By the way, many thanks to “Dawn” for the excellent links that she provided me with here: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/55910-mnsshp-character-greetings.html.

This site in particular really helped me out with the information I needed regarding what characters were appearing at the event, “who” was where, times that they appear, and so on: MNSSHP CHARACTERS - 2010 - WALT DISNEY WORLD CHARACTER HUNT

Well, on Friday, October 1st 2010, Mackenzie and myself were able to get out of work early and we headed up I-4 towards the Magic Kingdom. We pulled up into the “AAA Diamond” parking lot (btw if you’re a AAA member, you really should take advantage of this) around 5:30pm and we made our way to the monorail station.

Just a side note, I can’t WAIT for the TRON sequel in December! But one thing I don’t understand is why Disneyland gets a very cool TRON dance party at night, but here at WDW, all we get is a nice looking monorail. Personally, I think Disney should create some cool 3D motion simulators or some type of ride and maybe install them at EPCOT. Now THAT would be very awesome!

Anyways, Mackenzie and I exited the monorail, made our way through the security line, got the blue light go ahead with our index fingers and our night had officially started…

We made our way past the train station and onto Main Street USA just in time to catch part of the “Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Party”

Around 6pm, we ducked into the old Main Street Cinema (now known as “The Art of Disney”) to get our respective “vinylmation” fixes (she is on a mission for “Buzz” and I’m on a mission for “Statler”). Well, she ended up with “Lots-O-Huggin Bear” and I ended up with “Bean Bunny”… again lol. On another side note, did you know that you can trade “unwanted” vinylmation on the spot with a castmember in the store?

All of this “excitement” must have made Mackenzie hungry because not only was her stomach growling louder than Brer’ Bear, but she was getting a little “testy” as well (don’t we all when we get hungry) . So we decided to grab something to eat before the festivities kicked off…

We wrapped up dinner and headed on over to the old Sky Ride building to meet the Seven Dwarfs. It was around 6:45 and there were at least 40 people waiting in line!

While Mackenzie held our place in line, I headed over to “The Haunted Mansion” because I was hearing some intriguingly spooky sounds coming from the area… The cast members were all dressed up as ghouls and the lighting effects were amazing! On top of that, the sky was overcast so it really helped with the overall ambiance.