Mickeysgirlz "Back-To-School" TR!

:smile: Another quick TR! :flowers:

Every year the weekend before the DDs start school we head up to the world for a relaxing trip! Not a lot of park time, just some R&R! :mickey:

:heart::heart:This trip we stayed at Wilderness Lodge - and WOW it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I would recommend it to EVERYONE! :heart::heart:

Our room was a woods view, room 5071, but when we got inside the room our view was this:

So if you don’t want to pay a premium price but want a great view ask for this room! :laugh:

We loved this resort. The pool was beautiful and the rooms were cool and rustic. We got lucky with a room close to the lobby, but on the 5th floor. The room was in PERFECT tip, top shape! :heart:

A major PLUS is the boat shuttle to MK - using the monorail and boat as transportation made the trip even more relaxing! :mickey:

The first night we ate at the CS Roaring Forks, very small for the size of the resort, but it worked. We took the boat over to MK, since it was EHM until 2am.

The park was PACKED!! I’ve never seen so many people at the park :huh: BUT, the average ride wait time was 20 minutes? I couldn’t figure it out, except it was parade and fireworks time, and maybe everyone was at the hub?

Here are a few pictures:

[attach]50828[/attach]

[attach]50829[/attach]

[attach]50830[/attach]

[attach]50831[/attach]

[attach]50832[/attach]

On our way to MK we saw this!

We didn’t get to MK until around 9:30pm, we were only able to do a few things.

We did Laugh Floor, Buzz and THE PEOPLEMOVER!! :smile:

Race cars, teacups, and Philharmagic! :heart:

I think the BEST part about Disney in the summer is being with a lot of first timers! I think their reaction to the shows and rides makes it so fun! :mickey:

We called it a night around 11pm. We knew our plan for Saturday was to sleep in and then spend the am at the pool. Do a few of the fun kid activities in the afternoon and we had 5:15pm ressies for the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly!

Next day we slept until 10:30am!! :sleeping: That never happens at our house, and I’m almost 100% sure it has to do with the heavy black out drapes on the windows (Investing in some of them for home :laugh:)

We had breakfast at Roaring Forks (again this place is really small, so I can’t imagine it with a am rush) DD6 was disappointed they didn’t have Mickey Waffles :sad:

Side note: The only thing about facing the lobby, is you can hear whispering canyons having a good ole time! :laugh::laugh:

We then headed back up to the room to change for the pool! :heart:

nice pictures. cute kids

awesome trip report so far:smile:
i’ll be staying at WL this december, and i can’t wait:smile:

[QUOTE=littlehawley;1045755]awesome trip report so far:smile:
i’ll be staying at WL this december, and i can’t wait:smile:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Mousebuzz!! :mickey:

You will :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it!! We’d stayed at a lot of the WDW resorts, and WL was by far one of our favs! It was so warm and cozy and the boat to MK was just the perfect way to start and end the day!

We literally just got home and got the kids in the bed–I’m pooped, but I’m wound up and can’t sleep, so here I sit reading your TR!:laugh:

I was actually surprised at how many people seemed to be Disney newbies this trip. I talked to a lot of them waiting in lines and loved finding out what they thought at the end of the rides, and all of the ooohs and aaahs during Wishes were sweet.

Thank you! :flowers:

[QUOTE=missymouse;1045764]We literally just got home and got the kids in the bed–I’m pooped, but I’m wound up and can’t sleep, so here I sit reading your TR!:laugh:

I was actually surprised at how many people seemed to be Disney newbies this trip. I talked to a lot of them waiting in lines and loved finding out what they thought at the end of the rides, and all of the ooohs and aaahs during Wishes were sweet.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back! We were sitting with newbies during Philharmagic and the little girl was so excited, happy, surprised . . . I just had a HUGE SMILE on my face the whole time. That is Disney Magic at it’s best! :mickey:

Jen - I love all of your pics. Your girls are so sweet.:heart:

We LOVE WL - it is definately one of my favorite resorts…so cozy.:mickey:

[QUOTE=alicefan;1045769]Jen - I love all of your pics. Your girls are so sweet.:heart:

We LOVE WL - it is definately one of my favorite resorts…so cozy.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I’m lucky to have two sweethearts! :heart:

After some much needed R&R we decided to head back to the room to shower and change. The DDs wanted to do the cookie decorating and the craft making class the resort was offering.

Around 4pm we hopped on the boat shuttle to get to MK to then take the resort monorail to the Poly - Spirit of Aloha here we come! :smile:

We arrived at the Poly and took the loooooooong walk in the 100 degree heat to the venue (well it felt long in the heat! :blush:)

We arrived 45 minutes early like was recommended. Personally I DO NOT think this is necessary. Seating is “first come, first serve” BUT it’s really who’s first in line, and they don’t have you line up until you’ve been waiting around awhile.

They do provide ice water but there are flaming torches all around you . . . and yes, they let off lots of HEAT! :dry:

Once it gets close to show time, I would suggest you get as close to the entrance as possible. They seat you as you arrive. You have a section, but how close you are depends on when you arrive.

We were 3 tables back - the view was great and the fans were cooling (YES!) the chairs swiveled so you could eat, turn to watch the show, eat, etc.