Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

so if this a special event,what happens on nights that the special event isn’t happening,…is there no christmas parade ,no christmas fireworks…

since I have never been to WDW at the holidays I was sSHOCKED to see that christmas is not celebrated at WDW except on special event nights…to me this is a dsiturbing trend…is it me would anyone belive that WALT would have approved of duch a thing…you know this is your park …how long will it be till the studios only turns on the osborne light show on special admission nights…thankfully I always go in april and october so if I miss out on halloween so be it…but the diminishing value of THE AP might ,just might say it is time to rethink my investment…I might sound strange but I didnot realize this was going on till just recently…if anyone has other info please advise

Sorry but you’re gravely mistaken. Christmas begins celebrating at WDW pretty much the day after the last Halloween Party. The Christmas decorations go up instantly. And though the Christmas party is on select nights at MK, Epcot and Studios still do their holiday celebrations EVERY DAY AND NIGHT.

AND, as a bonus, starting December 20th-31st, the Christmas events at MVMCP become daily ops at MK, meaning the Castle Show, Day Parade and Fireworks ALL go to Christmas mode, and are celebrated EVERY DAY. So the activities you get at the party, you get in the daytime after the 20th of December.

Hope this has helped, because Christmas at WDW is the greatest time of year here.

Wow, I have no idea what you mean, because we’ve been on Thanksgiving weekend, and when we woke up one morning, it had sort of magically become Christmas overnight. The tree in the resort was up… in fact, there is a themed tree in every single resort, multiple trees at every park, the incredible Candlelight Processional, Christmas music and carols are piped absolutely everywhere, and there are Christmas decorations dripping from every corner!.. There is so much Christmas going on a WDW that you can get overwhelmed with it!

We’ve also been at Christmas, which is extremely magical – and yes, a Christmas parade too! We have been as late as New Year’s Eve, and Christmas is still going strong then!

I think the “WDW not celebrating Christmas” thing has become an urban legend.

you guys missed the point…they have special event night s with special christmas,fireworks, parade,and other festivities…yes they celebrate it but when you comapare what we have here at DLR…we get the snow,the fireworks, the parade ,on all the nights after thanksgiving…we do not like halloween have special events…I spoke also to guest services . and they said no christmas fireworks,no full blown christmas parade,no snow,period until after the 19th of december,she told me that thousands of people have called with concerns … I am only going on what I have been told and what I have read …if you would like some info here it is…Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party | Walt Disney World Resort

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1053337]Sorry but you’re gravely mistaken. Christmas begins celebrating at WDW pretty much the day after the last Halloween Party. The Christmas decorations go up instantly. And though the Christmas party is on select nights at MK, Epcot and Studios still do their holiday celebrations EVERY DAY AND NIGHT.

AND, as a bonus, starting December 20th-31st, the Christmas events at MVMCP become daily ops at MK, meaning the Castle Show, Day Parade and Fireworks ALL go to Christmas mode, and are celebrated EVERY DAY. So the activities you get at the party, you get in the daytime after the 20th of December.

Hope this has helped, because Christmas at WDW is the greatest time of year here.[/QUOTE]yes …after the 20th …so the people who can’t go then just don’t get to share in the magic

DMJ, my concern is that you are giving a wrong impression here, and I wouldn’t want anyone who is thinking of going at Christmastime to not get the scoop.

WDW is absolutely immersed in Christmas beginning immediately after Thanksgiving and lasting until New Years. The parades, the theming, the music, the decorations. gingerbread houses, Santas are all over the place, including in the parade, caroling, candles, snow…

Trust me on this. Read my previous post.

It’s more of what extra you get (for $$$) doing MVMCP rather than the other way around. If they didn’t do the partys then it would be nothing other than decorations until mid Dec is my guess. Another way to look at it is that it allows people like me who won’t deal with Christmas crowds to enjoy a MK Christmas.

It may have been started by a mouse, but if it wasn’t for profit it wouldn’t continue.

I see where you’re coming from. But if you can’t make it to MK for Christmas festivities, or don’t want to buy a ticket for the party, then just go to Studios for the Osborne Lights. Or Epcot for the Christmas’ of every country. Or DAK for their Christmas parade and decor. Christmas events are happening every day at those parks. Remember, Christmas is not restricted to just MK.

Excellant point. My DW thought the EPCOT traditions of Christmas at each of the countries was going to be lame but it’s one of her fav things to do during the Christmas season down there now!

Ditto! We’ve done Epcot at Christmas twice now and we all love it. We got tickets to the Candlelight Processional one year and not the next, but we could still enjoy the music without the ticket. We could hear them belting out across the lagoon! Beautiful. :heart: