Mickeysgirlz "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" TR!

Cast:
Me
DD10
DD6
Mom
Dad
Bro

My brother flew in from NJ and we drove up from WPB! We arrived around 3pm to check in to Port Orleans Riverside. We were in the Alligator Bayou section, since I requested a trundle bed. Dad and Bro shared a room and we girls shared another.

[B]The RESORT was one of the WORST parts!![/B]

I was so disappointed by it!This was the THIRD time we’ve tried POR, and altho the grounds are BEAUTIFUL and the boat to DTD a plus the rooms are HORRIBLE!!! (And you all know me, I never have ONE negative to say about Disney) but this was VERY disappointing. :pinch:

WORST!

Our plans were to check in, fresh up and then head to DTD. We had a ressie at WGP for 6:30pm.

Check in was EASY! And we were in our room in no time!

YUCK! Is the only word I have. It was old and run down. DUSTY doesn’t even describe it and there were leaves in our bathroom. We were better off then Dad & Bro, since they had a ROACH!! Now I know it’s FL, I live here and tropical bugs are a “thing” but this was crazy!!

So I spent the first hour cleaning (I know I should have called Mousekeeping) but we were short on time and I just did it!

I pulled out the trundle and OMG 3" of dust at least. G R O S S!!

I took the sheet off and replaced it with a new one from the closet. We all freshened up and were out the door. OF COURSE I was stewing that we paid $99/night and I could have been over at CSR with Queen size pillow tops!! LOL!!

OK Rant over . . . on with the report! :whistling

We were going to take the boat to DTD, but black clouds were rolling in. And as we all know, they stop running the boats if it rains and make you take the bus. We had the car so we just drove. Parking was easy, and we were in DTD in no time flat.

We went to will call and hooked Bro up with a ticket, and Mom & Dad picked up there seasonal passes.

The DDs spotted the NEW Ridemakerz that is located in the old Virgin Store. We didn’t make any to take home, but the girls and boys had fun checking it all out.

BEST!

Next it was MY turn. I wanted to check out D Street!

It. Was. AWESOME!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

What a fun store . . . check it out next time you’re in DTD!

:heart: YES THIS IS A CAR ANTENNA TOPPER! :heart:

keep it coming -keep it coming

YOU CAN COLOR YOUR OWN!

YES! THIS IS AN ANTENNA TOPPER TOO! :heart:

It was time to head back to Wolfgang Pucks for dinner, but at that moment is started to POUR!! We popped in the Candy Cauldron to wait out the storm.

NEXT TIME I AM BUYING THIS SAMPLER BOX! :wub:

Dad picked WGP, he ALWAYS picks WGP LOL!! :laugh:

We checked in and were seated right away. This time we were on the DTD side, not the water view side. It was nice there, not as noisy!

We ordered drinks and I got my fav the STARBURST MARTINI . . . YUMMY!!

The menu had changed and so had the PRICES B[/B] $30 for STEAK - um NO THANKS!! :glare: Even if it did come with “pommes frites” :laugh:

Instead I opted for the PUMPKIN RAVIOLIS and they were SUPER YUMMY ($12)

For dessert we had the Key Lime Pie and Lava Cake with 6 forks. Stuffed we headed out to walk around for awhile.

Bed EARLY because SATURDAY was Star Wars Weekend!

WOW! I can’t believe the rooms were so disgusting. That is terrible. I’m glad you didn’t let it slow you down!

Great pics, and I can’t wait to here more about the trip!!

We checked out World of Disney, Basin, the Sports Shop and then my second favorite shop Trend D!

DD6 is mad at me, cause she wanted this lunch box but I didn’t buy it for her (meant too, but forgot too) GOOD THING we have a trip planned for JULY! :wub:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1037199]WORST!
YUCK! Is the only word I have. It was old and run down. DUSTY doesn’t even describe it and there were leaves in our bathroom. We were better off then Dad & Bro, since they had a ROACH!! Now I know it’s FL, I live here and tropical bugs are a “thing” but this was crazy!!
[/QUOTE]

This was what I was afraid of after reading a lot of reports. This is why we changed from POR to Poly for our upcoming trip. I love the POR I remember of old, but it seems that times have changed.

Keep the TR coming. I am anxious to hear the rest.

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1037213]WOW! I can’t believe the rooms were so disgusting. That is terrible. I’m glad you didn’t let it slow you down!

Great pics, and I can’t wait to here more about the trip!![/QUOTE]

Soooooooo NOT DISNEY LIKE!!! I couldn’t believe it. We stayed there in July 04 and at the time they were redoing the mansion side. We did not have a redone room then and we were not happy. Our room stunk like mold and BO :blow:

This time in the Alligator Bayou side, it just looked neglected? I couldn’t believe the dust and leaves and BUGS!!!

Also, we got back to our room at 4:30pm and Mousekeeping had STILL NOT BEEN?

I never do the online survey they send when you return from your trip, this time I am doing it for sure!! I know Disney and this was NOT Disney like at all. :confused:

[QUOTE=simplytall;1037215]This was what I was afraid of after reading a lot of reports. This is why we changed from POR to Poly for our upcoming trip. I love the POR I remember of old, but it seems that times have changed.

Keep the TR coming. I am anxious to hear the rest.[/QUOTE]

GOOD THINKING!!! Until this resort is redone, I think it is best to just visit it! :laugh: when you walk the grounds it is just gorgeous and the boat to DTD is a wonderful feature - we won’t be going back anytime soon for sure. :frown:

We headed back to our dingy resort :frown: and tucked in for bed. About midnight B[/B] DD6 woke up unable to breathe. She had a terrible asthma attack. I know it was from the nasty trundle bed and dust - poor kid. So a dose of Benadryl and a steamy bathroom, in about an hour we were all tucked in again. (DD6 in the BED with my Mom! :laugh:)

B[/B] Next day STAR WARS! Even though the only true “fan” Is my bro, we all REALLY enjoyed it. I’m not sure it was just because of the different meet and greets, parade, events or what, but it was AWESOME!!

I won’t be able to post the rest of the TR until tonight, but I’ll leave you with a few Star Wars teaser pictures! :happy: (These are from my blackberry)

:heart::heart: CHEWY WAS THE BEST!! :heart::heart:

Wow I am sorry to hear this about POR. We are staying there in August and now I have read quite a few poor reports I am starting to get a little nervous. I did have some concerns about Housekeeping the last time we stayed at POR, however, it seems as though its not improved at all.
Anyway, aside from that I love your photos of the candy cauldron and I could eat those little cupcakes too. I will certainly be going in there next trip- looking forward to the rest of yours too.

Love your pics. So sad to hear POR was rundown. I hope they plan on a refurb soon.

Sorry to hear that the room was so bad. I’m glad you still made the best of it though. The last time I stayed there it was still Dixie Landings and had been interested in trying it again sometime, maybe I will wait a little longer now.

Can’t wait to read more or your TR!

[QUOTE=dixie;1037225]Wow I am sorry to hear this about POR. We are staying there in August and now I have read quite a few poor reports I am starting to get a little nervous. I did have some concerns about Housekeeping the last time we stayed at POR, however, it seems as though its not improved at all.
Anyway, aside from that I love your photos of the candy cauldron and I could eat those little cupcakes too. I will certainly be going in there next trip- looking forward to the rest of yours too.[/QUOTE]

For the same price you can switch to Coranado Springs - I’d do it! I’ve never had ANY problems there. The grounds are beautiful, the pools awesome! The Pepper Market always has good food and the ROOMS are AWESOME!! Newly refurbed with Queen sized pillow top beds and flat screen TVs.

Check out this link from one of my TRs - this was November 2009
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/53014-mickeysgirlz-happy-birthday-tr-6.html#post1004314

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1037199]WORST!

…[/QUOTE]

The next time pick up the phone and call the front desk. Tell them that the room is dirty and unacceptable. They will usually take care of it right away.

There is no reason to put up with this.

LOVING your TR so far. My girls got really excited when they saw the Alice in Wonderland Tea Cups and have added them to their souvenier lists.

Out of curiosity, how much do the Ridemakerz cars cost? My son would probably get a big kick out of that!