Mickeys Very Merry Chrismtas Party

Hello

Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for 2012?
Any tips or suggestions being at the party? Will I have time to go on the rides and see the parade/fireworks too?

We love going to the MVMCP. It’s a fantastic time to get quickly on a ride since a lot of the goings on happens in the “streets”.
don’t miss the lighting of the castle and the show before. the parade is fantastic. We try and catch it at the beginning right there by Splash Mountain.
Then we head over to the Diamond Horseshoe and grab a cookie and some cocoa. Just go with the flow.
I don’t know when the tickets go on sale.

Dopey
I was at the MK a year ago today and at night they do the Magic Memories and You on the castle.
Regarding MVMCP do they do that too?

[QUOTE=kpolo;1106062]Dopey
I was at the MK a year ago today and at night they do the Magic Memories and You on the castle.
Regarding MVMCP do they do that too?[/QUOTE]

I haven’t been to the parks since they started the Magic Memories thing.
So I do not know if this is part of the Christmas party. I doubt it.

They have a cute little show after which the Fairy Godmother puts the sparkle on the castle. Very nice.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106053]We love going to the MVMCP. It’s a fantastic time to get quickly on a ride since a lot of the goings on happens in the “streets”.
don’t miss the lighting of the castle and the show before. the parade is fantastic. We try and catch it at the beginning right there by Splash Mountain.
Then we head over to the Diamond Horseshoe and grab a cookie and some cocoa. Just go with the flow.
I don’t know when the tickets go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Dopey
Regarding MVMCP do they do that too? thank you for the welocme too

MVMCP is my FAVORITE thing, I think its worth it just for the parade and atmosphere, but you will have time to ride as well. IMHO, its the only extra ticket event worth paying for.

Well, now we know when Kpolo wants to go to WDW.

Especially if it’s your first or even second Christmas season in WDW, you’ll want to do the Christmas party, especially if you’ve got kids with you.
The same can be said to a lesser extent for Epcot’s Candlelight Processional, especially with the range of guest narrators Disney’s booked. This is also a bit more adult than the MK. Loads of people are moved by the presentation and it is extremely popular (and free once you’re in the park).

I’m trying to remember if they did the Magic Memories multi media show between the castle forecourt show and Holiday Wishes, but I’m drawing blank.
I’m guessing they did, but I really can’t remember.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106131]

I’m trying to remember if they did the Magic Memories multi media show between the castle forecourt show and Holiday Wishes, but I’m drawing blank.
I’m guessing they did, but I really can’t remember.[/QUOTE]

How do they do that with the icicles all over the castle?

Pixie dust and the words, “Bippity, Boppity, Boo!”

Ummmm, I should have known that that was a shtoopid quethchion on my part :redface:

Magic? Pixie dust? Pah!:laugh:

Lots and lots of strings of Christmas lights plugged into dimmers that are controlled by a living and breathing lighting designer or a pre programmed sequence, same as The Osbourne Lights.

Ooops, partly wrong answer.

They simply project with the icicles in place, but turned off, same as they do for the fireworks shows.
Remember, the icicles are in place from early November (maybe earlier as they’re not used during Halloween, but it takes a long time to wire up a building that size) until mid January even though they’re turned off on Jan 2.
So even on normal nights when Christmas entertainment isn’t happening, they still have to project all kinds of things on the castle and it isn’t much of a problem because the light strings themselves are as close to the building as possible and therefore don’t make any shadows that can be seen from 40 feet away.

Haha, looking for the like botton.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106171]Magic? Pixie dust? Pah!:laugh:

Lots and lots of strings of Christmas lights plugged into dimmers that are controlled by a living and breathing lighting designer or a pre programmed sequence, same as The Osbourne Lights.

Ooops, partly wrong answer.

They simply project with the icicles in place, but turned off, same as they do for the fireworks shows.
Remember, the icicles are in place from early November (maybe earlier as they’re not used during Halloween, but it takes a long time to wire up a building that size) until mid January even though they’re turned off on Jan 2.
So even on normal nights when Christmas entertainment isn’t happening, they still have to project all kinds of things on the castle and it isn’t much of a problem because the light strings themselves are as close to the building as possible and therefore don’t make any shadows that can be seen from 40 feet away.[/QUOTE]

You’re being kind of a downer, Soundgod. :laugh: