Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Line Up

Hi Helpful People :happy:

What time can we leave MVMCP without missing out on the fun? There is only the two of us (me and my DH) and this won’t be our only day at MK so we will be able to go on rides at other times. We also plan to arrive at 7pm, so will be there when it begins. I have been told by Soundgod that Holiday Wishes is on at 9:30, what about the rest of the evening - when do things happen? Presumably they are pretty early on as little-ones would not be able to make it until the bitter end.

I’m asking not because we are a couple of old folks who can’t stay up late, but because I’m wondering whether to book the Around the World Segway tour the following morning at 9am. As MVMCP finishes at midnight, I expect we won’t get back to POP until 1am if we stayed until the bitter end, so an early start the next day would not be fun. What do you think?

Thanks for all your help guys and gals.
Helen

Considering you’re paying over $50 and you’re not planning to arrive much before 7 PM, it would be a waste to not stay until 12, which is when the park closes.
The parade should run at 8:15 and again at 10:45 and the castle show should be at 7:45, 10:15, and 11:40.
In the past there was also a show in Tomorrowland at the Galaxy Palace Theater, but as it’s been torn out, I’m not sure if they’re planning to use the new stage they built for the quickly canceled Stitch show.
Basically, there’s entertainment all night long and also character meet and greet dance parties as well.

More info here:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Magic Kingdom

I don’t know what else you’ve got planned for that day and I don’t know what time you’ve planned dinner or where. I also don’t know if you’ll have park hoppers or not.
You might be better toughing it out, not getting as much sleep as you’d like and then go back to the hotel after the Segway tour and grab a nap.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993030]Considering you’re paying over $50 and you’re not planning to arrive much before 7 PM, it would be a waste to not stay until 12, which is when the park closes.
The parade should run at 8:15 and again at 10:45 and the castle show should be at 7:45, 10:15, and 11:40.
In the past there was also a show in Tomorrowland at the Galaxy Palace Theater, but as it’s been torn out, I’m not sure if they’re planning to use the new stage they built for the quickly canceled Stitch show.
Basically, there’s entertainment all night long and also character meet and greet dance parties as well.

More info here:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Magic Kingdom

I don’t know what else you’ve got planned for that day and I don’t know what time you’ve planned dinner or where. I also don’t know if you’ll have park hoppers or not.
You might be better toughing it out, not getting as much sleep as you’d like and then go back to the hotel after the Segway tour and grab a nap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Soundgod. I’ll try to avoid booking the Segways the following day then. We do have other dates which would work better for us for the Segways, but I don’t know whether Disney still have places available, our Travel Agent only checked the 16th.

We do have park hoppers, wouldn’t be without them, definitely worth the extra. Earlier in the day we plan to be in Animal Kingdom. This may change though, as I only started working out my day-by-day plan today as I finalized ADRs. Our 5pm ADR is in Epcot.

I would plan to make the Mvmcp a big event and relax the day after. Being in the over 50 club, may I suggest a 'power nap" before you go out that evening.

Always works for me.

We always plan on taking it easy the day of the event, so we can stay the entire night.

You know you can get in at 4pm, right?? I would go early to beat the crowds and at least be in the park already!!

You know, in years past, the party started at 7, and the park officially closed at 6. So basically, you had an hour where you just kind of wandered around, waiting for rides to open back up again. So this was the time we usually went and had our photo taken, etc. But this year, I noticed it says park closes at 7. Does that mean no more down time?

But they’re currently scheduled to eat dinner in Epcot at 5.
So something has to give.

The rides really never close. All rides have to clear their queues of non party guests, but so long as you have your wristband on, you are still allowed to queue for the rides.
By the way, they “clear” the queues by simply not letting people without wristbands queue after official park close. Any guest already on line for a ride, gets to ride.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993160]But they’re currently scheduled to eat dinner in Epcot at 5.
So something has to give.

The rides really never close. All rides have to clear their queues of non party guests, but so long as you have your wristband on, you are still allowed to queue for the rides.
By the way, they “clear” the queues by simply not letting people without wristbands queue after official park close. Any guest already on line for a ride, gets to ride.[/QUOTE]

This most definitely was not the case the last time we went to a Christmas party. Many of the rides were “roped off” we were distinctly told they were not running. That’s why I was wondering about it.

I’m happy to keep my Epcot ADR so will aim to be there for 7pm, and stay until the end. We are visiting MK another night anyway to watch SpectroMagic so there’s no need for us to arrive early, as we can do the non-MVMCP stuff the other night.

Oh if you don’t mind I have another couple of questions which relate to this…

1. How busy are the buses back to the resorts around closing time after MVMCP?
  2. Is 3 Wishes too much for one trip? In our itinerary at the moment we are going to see the regular Wishes, attending MVMCP so will see Holiday Wishes, and will be watching Holiday Wishes from the Poly one night too. Is this a bit much? (We are only seeing IllumiNations once). We like fireworks and really enjoyed both Wishes and IllumiNations last time we went, but I wouldn’t say we are passionate about them.